Boehner:"I Don’t Need To See GDP Numbers Or Listen To Economists"

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Think Progress Boehner Spouts Anti-Intellectualism Screed: ‘I Don’t Need To See GDP Numbers Or Listen To Economists’

He claimed that he doesn’t need to listen to economists when putting together his policy agenda:

WALLACE: Congressman — a number of top economists say what we need is more economic stimulus.

BOEHNER: Well, I don’t need to see GDP numbers or to listen to economists. All I need to do is listen to the American people, because they’ve been asking the question now for 18 months, “where are the jobs?”

Video after the jump.

Later, the interview grew a bit more hostile as Wallace tried to press Boehner on the deficit-impact of his call for extending the Bush tax cuts. “Chris, you’ve been in Washington too long because that’s all a bunch of Washington talk,” Boehner said dismissively. “I’m just asking a question, sir,” Wallace persisted, noting the exorbitant cost of extending the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy. “This is the whole Washington mindset, all these CBO numbers,” Boehner responded. Watch it:

Of course, Boehner cares so much about trimming the deficit that he wants to extend the Bush Tax Cuts. Perhaps he feels we can pay for them again by raiding Social Security?

Boehner — whose blind political ideology often leads him to oppose anything that Democrats and Obama might be supportive of — is not interested in hearing the facts. The GDP numbers that Boehner doesn’t want to see showed a relatively weak 2.4 percent growth rate in the 2nd quarter, which indicates that the economy is losing momentum:

what is wrong with his point...it was more about jobs and he believes in listening to the people about job losses rather than stats or so called experts....

you're really losing it on trying to get these petty gotcha moments on repubs modbert

what is wrong with his point...it was more about jobs and he believes in listening to the people about job losses rather than stats or so called experts....

you're really losing it on trying to get these petty gotcha moments on repubs modbert

Boehner wants to extend the Bush Tax Cuts. If he cared so much about the deficit, why does he want to extend the tax cuts?

He wants to listen to the people about jobs, that's fine. However, to listen to just the people and to ignore the people's who job it is to examine the economy is insane.

That's like saying I'm going to go fly a plane in stormy weather but not take advice from other pilots but rather from the passengers. I think your partisan hackery is showing since you merely wanted to take a pot shot at me. Hell, I just refreshed this a minute later and you made a response.

Not even enough time to watch the video.

Boehner wants to extend the Bush Tax Cuts. If he cared so much about the deficit, why does he want to extend the tax cuts?

He wants to listen to the people about jobs, that's fine. However, to listen to just the people and to ignore the people's who job it is to examine the economy is insane.

That's like saying I'm going to go fly a plane in stormy weather but not take advice from other pilots but rather from the passengers. I think your partisan hackery is showing since you merely wanted to take a pot shot at me. Hell, I just refreshed this a minute later and you made a response.

Not even enough time to watch the video.

you're boring....anytime someone responds in a way you don't agree with, its partisan hackery...i read the written links and it wasn't a pot shot

stop being such a sniveling baby, if you don't want peopel to respond to your posts and opinions, then don't post

No dem can possibly keep a straight face and claim to be concerned about the deficit, Mod. Please.

And "tax cuts for the wealthy?" Could you find, like, a more imbalanced source than Think Progress?

I'm not a Dem. So I don't see your point?

Oh I'm sorry, did you not watch the video from Fox News? That video is from a Fox News segment, not Think Progress. I see a lot of attacking the source, but little addressing the actual content.

Because if the tax cuts expire then the Federal government will take in less revenues in the long run. Raising taxes in a recession is an incredibly stupid thing to do. Just ask Herbert Hoover.

you're boring....anytime someone responds in a way you don't agree with, its partisan hackery...i read the written links and it wasn't a pot shot

stop being such a sniveling baby, if you don't want peopel to respond to your posts and opinions, then don't post

You didn't bother to watch the video. All you did was post your little spiel while trying to take your pot shot at me. I get it Yurt, you're still upset over previous incidents, but get over it dude. Trust me, I'm not hurt that you decided to turn your obsessions to Ravi for a bit.

Because if the tax cuts expire then the Federal government will take in less revenues in the long run. Raising taxes in a recession is an incredibly stupid thing to do. Just ask Herbert Hoover.

tax the rich and they spend less....that doesn't help the economy, the more people spend, the more others make, thus revenues increase for the feds

Herbert Hoover raised taxes dramatically, Obama wants the rate for the Wealthy to go up 4%. To compare the two is comparing two completely different things. However, do you recall why we were in such a recession?

tax the rich and they spend less....that doesn't help the economy, the more people spend, the more others make, thus revenues increase for the feds

Obama wants to raise the tax rate for the Rich to Pre-Bush levels at 39%. It is ridiculous for you to sit there and act like he's raising the rate by 20%.

You didn't bother to watch the video. All you did was post your little spiel while trying to take your pot shot at me. I get it Yurt, you're still upset over previous incidents, but get over it dude. Trust me, I'm not hurt that you decided to turn your obsessions to Ravi for a bit.

good lord, you are whiney little turd...you always bring up these past events that i supposedly am upset over, yet i never bring them up, YOU do....

you're a liar modbert...and sniveling whiny brat...like i said, i saw enough to make a valid retort to your idiocy...you failed at trying to get a gotcha yet again on a republican....its truly sad that you're so sensitive that everytime someone posts to you its "personally taking a pot shot at YOU"....its anonymous messageboard....stop obsessing over these past events and stop taking every reply that doesn't agree with you personally

grow a pair

No dem can possibly keep a straight face and claim to be concerned about the deficit, Mod. Please.

And "tax cuts for the wealthy?" Could you find, like, a more imbalanced source than Think Progress?

I'm not a Dem. So I don't see your point?

Oh I'm sorry, did you not watch the video from Fox News? That video is from a Fox News segment, not Think Progress. I see a lot of attacking the source, but little addressing the actual content.

No, I quoted the Think Progress prop piece you linked.

No, I quoted the Think Progress prop piece you linked.

Wallace specifically noted how much the tax cuts for the Wealthy would cost. TP was reflecting that in their piece. You didn't bother to watch the video, otherwise you'd know this.

Watch the video.

it really cracks me up the level of immaturity displayed by modbert...if you make a post to his threads, you're obsessed with him :lol:

poor insecure modbert

strawman...i never said that

next

Nope, not strawman. You say "tax the rich" as if the rich aren't already being taxed. You're acting as if Obama wants to kill the rich with tax rates. Pre-Bush levels, less than 10 years ago tax rates. Y'know, when the country actually was doing great!

it really cracks me up the level of immaturity displayed by modbert...if you make a post to his threads, you're obsessed with him :lol:

poor insecure modbert

Yurt, you need to move on dude. You continue to attack me because of prior events, it's sad really. You need to grow up and let it go dude.

Forum List

Back