Boeing Reveals new pics of its 787 Dreamliner

Thats hilarious! Do you really think that is what the interior will look like? Maybe the lighting, but who will notice the lighting while they are trying to crawl across ten or twelve other passengers to get to the window seat.

Hey, how we (Boeing) present the thing and how the buyer uses it are two
different things. Remeber this, those cheap seats with no leg room are usually
put there by the airlines. More asses, more money.

Northwest Airlines is starting to charge $15.00 extra for aisle and bulkhead seats.

Most industry experts see airlines charging for soft drinks, and even charging for checked luggage by the end of summer.

If they roll this thing out..how much will a round trip ticket be?

GotZoom said:
Northwest Airlines is starting to charge $15.00 extra for aisle and bulkhead seats.

Most industry experts see airlines charging for soft drinks, and even charging for checked luggage by the end of summer.

I doubt any airline will keep this setup. Think of it as a car that you can buy
with no interior, then you contract someone else to add what you want.

GotZoom said:

anything to help pull their asses out of bankruptcy...while the CEO's still get paid millions/year and still get big fat raises and bonuses.

And...most mechanic work is going to be handled by cheaper labor. I have never flown Northwest, and because of their mechanic issues, I don't plan to. I don't want some guy who worked in lost baggage last month and doesn't speak english to be working on the plane I am on...

fuzzykitten99 said:
anything to help pull their asses out of bankruptcy...while the CEO's still get paid millions/year and still get big fat raises and bonuses.

And...most mechanic work is going to be handled by cheaper labor. I have never flown Northwest, and because of their mechanic issues, I don't plan to. I don't want some guy who worked in lost baggage last month and doesn't speak english to be working on the plane I am on...
Won't happen.

For years I have been working on financing for a New and Improved Airline...!
My idea is to purchase a fleet of Lockheed Constellations sitting in mothballs way out in the deserts...Re-fit them with Tubo Jet engines( to retain the prop look)...updated electonics...seating all as business class...meals and snacks free(included in ticket price..lol) Have two designations...smoking and non smoking flights...The flight attendants would be dressed in 'mini' poodle skirts with pony tails! The name designation of the Airline would be "Happy Daze" Music played would be "Oldies" only...Mark up would not exceed 33 1/3% over actual cost to run...Ceos would only receive a bonus if they performed well...No hit and run buy outs for failure...Employees would hold stock in the company and have a say in improvements and policy...so what do y'all think? Would you fly with "Happy Daze"? :banana:

dmp said:
Bankrupt within a year. If Hooters Air couldn't last, there's no way Happy Daze would.

but please don't crush my dream...I would rather risk BK than not to try at all...and "Hooters Air"...geez...I'm not selling 'bigga boobs'...just good quality service with a cute look!

archangel said:
For years I have been working on financing for a New and Improved Airline...!
My idea is to purchase a fleet of Lockheed Constellations sitting in mothballs way out in the deserts...Re-fit them with Tubo Jet engines( to retain the prop look)...updated electonics...seating all as business class...meals and snacks free(included in ticket price..lol) Have two designations...smoking and non smoking flights...The flight attendants would be dressed in 'mini' poodle skirts with pony tails! The name designation of the Airline would be "Happy Daze" Music played would be "Oldies" only...Mark up would not exceed 33 1/3% over actual cost to run...Ceos would only receive a bonus if they performed well...No hit and run buy outs for failure...Employees would hold stock in the company and have a say in improvements and policy...so what do y'all think? Would you fly with "Happy Daze"? :banana:
Nope, I won't fly with Hooters Air either, nither would many others. Guess that's why they are going outta business. :poke:

Mr. P said:
Nope, I won't fly with Hooters Air either, nither would many others. Guess that's why they are going outta business. :poke:

Guess I won't be offering you a position as a chopper pilot for the side adventure of reto-fit Hueys!...LOL :tng:

Mr. P said:
Tis okay arch, why would I want to fly an old Conni, after I've flown an A300-Airbus? :huh:

Nostalgia,stock options,fun,return to the glorious past,who knows we all are not into blind faith...but some are...Never mind the offer is withdrawn for lack of faith! :tng:

archangel said:
Nostalgia,stock options,fun,return to the glorious past,who knows we all are not into blind faith...but some are...Never mind the offer is withdrawn for lack of faith! :tng:
Faith? Ya wanna talk faith? Here's faith...the A300 is fly-by-wire.
That is, No control cables, it's ALL computer controled shit..that's Faith..I hate fly-by wire!

PS....you couldn't afford me anyway. :poke:

Mr. P said:
Faith? Ya wanna talk faith? Here's faith...the A300 is fly-by-wire.
That is, No control cables, it's ALL computer controled shit..that's Faith..I hate fly-by wire!

PS....you couldn't afford me anyway. :poke:

as if you would be worth a fortune..I will base it on supply and demand...jobs are scarce no? And you are right about fly by wire...I also prefer the 'oldie' feel the wind approach...but hey that is another topic...no? And relax I have been working on this plan along time now...sure hope I don't hit the bricks before I see it come to a glorious end... :funnyface

Forum List

Back