Boeneromics - DEREGULATE, CUT TAXES

ummm...deregulate frees up entrepreneurs to create jobs...and low taxes allows people to spend more of their money on what they want. I dont see the problem.

We have a $14 trillion debt hanging over our heads and you don't see a problem?

soooo stop spending money. we have a spending problem not an income problem, son.

$7 trillion in private debt. The average American can't pay more, the rich certainly can. Yes, about a 9:1 ratio in cuts and revenue is the proper path.

We are in this situation because of all Americans' greed, not just a small select group. American institutions, private and public, added to it.

Guess what? We all get to pay for it, including you, Liberty.

ummm...deregulate frees up entrepreneurs to create jobs...and low taxes allows people to spend more of their money on what they want. I dont see the problem.

You're getting your soundbytes mixed up. You're supposed to claim that low taxes free up revenue to 'create jobs.'

Except they don't, but that's another story. 1. Payroll is a pre-tax expense, 2. Businesses are making record profits as it is, and UE is 9%.

But lets run with it. Your argument is that freeing up revenue will stimulate the economy from the top and from the bottom, due to an increase in spending and an increase in corporate net profits, hence 'more jobs.' Then why not just give them the money? Why not have the government pay peoples' and companies' rent and other bills? That will free up money and have the same stimulative effect you are espousing, would it not?

ummm, deregulation led to the worst recession since the great depression - what part of this don't you think is a problem:eusa_hand:

Really? Which deregulations led to this depression? Be specific.

For those that want deregulation to spur growth. I'd like to know which regulations, specifically, you would like to see cut and what you expect that impact to be.

CPSIA would be a good start. I expect to see more people making children's toys and clothing as a result.

Now that I proved I have an answer to your challenge do you want to take up mine? Or will you leave it for the OP not to answer?

So you want to do away with the legislation that cuts down the amount of lead in childrens toys? That's where you think we can start to get America back on the right track? :eusa_eh:

You think the CPSIA is on the right track? Are you aware that every single manufacturer or seller of children's toys is now required to send what they sell to an outside laboratory to test for lead content? Even though the law specifically exempts resellers from the requirement, they still are liable if anything they sell contains lead, even if all they are doing is selling old toys in a garage sale? That this stupid law has driven people who make hand carved toys out of business because they cannot afford to test products made from wood and sold unpainted? That small craftsmen who make custom dolls are required to test every single item they use to make dolls, or their clothing, and keep meticulous records on them? That they actually have to make sure that those records are kept for every single batch of material they buy? That if they start running low on blue beads from one batch they have make sure the doll does not contain beads from another batch?

Excuse me, I lied, the law does not require everyone to to send their toys to an outside lab. It specifically exempts Mattel by name, which is the company that actually caused the scare in the first place by importing toys from China with high lead content.

Don't worry though, it is for the children.

Still no answer to my challenge?

Last edited:
All you've done is prove that some laws can go too far...and that some laws don't go far enough. I don't see a case being made that on the whole, the entire government needs less regulation.

I certainly don't believe that big business will police itself honestly. That's not efficient, profit-minded business.

No case has been made for deregulation in this area, only for better, more transparent regulation.

Forum List

Back