Boehner Spends Like a Drunken Republican Leader.. Wait...

Sarah G

When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left
Mar 4, 2009
NW Ohio
The Sleuth - Boehner Drops Big Bucks on Golf

Boehner Drops Big Bucks on Golf
Everyone knows House Minority Leader John Boehner loves to play golf. And now we know just how much.

Last month, the Ohio Republican's political action committee, Freedom Project, revealed it spent $10,657.46 on greens fees and food and beverages at the swanky Ritz Carlton of Naples, Fla., in April.

And now, his PAC's newly filed campaign report with the Federal Election Commission for May shows Boehner's PAC spent twice that much -- $20,816.65 -- on golf at the Ritz.

Which means Boehner spent a total of $31,474.11 on a golf fundraiser for friends, lobbyists and anyone else who wanted intimate tee time with the House's top Republican.

That's what we would call... a whole lot of golf.

Bet some of the people who really need healthcare are a little upset that he is spending more on golf than they make in a year..

They're simply insane. This is the leadership of the Repubs in the house. Wonder how much he spends on booze and tanning.

*sigh*

should he instead use PAC money to buy people health insuance rather than its purpose which is to garner political support?

Everyone knows House Minority Leader John Boehner loves to play golf. And now we know just how much.

Last month, the Ohio Republican's political action committee, Freedom Project, revealed it spent $10,657.46 on greens fees and food and beverages at the swanky Ritz Carlton of Naples, Fla., in April.

And now, his PAC's newly filed campaign report with the Federal Election Commission for May shows Boehner's PAC spent twice that much -- $20,816.65 -- on golf at the Ritz.

Which means Boehner spent a total of $31,474.11 on a golf fundraiser for friends, lobbyists and anyone else who wanted intimate tee time with the House's top Republican.

Bet some of the people who really need healthcare are a little upset that he is spending more on golf than they make in a year..

They're simply insane. This is the leadership of the Repubs in the house. Wonder how much he spends on booze and tanning.

Yawn.

Be sure and come back when you've got something that'll stick.

*sigh*

should he instead use PAC money to buy people health insuance rather than its purpose which is to garner political support?

It's his hypocrisy. Good grief, why is it the right never seems to understand what that means?

Yawn.

Be sure and come back when you've got something that'll stick.

Contrary to what newby's always presume, this message board isn't ruled by right wingers, although they do indeed try to monopolize it. Occasionally, an evil lefty gets to print a juicy truth about one of your own. Awwwww...........

Sorry but libs are no longer qualified to bleat about spending.... as if they ever were. :lol:

No, but we sure can bring utter hypocrisy to the table. Don't like that? Tough.

As for spending, dems have historically been called the "Tax-and-Spend" party. But Republicans are now known as the "Don't-Tax-But-Spend-Anyway" party. Thank you, Cons, for paving the way to our possible demise.

*sigh*

It's his hypocrisy. Good grief, why is it the right never seems to understand what that means?

how is playing golf hypocritical?

What's wrong with cheaper golf courses? Boehner is just a hypocrite, constantly ranting about government spending but apparently isn't interested in setting an example even for all those "new" conservative/libertarians who are disgusted by such extravagance in this economy. But hey, he's obviously one of those whose mental mantra is I got mine, so fuck you.

*sigh*

They'd rather spin it so it seems like Boner is doing humankind some good somehow.

Plenty of people spend that much money at country clubs all over the USA. This is not really a scandal. Come back when you catch him with $90,000 cash in his freezer, or something like that.

Plenty of people spend that much money at country clubs all over the USA. This is not really a scandal. Come back when you catch him with $90,000 cash in his freezer, or something like that.

No thanks, I'll stick around and call him a hypocrite some more so if it hurts you to hear it, maybe you should go start your own thread.

These are the same whiners who complained about Obama playing golf once a month.

These are the same whiners who complained about Obama playing golf once a month.

They pick apart every little thing he does on a daily basis. The objections in this thread to anyone daring to say anything about Boner and his expensive golfing habits are kind of funny.

So let me see if i understand you:

It's somehow hypocritical to spend money to play golf when its not government money when one advocates not spending the tax payers money?

You think instead that no one should spend money to play golf and that those people who are barely making any money in a year working at that golf course should be unemployed.

If you arent spending tax money, i dont care what you do. If you want to be a drunk, you want to play golf, fine. Thats the beauty of America. You are free. You can be thrifty. You can spend like a moron. You will have to face the consequences of your decisions. But acting like this is somehow some scandal is ridiculous.

Not surprising that you dont understand the problem people have with that.

1) People have a problem with your hypocrisy. The fact that you bitched and moaned when Bush played golf or took time off, yet Obama plays more golf in a year than Bush did in 8 and you think its no big deal. If you dont understand, the issue is Obama. The issue is your double standard.

2) People have a problem with him taking off to play golf when our troops in aghanistan have been waiting for months for reinforcements, and rather than making this important decision, he wants to keep putting it off. If he wants to play golf on his off time, no one will care. But until he has made a decision concerning our troops, they are in danger and he isnt off. Is it difficult to understand the difference between doing what you want on your leisure time and how you spend your time when you are supposed to be working?

No thanks, I'll stick around and call him a hypocrite some more so if it hurts you to hear it, maybe you should go start your own thread.

Knock yerself out!! It doesn't hurt me to hear it at all, especially when I pay about the same every year for my country club membership. Do you play golf??

I do. I use golf to close sales and bring business to my company. It works great too! The club I belong to is very exclusive and open only to members and their invited guests. The club hosts a Senior PGA tour event every year and is very exclusive. That "Exclusivity" is the attraction. Why would any bigshot that has money to donate want to play a cheap public course that they let anyone play on? They want to play a prestigious course, like the Ritz, like Pebble Beach, like Riviera CC, et. al., they don't want to play Municipal golf courses that are in lousy condition and overplayed.

PS- Golf is a great fund raising tool that works for charity too.

Forum List

Back