Boehner's Plan B fails

Too many on the Nutter right here simply will not acknowledge, nor admit, that the political landscape really did change in November. That really was a watershed election and the old strategies which led to failure will not resurrect victory from defeat, nor will it lay the groundwork for victory in 2014.

IF the Republican Party wants to remain a viable and effective voice for the desires of their base and for the good of the nation, they'd BETTER understand the facts and understand them quickly before they march themselves right off their OWN cliff of permanent irrelevance.

The party presented their ideas, their plans, their program, and The People rejected it...soundly. It wasn't a fraudulent election, it wasn't bought by outsiders, it wasn't the result of some sort of half-baked conspiracy, it was an electoral defeat based upon the issues. The American people knew EXACTLY what they were voting for and what they were voting against. To pretend otherwise, to keep their heads firmly planted in the sand of denial, is the quick route to the dust bin of history.

Now is not the time for the GOP to rally around the tattered and destroyed flag of their cause. It's the time to give ground, appear to be statesman concerned for the good of the country, get the best deal you can get and live to fight tomorrow. If the GOP doesn't do that, they risk becoming the 21st century version of the Confederacy's "Lost Cause" cult and nothing more.

It's also time for the real Conservatives and moderates to wrest control of the party back from the radical loonies who would take down the whole country in a Gotterdammerung exercise of pique and denial.

The next few weeks might very well determine the fate of the Grand Old Party and, judging by what we see here, it appears to be doomed and the rest of us right along with them.

Balls in the dems court/.,

and do what? bid against themselves?

the teatards have made it clear they want to shove the country off of the fiscal cliff in another massive temper tantrum.

they need to learn that compromise does NOT mean we do what they want.

it's awesome, though, 12% approval rating for boehner's house.

that ought to do wonders for the GOP brand in 2014. :thup:

The average american family will be taking a monthly hit of hundreds of dollars, the middle income bracket will see their taxes go up drastically. How many of those families can afford a hit like that? You will see impact in the economy, it won't be pretty. People are going to be upset that they've been misled about the Bush tax cuts being only for 'the rich'.

Oh horse shit. Congress will take up tax reduction for those under 250k. Retroactive to the first of the year.You rethugs gonna vote against a income tax reduction for 98% of Americans? I do hope so.

Scares you to death that that is what will happen. Cause you know that if the rethugs block that tax cut legislation, put a fork in the rethug party. You all are done.

So the Bush tax cuts weren't only for the rich? The dems lied when they repeated that over and over and over again? :lol:

Scared to death to address what I wrote aren't you. Cause you know that will happen. But what is with the bull shit about the tax cuts were for the rich and dems lied and........wtf are you talking about?

Never mind. You haven't a clue what you are talking about. My bad. You're just trying to deflect something.

Over the cliff we go. Everyone shares in the cuts and taxes. Tuck and roll when you hit bottom.

Too many on the Nutter right here simply will not acknowledge, nor admit, that the political landscape really did change in November. That really was a watershed election and the old strategies which led to failure will not resurrect victory from defeat, nor will it lay the groundwork for victory in 2014.

IF the Republican Party wants to remain a viable and effective voice for the desires of their base and for the good of the nation, they'd BETTER understand the facts and understand them quickly before they march themselves right off their OWN cliff of permanent irrelevance.

The party presented their ideas, their plans, their program, and The People rejected it...soundly. It wasn't a fraudulent election, it wasn't bought by outsiders, it wasn't the result of some sort of half-baked conspiracy, it was an electoral defeat based upon the issues. The American people knew EXACTLY what they were voting for and what they were voting against. To pretend otherwise, to keep their heads firmly planted in the sand of denial, is the quick route to the dust bin of history.

Now is not the time for the GOP to rally around the tattered and destroyed flag of their cause. It's the time to give ground, appear to be statesman concerned for the good of the country, get the best deal you can get and live to fight tomorrow. If the GOP doesn't do that, they risk becoming the 21st century version of the Confederacy's "Lost Cause" cult and nothing more.

It's also time for the real Conservatives and moderates to wrest control of the party back from the radical loonies who would take down the whole country in a Gotterdammerung exercise of pique and denial.

The next few weeks might very well determine the fate of the Grand Old Party and, judging by what we see here, it appears to be doomed and the rest of us right along with them.

Stop whining. we'll arrive at the 20 Trillion dollar debt that you so desperately want in a short time. Just hang on.

I hope you're right and the GOP does die, it will bring about a quicker ride to the bottom so that we can begin a real rebuilding of conservative principles in this country. Once there is no longer a scapegoat for the progressives to use for their failures, it will be a much more clear choice for those who still have any shread of common sense left. The sooner, the better.

your postion has been trashed by this failure of your party to work with each other.

Now in a couple of weeks you will have even LESS republicans in both houses.

you are chopping yours self into bits.

This is the stupidest republican party I have EVER seen in my life

Oh horse shit. Congress will take up tax reduction for those under 250k. Retroactive to the first of the year.You rethugs gonna vote against a income tax reduction for 98% of Americans? I do hope so.

Scares you to death that that is what will happen. Cause you know that if the rethugs block that tax cut legislation, put a fork in the rethug party. You all are done.

So the Bush tax cuts weren't only for the rich? The dems lied when they repeated that over and over and over again? :lol:

Scared to death to address what I wrote aren't you. Cause you know that will happen. But what is with the bull shit about the tax cuts were for the rich and dems lied and........wtf are you talking about?

Never mind. You haven't a clue what you are talking about. My bad. You're just trying to deflect something.

anyone with a brain knows what she's talking about, you are excused because of lack of grey matter.

Both parties agreed to the Budget control Act of 2011. it's not the republicans job to come up with a plan to save us from the cliff. If Washington is scared of the policy they enacted, they need to work together to find a way to avoid it. If not, they ALL eat the shit sandwich when everyone's taxes go up and finally an actual cut happens.

Maybe retarded voters wont re-elect the most hated congress in history again. Probably will though. Because people in this country of fucking stupid beyond any repair.

Last edited:
The fact is, it wouldn't have mattered at all if Plan B was passed. Jay Carney already said the fix was in and the senate wouldn't even consider it. Now Plan A is on the senate floor. It's up to Reid and obama. The republicans have done what they should have done long ago, walk away.

in a couple of weeks the republican party will be even weaker.

what will you idiots do then?

Obamanomics: When a double bottom recession hits due it an adminstration's inability to compromise.

Uh, okay.... I believe I did address what you wrote, I believe it is you who doesn't address what I write. And since you don't know what I'm talking about, that means you're too young or too stupid to have this conversation with. ;)

Forum List

Back