Boehner:"I Don’t Need To See GDP Numbers Or Listen To Economists"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Modbert, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    Think Progress Boehner Spouts Anti-Intellectualism Screed: ‘I Don’t Need To See GDP Numbers Or Listen To Economists’

He claimed that he doesn’t need to listen to economists when putting together his policy agenda:

Video after the jump.

Of course, Boehner cares so much about trimming the deficit that he wants to extend the Bush Tax Cuts. Perhaps he feels we can pay for them again by raiding Social Security?

2. Yurt

Yurt Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,038
    what is wrong with his point...it was more about jobs and he believes in listening to the people about job losses rather than stats or so called experts....

you're really losing it on trying to get these petty gotcha moments on repubs modbert

3. Modbert

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    Boehner wants to extend the Bush Tax Cuts. If he cared so much about the deficit, why does he want to extend the tax cuts?

He wants to listen to the people about jobs, that's fine. However, to listen to just the people and to ignore the people's who job it is to examine the economy is insane.

That's like saying I'm going to go fly a plane in stormy weather but not take advice from other pilots but rather from the passengers. I think your partisan hackery is showing since you merely wanted to take a pot shot at me. Hell, I just refreshed this a minute later and you made a response.

Not even enough time to watch the video.

4. LuckyDan

LuckyDan Sublime

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +609
    No dem can possibly keep a straight face and claim to be concerned about the deficit, Mod. Please.

And "tax cuts for the wealthy?" Could you find, like, a more imbalanced source than Think Progress?

5. Yurt

Yurt Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,038
    you're boring....anytime someone responds in a way you don't agree with, its partisan hackery...i read the written links and it wasn't a pot shot

stop being such a sniveling baby, if you don't want peopel to respond to your posts and opinions, then don't post

6. Modbert

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    I'm not a Dem. So I don't see your point?

Oh I'm sorry, did you not watch the video from Fox News? That video is from a Fox News segment, not Think Progress. I see a lot of attacking the source, but little addressing the actual content.

7. Dont Taz Me Bro

Dont Taz Me Bro USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,491
    Because if the tax cuts expire then the Federal government will take in less revenues in the long run. Raising taxes in a recession is an incredibly stupid thing to do. Just ask Herbert Hoover.

8. Yurt

Yurt Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,038
  9. Modbert

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    You didn't bother to watch the video. All you did was post your little spiel while trying to take your pot shot at me. I get it Yurt, you're still upset over previous incidents, but get over it dude. Trust me, I'm not hurt that you decided to turn your obsessions to Ravi for a bit.

10. Yurt

Yurt Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,038
    tax the rich and they spend less....that doesn't help the economy, the more people spend, the more others make, thus revenues increase for the feds