Boehner seems to not want Health Care Summit Televised

Looks like you have the only poll on the net about your criteria.
But, Do you think that these people who are in favor of it actually know the details of the bill? The ramifications of it?

I do believe that most want healthcare reform, but if they actually knew the details, I think it would not be near as high. just sayin...

So you got nothing.

Got it. :thup:

Looks like you have the only poll on the net about your criteria.
But, Do you think that these people who are in favor of it actually know the details of the bill? The ramifications of it?

I do believe that most want healthcare reform, but if they actually knew the details, I think it would not be near as high. just sayin...

So you got nothing.

Got it. :thup:

Please answer my questions, if you really want to be as honest as I was. Got it? :eusa_whistle:

Please answer my questions, if you really want to be as honest as I was. Got it? :eusa_whistle:

Again, you're trying to make this about the current bill. I'm discussing the idea of reform in general. What you're trying to do is deflect away from the actual topic.

What party has won 3 out of 4 elections so far? America is speaking at the POLLING BOOTH, and not the polls.

Again, you're deflecting and trying to say that Apples = Oranges. It doesn't fly that Meister.

Again, you're trying to make this about the current bill. I'm discussing the idea of reform in general. What you're trying to do is deflect away from the actual topic.

The republican would like to get a healthcare bill...I bipartisan one, and they have stated that they would be open for one....just scrap the current bill. Pelosi will not hear of it.
If your arguing that the repubs don't want a healthcare bill...your wrong.

The republican would like to get a healthcare bill...I bipartisan one, and they have stated that they would be open for one....just scrap the current bill. Pelosi will not hear of it.

No, the Republicans want their bill.

Name one that the GOP has compromised with the Dems on.

what does compromise mean? leave the public option in?

what does compromise mean? leave the public option in?

The public option is one of the major things about the Health Care Bill but it's not the only thing being debated.

WTF! They really didn't have an opportunity unless they signed on with everything that the dems wanted. When they weren't invited into the closed door meetings....wouldn't that give you a heads up, Dog? The dems figured that they could push it through on their own. Your being disengenuous, Dog

I missed it as I don't have TV.

I remember the comments it got here.

Bohener seems to be saying "If you want a conversation, lets converse. If you want to play games, go play with yourself."

Wait a minute. Bohener complains of a lack of transparency. He then gets the transparency that he was complaining about. Then he balks.

And you look at that and conclude this???

What the dems want now is a bill that will be open to UHS in 10-20 years down the road. This is what barry has wanted all along and has admitted to it. No the repubs aren't on board with that and probably why they don't want any part of the current bill.

Real good poll, dog. Couldn't you at least come up with a recognized poll? Having said that people do want reform, but they sure didn't want the crap that's on the table.
Having said that.....your first post about:
The majority of Americans believe that Republicans were not even trying to compromise with Obama. The majority of Americans know they are acting like partisan assholes who need to be reminded who they represent

I do believe that Americans have spoken in 3 out of 4 elections and it isn't boding well for your democrats. I think America IS reminding the democrats who the partisan assholes are. just sayin....

I never said anything about what's on the table. I said people think the GOP wasn't trying to make any sort of compromise, which is true.

Why should the GOP compromise on Tort reform--interstate competition--& allowing small business owners to group together to get lower rates.

This is something Barack Obama has known about all along--& it is he & the democrat party that were completely unwilling to compromise on those points. They said not no--but hell no. They wouldn't even let GOP members into their meetings on health care.

Now that Obama's health care has collapsed around his feet--Obama wants to make a political issue out of it--by looking down his nose at a the GOP meeting with camera's running. It wasn't a meeting to come together it was nothing more than a political opportunity for Obama.

BUT--if they are actually going to discuss the terms of a health INSURANCE reform bill--it should be broadcast on C-Span.

Boehner: How Dare Obama Televise The Health Care Debate After I Demanded He Televise The Health Care Debate! (VIDEO) | TPM LiveWire

After slamming the Obama administration for "secret deliberations" and going back on his campaign promise to televise the health care debate, House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-OH) criticized the President yesterday for televising the bipartisan health care summit on Feb. 25, asking "is this a political event or is this going to be a real conversation?"

Boehner had been a rather vocal supporter of C-SPAN's request to televise the earlier negotiations, writing to the network in January that "House Republicans strongly endorse your proposal and stand ready to work with you to make it a reality."

Well now, it seems, the idea of televising the health care summit has Boehner a bit squeamish.

Last night, Fox News' Greta Van Susteren asked him what he thinks about the fact that it's going to be televised, and added that "the American people are probably delighted that we're getting this televised."

Boehner responded: "I think that's fine, but you know, is this a political event or is this going to be a real conversation?"

Van Susteren didn't let that slide: "Well, except that we've been hammering them about the transparency. The president said, you know, he was going to put everything on C-SPAN, so we can't criticize him now for when he finally does put it on C-SPAN."

Boehner said "well, that's fine," but he doesn't "want to walk into some set-up."

Later on in the interview, he added: "I just want to know what I'm getting into before I get there."

After Obama was allowed to go against the GOP on television, Obama wants to do it more now and many are skittish about it. Wonder why. :eusa_think:

Thoughts USMB?

Ummm, they don't trust the guy that's been lying about them and demonizing them for over a year now ? .....:eusa_whistle:

I missed it as I don't have TV.

I remember the comments it got here.

Bohener seems to be saying "If you want a conversation, lets converse. If you want to play games, go play with yourself."

Wait a minute. Bohener complains of a lack of transparency. He then gets the transparency that he was complaining about. Then he balks.

And you look at that and conclude this???

That's not what he said--he stated--"if it's a real health care debate"--he wants it televised.
If it's nothing more than a democrat--Obama political ploy--& not debate--it doesn't need to be televised.

To be a real debate they should:

Give both sides equal time. Invite democrat & republican govenors who have some great ideas regarding health care, because a lot of these issues can be handeled much better by the states than the federal government.

BUT--this should have been done in the 1st place. Instead it was all done behind closed doors, with extortion & bribery made legal by the federal government.

February 25th, I will be watching.

Boehner: How Dare Obama Televise The Health Care Debate After I Demanded He Televise The Health Care Debate! (VIDEO) | TPM LiveWire

After slamming the Obama administration for "secret deliberations" and going back on his campaign promise to televise the health care debate, House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-OH) criticized the President yesterday for televising the bipartisan health care summit on Feb. 25, asking "is this a political event or is this going to be a real conversation?"

Boehner had been a rather vocal supporter of C-SPAN's request to televise the earlier negotiations, writing to the network in January that "House Republicans strongly endorse your proposal and stand ready to work with you to make it a reality."

Well now, it seems, the idea of televising the health care summit has Boehner a bit squeamish.

Last night, Fox News' Greta Van Susteren asked him what he thinks about the fact that it's going to be televised, and added that "the American people are probably delighted that we're getting this televised."

Boehner responded: "I think that's fine, but you know, is this a political event or is this going to be a real conversation?"

Van Susteren didn't let that slide: "Well, except that we've been hammering them about the transparency. The president said, you know, he was going to put everything on C-SPAN, so we can't criticize him now for when he finally does put it on C-SPAN."

Boehner said "well, that's fine," but he doesn't "want to walk into some set-up."

Later on in the interview, he added: "I just want to know what I'm getting into before I get there."

After Obama was allowed to go against the GOP on television, Obama wants to do it more now and many are skittish about it. Wonder why. :eusa_think:

Thoughts USMB?
He recognizes that Barry will try to use it to turn public opinion against the GoP as Barry is far better at speaking to cameras then he is.

We already saw what happened when Barry met with the GoP on TV, the left began spinning it that Barry 'won' and made them look bad. No matter how it goes we can expect more of the same.

If I were them, I'd tell Barry that I'd be happy to meet with Queen Nan on TV, and Harry reid, and when a bill is made Barry can come on tV to sign it.

Where did Boehner say he didn't want it televised? In fact, he said 'that's fine' when asked about it being on CSPAN.

Damn, libs will make shit up and gripe about it. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Thoughts USMB?
He recognizes that Barry will try to use it to turn public opinion against the GoP as Barry is far better at speaking to cameras then he is.

We already saw what happened when Barry met with the GoP on TV, the left began spinning it that Barry 'won' and made them look bad. No matter how it goes we can expect more of the same.

If I were them, I'd tell Barry that I'd be happy to meet with Queen Nan on TV, and Harry reid, and when a bill is made Barry can come on tV to sign it.

I agree with your points except for Dems spinning it that Obama won anything. The reaction to the meeting was positive for Obama but that doesn't mean the Rs weren't attempting to gain the public's favor themselves.

The Rs seemed to be pelting him with angry questions and as Obama pointed out, talking points while he stayed measured and cool.

Rs lost out on that meeting because they couldn't control their anger. They looked mean and unreasonable.

Forum List

Back