Boehner:"I Don’t Need To See GDP Numbers Or Listen To Economists"

4% seems like a paltry amount that would make little difference one way or the other in its effect on the deficite and the economy.

Frankly, a 4% rise sounds more like smoke-and-mirrors to appease the poor and ignorant; e.g. rdean, et al.

Government spending has gone up 33% in 3 years. That's the problem, not undertaxing the rich by 4%.

Yes, thats my point: A 4% change in the tax rate for "the rich" would only have the effect of adding a talking point during an election.

Groceries run on 3% margins. A 4% difference puts them out of business.

No dem can possibly keep a straight face and claim to be concerned about the deficit, Mod. Please.

And "tax cuts for the wealthy?" Could you find, like, a more imbalanced source than Think Progress?
How 'bout.......

FAUX Noise??!!!!!

:clap2:

508.gif
531.gif
490.gif

Because if the tax cuts expire then the Federal government will take in less revenues in the long run. Raising taxes in a recession is an incredibly stupid thing to do.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....so, if we return to the Clinton tax-rates....that income (from taxes) magically disappears, huh?? :eusa_eh:

Boehner wants to extend the Bush Tax Cuts. If he cared so much about the deficit, why does he want to extend the tax cuts?

Because if the tax cuts expire then the Federal government will take in less revenues in the long run. Raising taxes in a recession is an incredibly stupid thing to do. Just ask Herbert Hoover.

tax the rich and they spend less....that doesn't help the economy, the more people spend, the more others make, thus revenues increase for the feds
Yeah....those 1%ers reeeeeaaaaallllly have the economy sizzling, presently....you know....because of the present tax-rate.
282.png

Government spending has gone up 33% in 3 years. That's the problem, not undertaxing the rich by 4%.

Yes, thats my point: A 4% change in the tax rate for "the rich" would only have the effect of adding a talking point during an election.

You know those people who knock on your door wanting to sell The Denver Post, Organic Milk, or Yard Care Services? I love them. I keep them for 30 minutes (if they're really hawt chicks) and lecture them about the taxes I pay to the Town, County, State, and Federal Authorities, PLUS the sales taxes and fees, before I let them know that, "Sorry, I've been Bled DRY."

you're boring....anytime someone responds in a way you don't agree with, its partisan hackery...i read the written links and it wasn't a pot shot

stop being such a sniveling baby, if you don't want peopel to respond to your posts and opinions, then don't post

You didn't bother to watch the video. All you did was post your little spiel while trying to take your pot shot at me. I get it Yurt, you're still upset over previous incidents, but get over it dude. Trust me, I'm not hurt that you decided to turn your obsessions to Ravi for a bit.

you're a liar modbert...and sniveling whiny brat...like i said, i saw enough to make a valid retort to your idiocy...you failed at trying to get a gotcha yet again on a republican....
You mean how you 'Baggers UNFAILINGLY support LAZY-ALCOHOLICS???????

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2RloNSp8tc]YouTube - GOP House Leader A Lazy Drunk?[/ame]

george%20bush%20looking%20stupid.jpg

Last edited:

You know those people who knock on your door wanting to sell The Denver Post, Organic Milk, or Yard Care Services? I love them. I keep them for 30 minutes (if they're really hawt chicks) and lecture them about the taxes I pay to the Town, County, State, and Federal Authorities, PLUS the sales taxes and fees, before I let them know that, "Sorry, I've been Bled DRY."

I don't answer the door when someone is soliciting. I had a Census worker shout, "I can see you and I have government authority to talk to you."

"I sent my form in. Come back with a warrant."

Idiot.

it really cracks me up the level of immaturity displayed by modbert...if you make a post to his threads, you're obsessed with him :lol:

poor insecure modbert
You surely-do have a problem, sticking with the subject-at-hand.

No Family - Modbert

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Tx5xGq150o]YouTube - Bush vs. Clinton Record: Do Tax Cuts Work?[/ame]​

it really cracks me up the level of immaturity displayed by modbert...if you make a post to his threads, you're obsessed with him :lol:

poor insecure modbert

Yurt, you need to move on dude. You continue to attack me because of prior events, it's sad really. You need to grow up and let it go dude.

if you can't handle having your opinions challenged, it is YOU who needs to move on and stop posting....YOU are the only person who constantly brings up these past events....not me, YOU
Yeah.....nobody'll ever accuse you 'Baggers of learning from the past.

:rolleyes:

I don't answer the door when someone is soliciting. I had a Census worker shout, "I can see you and I have government authority to talk to you."

Idiot.

You're no fun: I see solicitors as rdean-in-the-flesh......rubes, just waiting for me to make them cry with logic and reason.

Idiot.

You're no fun: I see solicitors as rdean-in-the-flesh......rubes, just waiting for me to make them cry with logic and reason.

Good point. But remember that whenever you sling mud with a pig you only prove that the pig enjoys it.

Idiot.

Good point. But remember that whenever you sling mud with a pig you only prove that the pig enjoys it.

You're Throwing Pearls to Pigs.:tongue:

strawman...i never said that

next

Nope, not strawman. You say "tax the rich" as if the rich aren't already being taxed. You're acting as if Obama wants to kill the rich with tax rates. Pre-Bush levels, less than 10 years ago tax rates. Y'know, when the country actually was doing great!

you said 20%....that is a strawman....i never said that

the country was doing well during bush as well....the HOUSING market was unsustainable....i take it you failed to read my thread about the rich spending less and it harming the economy....one of the reasons is because they are unsure if they are going to have to pay more taxes...

raising taxes is going to do nothing but make the federal government bigger, we need the economy and people's bank account larger
The rich continue to spend lavishly, and put the rest in tax free overseas accounts.

Nonsense. Most people who make over $200K or $250K, which is the level of income subject to the highest tax increase ever, are not spending lavishly and sheltering their income overseas. Most are actually working upper middle class or small business owners.

Nonsense. Most people who make over $200K or $250K, which is the level of income subject to the highest tax increase ever, are not spending lavishly and sheltering their income overseas. Most are actually working upper middle class or small business owners.
$200,000. isn't anywhere near the top 2%.

Nope, not strawman. You say "tax the rich" as if the rich aren't already being taxed. You're acting as if Obama wants to kill the rich with tax rates. Pre-Bush levels, less than 10 years ago tax rates. Y'know, when the country actually was doing great!

you said 20%....that is a strawman....i never said that

the country was doing well during bush as well....the HOUSING market was unsustainable....i take it you failed to read my thread about the rich spending less and it harming the economy....one of the reasons is because they are unsure if they are going to have to pay more taxes...

raising taxes is going to do nothing but make the federal government bigger, we need the economy and people's bank account larger
The rich continue to spend lavishly, and put the rest in tax free overseas accounts.

You got that right

When Chelsea Clinton and Marc Mezvinsky tie the knot on July 31 they will be surrounded by friends, family and an A-list of celebrities ...... While nobody but the Clintons knows the exact price, it's shaping up to be a costly affair: the total price tag could easily reach $2 million.

Obama and the Dems want to raise taxes on any single making over $200K, and any married couple making more than $250K. Those are the magical income levels they have defined as Rich and deserving of the biggest tax increase in history.

Link?

Forum List

Back