Boeing Reveals new pics of its 787 Dreamliner

archangel said:
as if you would be worth a fortune..I will base it on supply and demand...jobs are scarce no? And you are right about fly by wire...I also prefer the 'oldie' feel the wind approach...but hey that is another topic...no? And relax I have been working on this plan along time now...sure hope I don't hit the bricks before I see it come to a glorious end... :funnyface
Yer in over yer head..First, you gotta beef-up the main wing spar or it'll never take a moden Turbo-jet engine..It's a no starter Arch.

Mr. P said:
Yer in over yer head..First, you gotta beef-up the main wing spar or it'll never take a moden Turbo-jet engine..It's a no starter Arch.

I think outta the box...kinda sorta like Howard Hughes...they laughed at him about the "Spruce Goose" no? High tech approach can solve the spar prob! Or are you saying that Engineer's and mechanics cannot solve the prob...faith friend,faith along with schooling, can solve the prob! :clap1:

archangel said:
I think outta the box...kinda sorta like Howard Hughes...they laughed at him about the "Spruce Goose" no? High tech approach can solve the spar prob! Or are you saying that Engineer's and mechanics cannot solve the prob...faith friend,faith along with schooling, can solve the prob! :clap1:
Ya, ya, the Goose….got all of what 6-12 feet above the water, right? Then never flew again? (I don’t think) LOL

High tech has solved the problem Arch, its call “Jet aircraft”. :funnyface

Mr. P said:
Ya, ya, the Goose….got all of what 6-12 feet above the water, right? Then never flew again? (I don’t think) LOL

High tech has solved the problem Arch, its call “Jet aircraft”. :funnyface

It was more like 70'..and never flew again because progress as it relates to "Military" aircraft moved on...it was a political as well as military decision...end of WWII...so to say that a nostalgic Airline is bogus...is just being silly! I'm going for the fun and good quality service and realistic desire...even though some may say it is a losing propostion from the start! Now back to the drawing board...Mr.P...sometimes fun and realistic costs overway progress...NO? :poke:

archangel said:
It was more like 70'..and never flew again because progress as it relates to "Military" aircraft moved on...it was a political as well as military decision...end of WWII...so to say that a nostalgic Airline is bogus...is just being silly!

What does the Goose's flight have anything to do with a nostalgic airline?

archangel said:
It was more like 70'..and never flew again because progress as it relates to "Military" aircraft moved on...it was a political as well as military decision...end of WWII...so to say that a nostalgic Airline is bogus...is just being silly! I'm going for the fun and good quality service and realistic desire...even though some may say it is a losing propostion from the start! Now back to the drawing board...Mr.P...sometimes fun and realistic costs overway progress...NO? :poke:
Only if ya got $$$$$ to flush..Have fun.

dmp said:
What does the Goose's flight have anything to do with a nostalgic airline?

ask Mr.P...it's not a Air bus 300...then again ya said I was doomed to failure...so the "Goose" is just a Goose! :eek:

Mr. P said:
Only if ya got $$$$$ to flush..Have fun.

Thats just the point...I don't have the money to flush...thats why it is still a work in progress...kinda like your attachment to "Molly" she is no longer a puppy,but you still love her...thats my desire to reinstate the old past which was fair,just,profitable and well hell just plain fun! :tng:

Mr. P said:
And I sometimes wish I was 21 again...But not really.

Because the hair turns grey ya mean your mind follows suit? You give into PC and say the New Generation has ya beat? Unless ya have a disease of the mind your brain still functions as if you were still 21! :tng:

archangel said:
Because the hair turns grey ya mean your mind follows suit? You give into PC and say the New Generation has ya beat? Unless ya have a disease of the mind your brain still functions as if you were still 21! :tng:
Better than that, Arch. My mind is sharp enough to know I'm NOT 21, and I am wise enough to accept that. :tng:

Mr. P said:
Better than that, Arch. My mind is sharp enough to know I'm NOT 21, and I am wise enough to accept that. :tng:

When it comes to running the mile under 7minutes...but when it comes to business...better rethink that comment! ;)

What happened to your '7 minute abs' idea? Did someone finally come along with '6 minute' abs and blow you out of the water?

archangel said:
For years I have been working on financing for a New and Improved Airline...!
My idea is to purchase a fleet of Lockheed Constellations sitting in mothballs way out in the deserts...Re-fit them with Tubo Jet engines( to retain the prop look)...updated electonics...seating all as business class...meals and snacks free(included in ticket price..lol) Have two designations...smoking and non smoking flights...The flight attendants would be dressed in 'mini' poodle skirts with pony tails! The name designation of the Airline would be "Happy Daze" Music played would be "Oldies" only...Mark up would not exceed 33 1/3% over actual cost to run...Ceos would only receive a bonus if they performed well...No hit and run buy outs for failure...Employees would hold stock in the company and have a say in improvements and policy...so what do y'all think? Would you fly with "Happy Daze"? :banana:

Hey Arch,

Where are all those Connies you're talking about? I have seen the airliner park in between Phoenix and Tucson and another one at Kingman, Arizona's airpark.There are a couple in the Pima museum in Tucson across the street from the airplane graveyard at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base(great museum).Google maps has a great satellite shot of that area. It is hard to believe how many aircraft are sitting out there.

sitarro said:
Hey Arch,

Where are all those Connies you're talking about? I have seen the airliner park in between Phoenix and Tucson and another one at Kingman, Arizona's airpark.There are a couple in the Pima museum in Tucson across the street from the airplane graveyard at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base(great museum).Google maps has a great satellite shot of that area. It is hard to believe how many aircraft are sitting out there.

Arizona has some as does the graveyard at Mojave,California...and Van Nuys Airport,California has one...and a couple of others in California...I'ts just a dream in progress...I know I am a Dinosaur...but hey, the way the world is going what can a dinosaur do to hurt it?

misterblu said:
What happened to your '7 minute abs' idea? Did someone finally come along with '6 minute' abs and blow you out of the water?

I'm from the old school...I prefer American and Wisconsin sharp Cheddar!

and whats up with the abs...ya have the wrong guy on that one not my idea stated or otherwise!

archangel said:
Arizona has some as does the graveyard at Mojave,California...and Van Nuys Airport,California has one...and a couple of others in California...I'ts just a dream in progress...I know I am a Dinosaur...but hey, the way the world is going what can a dinosaur do to hurt it?

The Connie has always been one of my favorite planes, beautiful lines.

Forum List

Back