Boehner making even less sense

Isn't passing a very unpopular law with no bi-partisan support kind of "anti-Democracy"?
It's not as unpopular as you pretend. We elect leaders to pass laws. The majority approved this law. The repeated attempts at repeal, the lawsuits by the sore losers, etc., just serve to highlight how anti-Democracy the Republicans have become.

Let's see. We actually are a constitutional republic, so Congress votes on things from time to time.

And, those who support this current O-care should be happy we aren't a direct democracy as the majority of the popular vote doesn't support the current O-care.

sigh, yes I know all that Queasy. It just sounds better to say anti-Democracy instead of anti-constitutional republic. And the republic is a form of democracy.

He's pretty anti-Democracy.

Isn't passing a very unpopular law with no bi-partisan support kind of "anti-Democracy"?
It's not as unpopular as you pretend. We elect leaders to pass laws. The majority approved this law. The repeated attempts at repeal, the lawsuits by the sore losers, etc., just serve to highlight how anti-Democracy the Republicans have become.
Maybe you're right and the GOP should set aside Republican fundamentals temporarily and put the current O-care up for a national referendum vote.

:thup:

(Of course, I would be against that, too, even though it would kill this abomination.)

Let's see. We actually are a constitutional republic, so Congress votes on things from time to time.

And, those who support this current O-care should be happy we aren't a direct democracy as the majority of the popular vote doesn't support the current O-care.

sigh, yes I know all that Queasy. It just sounds better to say anti-Democracy instead of anti-constitutional republic. And the republic is a form of democracy.
I get all hot and bothered when you say Queasy. In a good way, too. :lol:

Yeah, sound bytes are rarely based in accuracy. I know.

they are finnally realising they are not the highest power in the country
Which branch is THE highest power, TM?

:eusa_whistle:

That is a very good question. It seems the Supreme Court is the highest power. The president cannot overturn a SC decision nor can the Congress though together with the assent of three-quarters of the states they can (in a sense) overrule a SC decision by amending the Constitution - not a task as 'easy' as five justices concurring in an opinion.

Repealing the law if Republican's gain the majority in 2012 would be anti democratic?

Today's ruling underscores the urgency of repealing this harmful law in its entirety," Boehner said in a statement just minutes after the court released its ruling. Boehner's Republican-led House will likely vote to repeal the measure, but Obama's fellow Democrats in the Senate are certain to block it.

Speaker Boehner renews vow to try to repeal Obama health law - Terra USA
What is he saying that doesn't make sense to you? I'll be happy to clarify.

All they've been doing for the last 2 years is "clarifying" (ceremonial votes :zzz: ) :eusa_eh: :clap2:

Yeah it's not like democrats flee states for a month to avoid holding a vote and then clamor for a recall election. They should definitely be the standard for how to govern. HAHA:clap2:

The only problem I see is when Republican Leaders start babbling like Jake Starkey. That will only strengthen the ranks of the Tea Party. Time will come when we get exact change back, rather than getting it ripped off. Looking forward to that day.

I'm pretty sure he's referring to the elections in November. It just became a huge campaign issue, like in 2010.

nah, the cons are voting for repeal again on July 9.

Wonder where the committment to jobs went?
Burned, with the rest of the economy while Obama and the Democrats fiddled this for a year.

Now, it's back to square one - Congress - to levy taxes.

Meanwhile, the economy is still burning.

The reason that ObamaCare should be repealed is not that it is unconstitutional...it's that it's a terribly written piece of legislation that will NOT lower health care costs in this country, WILL bankrupt us and a majority of the country didn't want it in the first place and haven't changed their minds since Barry, Harry and Nancy rammed it down our throats. The latest CBO estimates have almost DOUBLED the cost of ObamaCare for the next ten years something this Administration knew while they lied straight faced to us about what the costs would be.

The reason that ObamaCare should be repealed is not that it is unconstitutional...it's that it's a terribly written piece of legislation that will NOT lower health care costs in this country, WILL bankrupt us and a majority of the country didn't want it in the first place and haven't changed their minds since Barry, Harry and Nancy rammed it down our throats. The latest CBO estimates have almost DOUBLED the cost of ObamaCare for the next ten years something this Administration knew while they lied straight faced to us about what the costs would be.
And, it has to go back to Boehner's House.

Should be interesting.

Today's ruling underscores the urgency of repealing this harmful law in its entirety," Boehner said in a statement just minutes after the court released its ruling. Boehner's Republican-led House will likely vote to repeal the measure, but Obama's fellow Democrats in the Senate are certain to block it.

Speaker Boehner renews vow to try to repeal Obama health law - Terra USA

Wait until after the elections, Boehner. Then you'll have a GOP Prez and GOP Congress.

Forum List

Back