Boehner Offers Pelosi Plan To Obama And It Is Rejected As A Ploy

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
enhanced-buzz-18391-1355845968-11.jpg

It's clear now that Obama has no intention of coming to a deal on the fiscal cliff.

House Speaker Boehner offered them Nancy Pelosi's plan to tax millionaires and above and the White House within minutes rejected it.

Best thing we can do now is pass a bill extending the tax-cuts to everyone and leave town.

Links

White House rejects Boehner

Pelosi Backed Boehner's Tax Cut Proposal

Obama basically blew his argument that he wanted to raise taxes on the rich. It's not enough according to the White House.

Boehner discussed with the Republican conference the possibility of letting tax rates go up for millionaires in order to avoid going over the fiscal cliff, which would raise taxes on all Americans. “I believe it’s important to protect as many American tax payers as we can,” Boehner said today.

Obama rejected the plan. “[Obama] is not willing to accept a deal that doesn’t ask enough of the very wealthiest in taxes and instead shifts the burden to the middle class and seniors,” White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said in a statement today. “The Speaker’s ‘Plan B’ approach doesn’t meet this test because it can’t pass the Senate and therefore will not protect middle class families, and does little to address our fiscal challenges with zero spending cuts.”

That statement might come as a surprise to Pelosi. “In our caucus, there is a school of thought that says let’s get rid of all the tax cuts,” Pelosi told The Charlie Rose Show earlier this year, per Buzzfeed. “I say, let’s begin by getting rid of tax cuts for people making more than a million dollars a year. I’m not even saying $250,000. The president’s saying $250,000. A million and above. Who can argue with that?”

Obama himself had previously said that perhaps the cutoff should be one million.

Of course he also said in 2008 that NO ONE'S tax rates should be raised during a recession.

Boehner needs to dig in and not go lower than one million.

I had a big problem with the over $250K rate.
A million and over I think that would be acceptable
providing we get spending cuts at the same time and not
down the road sometime.

Obama basically blew his argument that he wanted to raise taxes on the rich. It's not enough according to the White House.

Boehner discussed with the Republican conference the possibility of letting tax rates go up for millionaires in order to avoid going over the fiscal cliff, which would raise taxes on all Americans. “I believe it’s important to protect as many American tax payers as we can,” Boehner said today.

Obama rejected the plan. “[Obama] is not willing to accept a deal that doesn’t ask enough of the very wealthiest in taxes and instead shifts the burden to the middle class and seniors,” White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said in a statement today. “The Speaker’s ‘Plan B’ approach doesn’t meet this test because it can’t pass the Senate and therefore will not protect middle class families, and does little to address our fiscal challenges with zero spending cuts.”

That statement might come as a surprise to Pelosi. “In our caucus, there is a school of thought that says let’s get rid of all the tax cuts,” Pelosi told The Charlie Rose Show earlier this year, per Buzzfeed. “I say, let’s begin by getting rid of tax cuts for people making more than a million dollars a year. I’m not even saying $250,000. The president’s saying $250,000. A million and above. Who can argue with that?”

Here is another quote that makes these Democrats look nuts.

Senate majority leader Harry Reid is rejecting House speaker John Boehner's plan to extend income tax rates for Americans earning less than $1 million. "Speaker Boehner’s ‘plan B’ is the farthest thing from a balanced approach. It will not protect middle class families because it cannot pass both Houses of Congress," Reid says in a statement.

In rejecting Boehner's offer, Reid is shooting down a plan once backed by two of the most liberal Democratic leaders in Congress, New York senator Chuck Schumer and House minority leader Nancy Pelosi.

"It would be much better to raise the limit to a million dollars," Schumer said on CBS's Face the Nation in 2010. "We have a big deficit problem. We have a big jobs problem. And I think that’s a good compromise."

In May of this year, Pelosi wrote a letter to Boehner endorsing the plan of extending tax rates for those earning less than $1 million. "Democrats believe that tax cuts for those earning over a million dollars a year should expire and that we should use the resulting revenues to pay down the deficit," Pelosi wrote

Obama himself had previously said that perhaps the cutoff should be one million.

Of course he also said in 2008 that NO ONE'S tax rates should be raised during a recession.

The point is according to the white house $1 million dollars and above was never a serious offer by Democrats. They want to tax everyone $250k and above.

So basically the millionaire and billionaire BS was just that.

Fact is they want to raise everyone's taxes now that they feel they will accept it willingly. Taxing the rich was just a ploy.

The point is according to the white house $1 million dollars and above was never a serious offer by Democrats. They want to tax everyone $250k and above.

So basically the millionaire and billionaire BS was just that.

Fact is they want to raise everyone's taxes now that they feel they will accept it willingly. Taxing the rich was just a ploy.
So true!

Here is another quote that makes these Democrats look nuts.

Senate majority leader Harry Reid is rejecting House speaker John Boehner's plan to extend income tax rates for Americans earning less than $1 million. "Speaker Boehner’s ‘plan B’ is the farthest thing from a balanced approach. It will not protect middle class families because it cannot pass both Houses of Congress," Reid says in a statement.

In rejecting Boehner's offer, Reid is shooting down a plan once backed by two of the most liberal Democratic leaders in Congress, New York senator Chuck Schumer and House minority leader Nancy Pelosi.

"It would be much better to raise the limit to a million dollars," Schumer said on CBS's Face the Nation in 2010. "We have a big deficit problem. We have a big jobs problem. And I think that’s a good compromise."

In May of this year, Pelosi wrote a letter to Boehner endorsing the plan of extending tax rates for those earning less than $1 million. "Democrats believe that tax cuts for those earning over a million dollars a year should expire and that we should use the resulting revenues to pay down the deficit," Pelosi wrote
Ah, the shifting sands in the political desert of the never-satisfied left. :rolleyes:

He dont care about us. It is quit obvious. Wait.. I thought he was for everyone? Naaaaaaaa looks like just his commie policies. He wants us to be fucked, have no choice but to praise him for 4 more years, then shoot for that 3rd term :) lol

Today Obama dropped the "Republicans want to protect millionaires and billionaires" and replaced it with "those making $900k."

So they now must drop the millionaires and billionaires mantra.....but will anyone even notice???

Forum List

Back