Boehner: 'Obamacare is the law of the land'

Like the two-faced jackass would have ever seriously fought it. They're all on the same side, people. And it ain't ours.

I hope Reid goes ahead with his filibuster rules change in the Senate.

It will save us some of the embarrassment when we change it to simple majority to repeal Obamacare at our first opportunity!

If you can't beat em, join em. :clap2:

Boehner: 'Obamacare is the law of the land' - NBC Politics

Updated 6 p.m. ET - Republicans' efforts to undo President Barack Obama's health care reform law appear to have come to an end, as House Speaker John Boehner described it Thursday as the "law of the land."

You should try the whole quote unless you want to be seen as a dishonest partisan hack... oh.. too late for that huh?

"@SpeakerBoehnerObamaCare is law of the land, but it is raising costs & threatening jobs. Our goal has been, and will remain, #fullrepeal."

He's already backed off from that statement.

I'll never understand why the Republicans didn't simply embrace the plan - it is, after all policy-by-policy the same plans pushed by the conservative Heritage Foundation for years, and adapted, not to mention implemented, by Mitt Romney in Massachusetts.

When the Democrats still were pushing for universal health care, this was the Republican alternative. It would have probably been best to actually co-opt the plan and take credit for it (ie, depriving Obama of the credit); their aforementioned presidential candidate would have been able to run on his most significant achievement as an executive.

But it appears this is impossible in the face of the rabid opposition of the far right of the Republican Party, which is convinced that it must oppose everything and anything that Obama does - even when he does things they agree with! This created many awkward moments for Mitt Romney during the general election, which taking stock of economic conditions should have been a Republican landslide.

but where is the money coming from?

All will be required to have health care.
It will be a "tax"
Those that pay no taxes will still be required to have it but will not need to pay the tax.
Where will the money come from?

If you have health insurance your employer co-pay will be taxed.

more taxes on those that work going to those that do not.

Oh they will pluck the money of the magic money tree they have in back of the whitehouse..

Here's the NEW Government monster that is going to be running your health care

look up in that one red triangle at the top left..........THE IRS

healthcaremap-1.jpg

ENJOY

Last edited:
Yup Anyone who thinks Obamacare is going to be cheaper and better is deluded.

The Govt will have its big fat hand in your HC.

The Govt that has never run anything cheaply or well.

But it appears this is impossible in the face of the rabid opposition of the far right of the Republican Party, which is convinced that it must oppose everything and anything that Obama does - even when he does things they agree with! This created many awkward moments for Mitt Romney during the general election, which taking stock of economic conditions should have been a Republican landslide.

I don't think it's as simple as that. The Republicans are hypocritical, to be sure, but the reason for changing their rhetoric regarding the mandate is because it turns out voters don't like being sold out to the insurance industry. The party's position is purely political, and I doubt more than a handful of them have any real, principled opposition to the mandate, but that doesn't mean the voters views aren't legitimate.

I don't think we can count on either of the major parties to get us out of this one. It's going to take a serious grassroots movement and I'm not sure our population has that much 'fighting spirit' left. We'll see.

Last edited:
Yup Anyone who thinks Obamacare is going to be cheaper and better is deluded.

The Govt will have its big fat hand in your HC.

The Govt that has never run anything cheaply or well.

can you explain what it is you think the government will be doing?

do you think they will be examining people and prescribing medication?

can you explain what it is you think the government will be doing?

do you think they will be examining people and prescribing medication?

The government's just the muscle in this scheme. They make sure we fall in line and buy insurance as we're told.

I hope Reid goes ahead with his filibuster rules change in the Senate.

It will save us some of the embarrassment when we change it to simple majority to repeal Obamacare at our first opportunity!

No,, we should absolutely keep obamacare, it will help get us to the bottom quicker. A quick death is much more preferable than a slow one. don'tchyathink?

New Topics

Forum List

Back