Boehner holds the trump card right now

Boehner said he'd be willing to strike a deal on "new revenues," ie higher taxes. That's good news on dealing with the Fiscal Cliff.

How is raising taxes in a recession good news?

I didn't say it did. And we aren't in a recession.

Take away gov't spending and it looks pretty much like a recession in GDP. You said Boehner's willingness to raise taxes is good news. I want to know why raising taxes in a weak economy is good news.

How is raising taxes in a recession good news?

I didn't say it did. And we aren't in a recession.

Take away gov't spending and it looks pretty much like a recession in GDP. You said Boehner's willingness to raise taxes is good news. I want to know why raising taxes in a weak economy is good news.

I said it was good for the Fiscal Cliff. And it is.

Private sector spending has been rising for a few years, so it's not just government spending.

Boehner said he'd be willing to strike a deal on "new revenues," ie higher taxes. That's good news on dealing with the Fiscal Cliff.

i heard boehner's speech. he should have agreed that higher taxes on some were appropriate while still dealing with cuts.

he didn't... he said the same tired BS that romney did... talking about 'loopholes'. you know it's garbage... i know it's garbage... boehner knows its garbage.

it was clear that he has no intention of upsetting norquist.

they'd rather drive this country into the gutter than deal realistically with the issues facing us. that is why they lost seats in the house.. that is why they lost seats in the senate. if they keep doing this, they'll lose the house in 2014.

i heard boehner's speech. he should have agreed that higher taxes on some were appropriate while still dealing with cuts.

he didn't... he said the same tired BS that romney did... talking about 'loopholes'. you know it's garbage... i know it's garbage... boehner knows its garbage.

it was clear that he has no intention of upsetting norquist.

they'd rather drive this country into the gutter than deal realistically with the issues facing us. that is why they lost seats in the house.. that is why they lost seats in the senate. if they keep doing this, they'll lose the house in 2014.

We're going to get some sort of version of Bowles Simpson, which didn't raise marginal rates, plus some increase in marginal rates for the wealthiest.

He has no reason not to play hardball right now because his leverage will never be higher.

'(CNSNews.com) - The U.S. Treasury quietly warned at the end of a statement issued last Wednesday that it expects the federal government to hit its legal debt limit before the end of this year--which means before the new Congress is seated--and that "extraordinary measures" will be needed before then to keep the government fully funded into the early part of 2013.'

Treasury Quietly Warns: 'Expect Debt Limit to Be Reached Near End of 2012' | CNSNews.com

If they fail to find a solution have no fear, the government WILL take extrordinary measures.

And life will go on.

Drama... Drama....

The fiscal cliff will be kicked down the road. Thanks to stimulus, the economy was on the road to recovery no matter who won and the debt will come down with it. Now at least the party responsible for the recovery will get credit for it.

Snipers are such instigators.

Forum List

Back