Boehner (R) repeats Republican lie inre: taxes

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
FactCheck.org : Boehner’s Big Stretch on Small Business
Boehner’s spokesman, Michael Steel, quickly admitted that the speaker was mistaken. When we emailed him asking for backup, he said: “He could have worded it better.” :eusa_liar:

Job Creators?

Since Boehner argued the tax would hurt those who create jobs, here are two pieces of additional perspective from the report:

Small-business owners in general are often lauded as job creators. But “millionaires” make up only a tiny fraction of the small-business owners. How tiny a fraction? According to the Treasury experts’ “broad” definition, 1.4 percent, and according to the narrow definition, 0.5 percent.
And contrary to the “job creator” image, being a small-business owner doesn’t mean you actually employ anyone. In fact, most don’t. According to the Treasury report, “We also find that slightly more than one-fifth of small businesses conform to our definition of an employer.”

:clap2:

I'm a small business owner. I have no employees. And I certainly am not a millionaire.

The Republicants know they can count on the fact that their voters won't fact-check any of their Randian :tinfoil: nonsense. :eusa_liar:

I'm a small business owner. I have no employees. And I certainly am not a millionaire.

Yeah...I know a guy like that. He calls it "self employed" but basically does automotive mechanics himself. He gives a discount if you pay him in cash, tosses the invoice, puts the cash in a big, antiquated Mosler safe and never pays a penny of taxes that he isn't forced to. A real American.

Last edited:
The average income for a small business owner was right around $100k last I looked.

No it's a liberal lie. Small business range from 1 employee to 500 employees. Over 60% of Americans are employed by small business. If you take all the small business together then it's a small amount of small business owner that are in the higher tax bracket. HOWEVER, if you take the majority of SUCCESSFUL small business owner. The ones that hirer the MAJORITY of high paying employees, they are CLEARLY in the higher tax bracket! So you raise tax on people making over $250K then you are raising taxes on the SUCCESSFUL small business owners!

The ones that don't employ anyone, aren't in the hirer tax bracket!

Boehner’s spokesman, Michael Steel, quickly admitted that the speaker was mistaken. When we emailed him asking for backup, he said: “He could have worded it better.” :eusa_liar:

Job Creators?

Since Boehner argued the tax would hurt those who create jobs, here are two pieces of additional perspective from the report:

Small-business owners in general are often lauded as job creators. But “millionaires” make up only a tiny fraction of the small-business owners. How tiny a fraction? According to the Treasury experts’ “broad” definition, 1.4 percent, and according to the narrow definition, 0.5 percent.
And contrary to the “job creator” image, being a small-business owner doesn’t mean you actually employ anyone. In fact, most don’t. According to the Treasury report, “We also find that slightly more than one-fifth of small businesses conform to our definition of an employer.”

No it's a liberal lie. Small business range from 1 employee to 500 employees. Over 60% of Americans are employed by small business. If you take all the small business together then it's a small amount of small business owner that are in the higher tax bracket. HOWEVER, if you take the majority of SUCCESSFUL small business owner. The ones that hirer the MAJORITY of high paying employees, they are CLEARLY in the higher tax bracket! So you raise tax on people making over $250K then you are raising taxes on the SUCCESSFUL small business owners!

The ones that don't employ anyone, aren't in the hirer tax bracket!

Job Creators?

Liberal lie...OK Herman.

Forum List

Back