Boehner reacts to birther outburst

Two Thumbs

Platinum Member
Sep 27, 2010
Where ever I go, there I am.
First Read - Boehner reacts to birther outburst
Mark Murray

In his interview with John Boehner, NBC's Brian Williams got the new House speaker to react to today's outburst by a birther in the House gallery during the reading of the Constitution.

Williams: I'm curious as to how much responsibility you feel specifically because of something that happened this morning. During the reading of the Constitution, Congressman Frank Pallone of New Jersey, was reading a portion of the document, interrupted by someone who heckled from within the chamber. It was to express doubt over the president's American citizenship. Provided you believe the president is an American citizen, you've got 12 members co-sponsoring legislation that does about the same thing, it expresses doubt. Would you be willing to say, "This is a distraction, I've looked at it to my satisfaction. Let's move on"?

Boehner: The state of Hawaii has said that President Obama was born there. That's good enough for me.

:clap2:

YOU TELL'EM BOEHNER!

Time to whip out the little speaker and tell birthers to suckit and :anj_stfu:

Mark Murray

In his interview with John Boehner, NBC's Brian Williams got the new House speaker to react to today's outburst by a birther in the House gallery during the reading of the Constitution.

Williams: I'm curious as to how much responsibility you feel specifically because of something that happened this morning. During the reading of the Constitution, Congressman Frank Pallone of New Jersey, was reading a portion of the document, interrupted by someone who heckled from within the chamber. It was to express doubt over the president's American citizenship. Provided you believe the president is an American citizen, you've got 12 members co-sponsoring legislation that does about the same thing, it expresses doubt. Would you be willing to say, "This is a distraction, I've looked at it to my satisfaction. Let's move on"?

Boehner: The state of Hawaii has said that President Obama was born there. That's good enough for me.

YOU TELL'EM BOEHNER!

thats been my take on this issue for a long time

Man it's going to be fun to watch the birther section of Congress face off against Boehner on this. :popcorn:

Okay..score one for Boehner.

But this should never have been an issue with any member.

Hope that didn't hurt to say to much. :lol:

But yeah, keeping your pie hole shut, during this historic dog and pony show would have been the best idea never heard of.

I bit through my lip. A little blood..but heck..

And yeah..I agree. And I actually thought the dog and pony show was a good idea. May have introduced both sides of the aisle to something they've been long unacquainted with.

:lol:

Mark Murray

YOU TELL'EM BOEHNER!

I don't agree with the birthers, but I do defend their right to say it. I do wish congress would take the time to make being a president or congressmen a certain responsiblity for eligibility, and update that section of the constitution which is vague and outdated.

I would like to see an IQ test, a physical test, a clean criminal record without pardons, and some kind of a Constitutional test. Maybe a geography & current history of countries.

I might add, these are the people that are sending our kids to die in wars, they should know something, and maybe have at least a college degree.

Last edited:
Mark Murray

YOU TELL'EM BOEHNER!

I don't agree with the birthers, but I do defend their right to say it. I do wish congress would take the time to make being a president or congressmen a certain responsiblity for eligibility, and update that section of the constitution which is vague and outdated.

I would like to see an IQ test, a physical test, a clean criminal record without pardons, and some kind of a Constitutional test. Maybe a geography & current history of countries.

I might add, these are the people that are sending our kids to die in wars, they should know something, and maybe have at least a college degree.

So you want them arbitrarily brainwashed

Mark Murray

YOU TELL'EM BOEHNER!

Certainly.

We all have the right to be assholes, and everyone also has the right to call and asshole and asshole.

Good manners have nothing to do with rights.

Mark Murray

YOU TELL'EM BOEHNER!

So you want them arbitrarily brainwashed

I want them smarter than Mr. Potato.

8609558614800608.jpg

Last edited:
Did Brian Williams ask Nancy Pelosi why 23 Democrats voted against her for minority leader, the most since 1923?

No conservative should want Pelosi out or let it be known that some wanted her out.

that screeeching harpy did more for us than Palin ever could. All we need to do is put a mic in front of her around Oct 2012 and we take ALL of Congress and maybe the WH.

Forum List

Back