Boehner: I "should be" considered a member of the Tea Party

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
So, is he or isn't he?

Boehner: 'I should be' considered a member of the Tea Party

House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) said Tuesday that he "should be" considered a member of the Tea Party movement.

Boehner, speaking on a Cincinnati radio affiliate, said he is a "big believer" in what the Tea Party stands for, and is in touch often with leaders of the grassroots, conservative movement.

"I should be," Boehner said on WLW radio when asked if he were a member of the Tea Party.

"I don't know if I actually pay dues, but I'm a big believer in the Tea Party," he added. "I talk to Tea Party activists all over my district and all over the country every day."

The top House Republican isn't a member of the official House Tea Party Caucus founded last year by Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.). His office said at the time that, as a personal policy, the Ohio Republican doesn't join any other caucuses other than the GOP Conference.

Boehner: I "should be" considered a member of the Tea Party
He's definitely got the LYING-qualification covered:​

February 15, 2011

"If House Republicans succeed in cutting tens of billions of dollars in discretionary spending over the next six months, some of the most immediate victims will be federal employees, many of whose jobs will be slashed as their agencies pare back.

At a press conference in the lobby of RNC headquarters Tuesday morning, House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) shrugged this off as collateral damage.

"In the last two years, under President Obama, the federal government has added 200,000 new federal jobs," Boehner said. "If some of those jobs are lost so be it. We're broke."

Update: Ed O'Keefe of the Washington Post reported last September that there were only 20,000 more federal employees under Obama in 2010 than under George W. Bush in 2002 -- and that, on a per capita basis (federal employees per 1,000 Americans), it's at the lowest level at least since 1962."

(I guess he could also have been drunk, at the time.)​

Last edited:
All politicians say whatever it is that they think people want to hear. If being queer would get him some votes, he'd proclaim that he was queer.

John Boehner may not be the best choice for Speaker of the House, but just remember this: we could have Nancy Pelosi. :ack-1:
Gee....whatta logical-argument.

Don't you have some homework to do?

106.gif

Forum List

Back