Boehner: Job Creators are essentially on strike.

I cant take the chance. If Obama is elected to a second term, I fear new regulations, new taxes, cap and trade...all things that will make it impossible to forecast when business planning...

These kinds of arguments are nonsense. Companies do not make business decisions based on the results of elections. They expand their workforce based on business need, and they contract their workforce based on business need. Nothing more, nothing less. Any business who does not do it that way will fail for being run by idiots.

Ayn Rand made sense during the postwar years when capital was over-taxed and over-regulated.

Rand never made sense. Period. She was a crack-pot whose philosophies were in a state of constant contradiction. She fancied herself a philosopher, but in truth that would be like someone claiming they were on the level of Da Vinci and Van Gogh just because for their accomplishments in paint-by-number watercolors.

Randians love Atlas Shrugged and to hold it up in an alarmist "OMGWHATIFTHISHAPPENS" way. It's a fantasy. A work of fiction. A fictional world, where fictional characters do fictional things. But here's the truth: THERE IS NO JOHN GALT. THERE IS NO GRAND CONSPIRACY TO MANIPULATE THE ECONOMY AND ORCHESTRATE THE COLLAPSE OF SOCIETY. AND EVEN IF THERE WAS, THE LAST THING WE SHOULD BE DOING IS GIVING INTO THE DEMANDS OF SUCH A TERRORIST!

In an economy that is 70% consumption, the middle/working classes are the job creators.

If you mention "demand" on this board, the right screams you know nothing about economics.

Companies say they aren't hiring because there is no demand. Republicans hear, "Companies aren't hiring because of uncertainty".

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone really blame them? We have a President who is torn between his 'Evil Business' nutter supporters on the Left and trying to create jobs for Americans. You can't have it both ways like that though. And Businesses are obviously nervous about adding employees. It's a rough situation. He can't possibly distance himself from his 'Evil Business' base. They are a huge reason why he's in the White House. We'll need a new President for anything to really change. I guess we'll see if that happens in 2012.

Last edited:
Can anyone really blame them? We have a President who is torn between his 'Evil Business' nutter supporters on the Left and trying to create jobs for Americans. You can't have it both ways like that though. And Businesses are obviously nervous about adding employees. It's a rough situation. He can't possibly distance himself from his 'Evil Business' base. They are a huge reason why he's in the White House. We'll need a new President for anything to really change. I guess we'll see if that happens in 2012.

Yea because companies are worried about the president.

See? Companies say they don't hire because there isn't demand. Republicans hear, "Companies won't hire because the president is 'torn'".

They refuse to hear the truth.

I agree. If we vote for the same guy again we will get more of the same that we have all had enough of, the last 3 years showed he is no different.

Forum List

Back