Boehner Huge failure

Why do you care? Are you really worried about paying for all the spending or do you just want to see rich people suffer?

RICH???

The pubs voted for cuts in elderly and children's food stamps and elderly and handicapped meals on wheels. Then, they left for xmas.

How will THAT make "rich people suffer"?

What part of this is so hard for rw's to understand?

I see. I didn't think that any progressive worth their salt is at all concerned about the mounting debt, you just don't want a cut in spending. For if government cuts one dollar in spending people will be dying in the streets.

The problem here is, is that taxes alone cannot avoid the fiscal cliff. You need to cut spending, so where would you do it?

Personally, I think this whole fiscal cliff nonesense is absurd. The Congress has voted to increase the debt ceiling ever since the government changed the currency to the fiat ponzi money in 1971. The sad truth is that they have to keep up ridiculous spending levels because that is why they switched to the fiat currency. Simply put, America could not afford the LBJ entitlements of Medicare etc and a war abroad, so Nixon went off the gold standard to be able to not pay for what we could not afford.

I don't suspect that there is any political support for doing away with these failed programs, so screw it, just remove the debt ceiling and see how far things can go before it all collapses on itself.

:clap2:

Why do you care? Are you really worried about paying for all the spending or do you just want to see rich people suffer?

RICH???

The pubs voted for cuts in elderly and children's food stamps and elderly and handicapped meals on wheels. Then, they left for xmas.

I see. I didn't think that any progressive worth their salt is at all concerned about the mounting debt, you just don't want a cut in spending. For if government cuts one dollar in spending people will be dying in the streets.

The problem here is, is that taxes alone cannot avoid the fiscal cliff. You need to cut spending, so where would you do it?

Personally, I think this whole fiscal cliff nonesense is absurd. The Congress has voted to increase the debt ceiling ever since the government changed the currency to the fiat ponzi money in 1971. The sad truth is that they have to keep up ridiculous spending levels because that is why they switched to the fiat currency. Simply put, America could not afford the LBJ entitlements of Medicare etc and a war abroad, so Nixon went off the gold standard to be able to not pay for what we could not afford.

I don't suspect that there is any political support for doing away with these failed programs, so screw it, just remove the debt ceiling and see how far things can go before it all collapses on itself.
No..you don't understand.

This fiat/ponzi bullshit is just that..bullshit.

Money isn't the endpoint of wealth..it's a place holder. Wealth is defined by what a nation produces. And money provides access to those goods and services. You can't eat gold. And it's a poor building material.

What we are seeing is a reversal of a recent trend that started with Clinton. It was one that recognized that the war/oil paradigm was at an end..

But thanks to GW Bush..that came back.

One of the things I like about the "Fiscal Cliff" is that it has deep cuts in the military. Not deep enough..but it would be impossible to get them any other way.

And for folks concerned about real debt..that the only way it's going to be corrected.

God...is Boehner ever pathetic

Speaker of the House has to get things done. Boehner can't even get a consensus in his own party

What a failure

LOL. Ball is in our court? Sure.

OK. Let's go over the cliff. Go back to the Clinton tax schedule on all.

Then, let's add 5% on anything over one million. Take the 6.2% for SS that I pay, and make that tax apply on all income for everybody. Apply the Buffet Rule, and have a 50% estate tax on inheritances that are worth over 10 million.

RICH???

Not cuts, but rate of increases...

Anyways I think the republicans should of given Obama his 4% tax on the 1%. It would be worth avoiding the pain we're going to see now.

This is going to be used against the republicans in 2014. Stupid move.

RICH???

Money isn't the endpoint of wealth..it's a place holder. Wealth is defined by what a nation produces. And money provides access to those goods and services. You can't eat gold. And it's a poor building material.

What we are seeing is a reversal of a recent trend that started with Clinton. It was one that recognized that the war/oil paradigm was at an end..

One of the things I like about the "Fiscal Cliff" is that it has deep cuts in the military. Not deep enough..but it would be impossible to get them any other way.

And for folks concerned about real debt..that the only way it's going to be corrected.

Agree.

Distressing that rw's STILL don't understand what the debt ceiling really is.

The worst of this mess is that they're pretending it all happened just now. Fact is, they made it up and refused to deal with it. Now we're down to the wire and in an incredibly irresponsible move, the Rs screw over the very poorest and most unable to earn groups in our country and, La de Da, they go off to their 2% xmas celebrations.

You can bet there are no food shortages in their homes tonight but the last thing they did was vote to take food away from our elderly and our children.

And, the rw's here react by saying they want more taken away from the poor and working class and more given to the wealthy.

rightdinger said:
God...is Obama ever pathetic

Speaker of the House has to get things done. Boehner can't even get a consensus in his own party

What a failure

Now you be honest about Obama... :lol:.. you can't ..

Last edited:
Wow, the Republicans are fucking idiots. Obama and the Democrats are going to let the fiscal cliff happen, propose tax cuts after the new Congress is sworn in next month for those making under $250k and then dare the GOP to vote against them.

Footage shows Cantor and others running away from journalists.

Boehner is hiding out as well. No statement to journalists because he has been blindsided by his own people. Just like the last time when he rant to Limbaugh for his marching orders.

STILL no surprises from the Rs.

Shameful.

RICH???

Get out of the middle east
Get off of the DMZ

Use our millitary for the defense of our nation. Period.

Sure, give them the best to do just that but we can't defend other nations. It isn't our job. I hope our troops our given the best in the defense of this nation...

That is what I'm concern of.

Capitol Hill is a like a WWF match; No matter who "wins', you know it's scripted.

Too many Trillions involved to just leave up to the whims of "The Great Unwashed": Voters.

There's no grand conspiracy.

There is some string pulling..but that's mostly thanks to you "corporations are people and money is speech" folks.

How do you like it now?

:lol:
Thanks to me? You idiot, people like you just supported corporations setting your income tax rates via Obamacare.

The level of stupidity here is really frightening.

Obamacare has nothing to do with Tax rates.

That was a face saving thing by Justice Roberts.

You folks are funny.

Seriously funny.

Get out of the middle east
Get off of the DMZ

Use our millitary for the defense of our nation. Period.

Sure, give them the best to do just that but we can't defend other nations. It isn't our job. I hope our troops our given the best in the defense of this nation...

That is what I'm concern of.

Forget that. It was the Rs that voted against certain equipment that would have saved lives AND saved their genitals. Now they say they want the vet hosp's to go to a voucher system. The vet hosp's already give pretty crappy care but the Rs want to do even less for our vets and our military.

RICH???

The war/oil paradigm was at an end? What are you talking about? Have you gone completely mad?

Do you really think that more money flowing into government from the private sector will improve any of our lives? If so, how?

Deep cuts in the military? Is this what you are after? Why? Is it because you wish to reduce spending or because you don't like wars abroad. Again, I would bet the house on the later. Well guess what spanky, the US will continue to dominate the world militarily because that is the nature of the all powerful unlimited beast known as the US federal government. The unlimited all powerful centralized beast that you helped create can't but help micromanage, not only the citizens they represent, but also the rest of the world.

Enjoy.

Wow, the Republicans are fucking idiots. Obama and the Democrats are going to let the fiscal cliff happen, propose tax cuts after the new Congress is sworn in next month for those making under $250k and then dare the GOP to vote against them.

Obama was about to crack.

He is so right when he said it seems that all they are doing is disagreeing with each and everything he agrees with..even when he agrees with them.

Uh, you need to pay attention to what is really happening.

Or, alternatively, you can stay right where you are in LaLa Land.

balls in dems court,

Nope, balls in the Libertarian court. Let these two parties destroy the nation and then pounce on both.

This is pure BS. The revenue that taxing the "rich" will generate would not be enough to feed a midget anorexic flea compared to the deficits being run.

I know that shit but it will hair lip paul and be damned obama is obsessed with taxing the rich and tax the rich he shall. balls in the dems court.

There's no grand conspiracy.

There is some string pulling..but that's mostly thanks to you "corporations are people and money is speech" folks.

How do you like it now?

Thanks to me? You idiot, people like you just supported corporations setting your income tax rates via Obamacare.

The level of stupidity here is really frightening.

Obamacare has nothing to do with Tax rates.

That was a face saving thing by Justice Roberts.

You folks are funny.

Seriously funny.

This fiscal cliff nonsense has nothing to do with the debt ceiling either but rw's really don't understand the difference. They don't seem to understand what the debt ceiling really is.

Forum List

Back