Boehner Over A(n Oil) Barrel!!

April 26, 2011

"Congress should consider cutting multibillion-dollar subsidies to oil companies amid rising concern over skyrocketing gas prices, House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner said on Monday.

"It's certainly something we should be looking at," Boehner said in an ABC News interview. "We're in a time when the federal government's short on revenues. They ought to be paying their fair share."

"Everybody wants to go after the oil companies and frankly, they've got some part of this to blame," he said.

But Boehner said he also wanted to "see all the facts" first.

Boehner's remarks echoed concerns expressed this month by President Barack Obama, who asked Congress to repeal $3.6 billion in annual oil, natural gas and coal subsidies, a move that would total $46.2 billion over a decade and help pay for clean energy initiatives.

But Boehner's comments go against Republican orthodoxy because the party traditionally is very supportive of the oil and gas industry and rejects most policies that would raise the costs of domestic energy production."

Better saddle-UP, Teabaggers!!!!

COME TO THE AID OF YOUR CORPORATION!!!

minuteman1.jpg

yousuckd.jpg

A red-herring. Obama will give subsidies to Brazilian oil company Petrobras, but screw American companies at the same instant.

yes_we_can_not_so_much_mousepad-p1448848776448491477pdd_500.jpg
Cartoon-Stretched-Thin-ALG-600.jpg

Fake bikers and commies like Shaman must realize that their bikes and paved highways and the concealed weapons they carry didn't appear out of nowhere. Yet thier ideological blinders (or drugs) convince them that the corporations that made the stuff and paid their salaries and belefits and pensions are the enemy. How do you deal with people that stupid? Maybe they post from a rat-hole in the Libyan desert.

Indeed.........and let me tell you something. You have to travel a loooooooooooooooong ways to find a biker who is also a limpwrister. Only one explanation...........http://www.gay-biker.com/

Every Sunday morning by me, there is a huge car meet by the water.........250+ cars and about 50 bikers, mostly Harley guys.. NONE of the bikers support Obama. In fact, in my town on the north shore of LOng Island, we get zero rift-raff coming in, especially on weekends. These Harley guys ride in and trust me..........NOBODY like Shaman is showing up downtown and leaving with limbs in the condition he rode on in, and Im not kidding. No bottom feeders either..........they get the boot. Most know they arent welcome..........a great place to live.

Last edited:
The lefties gave & forced subsidies & tax breaks on the oil companies in the first place. :lol:

Last edited:
What "oil subsidies?" I've never heard of anything resembling a subsidy that the oil companies receive. In fact, the oil companies pay billions in extortion to the government every year.

Please provide at least one example of a so-called "subsidy."
I'm sure they don't compare with the federal-buck$ that go to Planned Parenthood, but....

U.S. Needs To Give $41 Billion/Year?

Use your head. It isn't just the right that allows this to go on. Republicans and Democrats are all the same behind closed doors. Smoking cigars, drinking scotch and lauging at us as we bicker at eachother as the money rolls in. If they wanted to fix these problems they would have by now. Also they all wear monocles too Im sure. Republicrats is all they are. No real change just a little here on once side then a little here on the other side. Throwing us all a few bones from time to time. But nothing really changes. Hmmmmm wonder why not?

Obama has already laid down the gauntlet and is obviously ready to get this done. Will Boehner and the GOP allow him?

Considering the fact that this is just another tax increase, I hope they don't.

Boehner is an idiot. The TEA Party is the only reason he became speaker. When the breakup comes, he'll be the one sitting on the curb, not the TEA Party.
Pooooooooooooor 'Bagger-babies.

346.gif

Did the big, bad rich-kid fuck you....and, split....back for.....

(You're still not used-to-that? :eusa_eh: )

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQD3At3E7TA]YouTube - BREAKING UP IS HARD TO DO - NEIL SEDAKA[/ame]

images

Last edited:
I thought we already concluded that it was going to be The Donald?

I thought we already concluded that it was going to be The Donald?
I'm thinkin' the GOP would prefer to run someone like Bachmann or Palin....and, END their career in politics.

Maybe the GOP is thinkin' (more) about combinations they'd like to sacrifice, in 2012.​

Forum List

Back