Boehner just asked Obama to move his speech by one day

the republicans know no one will watch them and will instead watch the president.

They have NEVER shown him ANY respect WHY IN THE HELL should he do ANYTHING for them.

You have to SHOW respect to EARN RESPECT. and the Obama has shown NONE to anyone, not even US citizens.

And with his approvals down in the 30's, I doubt many will WATCH more of his dumb VISIONS he has for our country...:lol:

Yea, that Obama, showing no respect. Like when he said he hoped Republicans fail. Oh wait, did I get that backwards?
No Screwed up...WHOM does he continue to blame for his own failings?

Boehner said that since the House wouldn't reconvene until 6:30 on Wednesday, and because it takes hours to complete the security sweep necessary for a presidential address, "it is my recommendation that your address be held on the following evening, when we can ensure there will be no parliamentary or logistical impediments that might detract from your remarks."

Heck almost 3 years for a job plan whats another day

I imagine the President will graciously accede to the Speaker's request.

you have to show respect to earn respect. And the obama has shown none to anyone, not even us citizens.

And with his approvals down in the 30's, i doubt many will watch more of his dumb visions he has for our country...:lol:

yea, that obama, showing no respect. Like when he said he hoped republicans fail. Oh wait, did i get that backwards?
no screwed up...whom does he continue to blame for his own failings?

boooooooooooooooooossh!

Not surprised. Obama picked a bad date. Someone probably ought to call him on it.

Now, if Obama had any real leadership ability, he'd find a way to get the date he wanted or make the GOP pay a pretty hefty cost for saying no. But smart money says he'll fold, just like he has on nearly every showdown with the GOP so far.

Yeah, I'm hoping that someone reasonable runs against him.

There is no way for the President to make the GOP pay here. Any request for a joint session has to be approved by the Speaker. It's his ball game.
Boehner said no, although, I feel he should have bitch slapped the impertinent boy king, rather than sighting logistical problems.
If the President makes an issue out of it, the story gets legs and the fact that obama purposefully chose a time designed to preempt the opposition party's debate gets wider coverage. Even his base would agree that his request was petty and partisan.

You folks from the Hard Right are going to have some hard learning lessons next fall right along with the Hard Left as the fed up center and moderates drop the extremists from both sides of the spectrum.

Boehner said that since the House wouldn't reconvene until 6:30 on Wednesday, and because it takes hours to complete the security sweep necessary for a presidential address, "it is my recommendation that your address be held on the following evening, when we can ensure there will be no parliamentary or logistical impediments that might detract from your remarks."

And work on a plan of reprisal behind the scenes. That's how Statists as Obama work.

Why in the hell would the republican party expect anything but distain from Obama.

They have done everything they could to keep him from using the power the American people vested in him.

That includes NOT solving the problems they promised the voters they would work on.

Party over country so to hell with you all,

Speech over debate.

get used to it.

Last edited:

Is in snowing in the rain forests somewhere?

Why in the hell would the republican party expect anything but distain from Obama.

They have done everything they could to keep him from using the poser the American people vested in him.

That includes NOT solving the problems they promised the voters they would work on.

Speech over debate.

get used to it.

:rofl:

They have done everything they could to keep him from using the poser the American people vested in him.

Speech over debate.

get used to it.

Check your statement there TDM. Ever occur to you Obama has utter distain for the Republic and it's people and system of governance?

But he would be right on script, wouldn't he?

Is in snowing in the rain forests somewhere?

Not if Al Gore has anything to say about it ;)

They have done everything they could to keep him from using the power the American people vested in him.

Speech over debate.

get used to it.

MSNBC and NBC already said debate over speech...

Sorry, was booked way in advance...

Come back the next day, Barry...

Your utter distain for Obama is begining to pay off.

he is returning the favor.

You gave him no other course of action because your party stabs him every time he reaches out his hand to you.

Speech over debate.

get used to it.

MSNBC and NBC already said debate over speech...

Sorry, was booked way in advance...

Come back the next day, Barry...

they signed contracts.

They are corporations.

Speech over debate.

get used to it.

Awwww, ain't it hell NOT being able to be A DICTATOR.
And WE THE PEOPLE don't WANT ANYMORE OF what the Obama and his Comrades in Arms are selling. He has run us into THE POOR house with his STUPID VISIONS. What don't you get with 36% approval rating.
call your Representatives folks and tell them to DENY this loser, ANY MORE OF OUR MONEY..

Your utter distain for Obama is begining to pay off.

he is returning the favor.

You gave him no other course of action because your party stabs him every time he reaches out his hand to you.

the only time your anointed one reaches out his hand is to take something from us.
Right into my empty wallet.

Forum List

Back