Boehner holds the trump card right now

He has no reason not to play hardball right now because his leverage will never be higher.

'(CNSNews.com) - The U.S. Treasury quietly warned at the end of a statement issued last Wednesday that it expects the federal government to hit its legal debt limit before the end of this year--which means before the new Congress is seated--and that "extraordinary measures" will be needed before then to keep the government fully funded into the early part of 2013.'

Treasury Quietly Warns: 'Expect Debt Limit to Be Reached Near End of 2012' | CNSNews.com

So, can we assume that your analysis, opinions, and insight on this matter will be coming from the same set of brain cells that produced all of your delightfully idiotic commentary on the election?

He has no reason not to play hardball right now because his leverage will never be higher.

'(CNSNews.com) - The U.S. Treasury quietly warned at the end of a statement issued last Wednesday that it expects the federal government to hit its legal debt limit before the end of this year--which means before the new Congress is seated--and that "extraordinary measures" will be needed before then to keep the government fully funded into the early part of 2013.'

Treasury Quietly Warns: 'Expect Debt Limit to Be Reached Near End of 2012' | CNSNews.com

Still trying to dive the country into the ground, eh? If the Reps don't get their act together, I see a House reversal in '14 and a big win for Hillary in '16. Americans won't keep putting up with fools that don't realize that we're not going to get out of the deficit mess on cuts alone.

Obama needs to publicaly offer up a compromise to save the country. Draw a line in the sand and make it clear who is not willing to step over it

At least you have the guts to admit he has almost destroyed us.

Still trying to dive the country into the ground, eh? If the Reps don't get their act together, I see a House reversal in '14 and a big win for Hillary in '16. Americans won't keep putting up with fools that don't realize that we're not going to get out of the deficit mess on cuts alone.

Obama needs to publicaly offer up a compromise to save the country. Draw a line in the sand and make it clear who is not willing to step over it

At least you have the guts to admit he has almost destroyed us.

Actually it was Congress that set up the conditions for Sequestration and the expiration of the Bush tax cuts

well he cant say the top priority is to keep Obama from being elected again

I just wnder how many times Obama is going to try and use the executive order to get his way if the house doesn't let one of his agendas get through...:eusa_think:

Speaking of Trump, how did that turn out?

I just wnder how many times Obama is going to try and use the executive order to get his way if the house doesn't let one of his agendas get through...:eusa_think:

No more so than any other president.

Speaking of Trump, how did that turn out?

Trump was calling for revolution last night. He might need to invest in a ball cap, now that his fake scalp is on Obama's belt.

The Bush tax cuts expire on their own. The sequestration goes into effect automatically. President Obama can veto anything stupid that the Congress tries to do.

I'd say he's in the driver's seat.

It has nothing to do with anyone's wealth, retard.

It is a measure of sovereign debt brought on by deficit spending.

Again, when you actually give me a list of what you want to cut instead of taxing the rich their fair share... I'll take you seriously.

I mean, yeah, okay, you want to cut Big Bird. That's about .001% of the budget, that's going to help.

Fact is, if you guys want to increase defense spending, and keep Social Security and Medicare where they are at, you have to find that money somewhere...

You don't even know how sovereign debt is accrued.

LOL
Go fuck yourself.

Sure I know how it is accured.

First, you give five trillion in tax cuts to rich douchebags.

Then you fight two wars on a credit card.

Here we go, SniperFart illustrating the whole reason that they lost the election.

Only a con would think that stonewalling progress is a notable idea.

Enjoy the consecutive losses.

The Bush tax cuts expire on their own. The sequestration goes into effect automatically. President Obama can veto anything stupid that the Congress tries to do.

I'd say he's in the driver's seat.

And the really fucked up thing is that Boehner and the GOP did it to themselves. They thought that if they delayed long enough, it would reflect badly on the economy and Obama would lose.

Now? If they don't get their asses back to DC and take care of this problem, I can confidently say that Boehner will be drummed out on his ass next election in 2014.

Obama is the one with all the juice now.

The American Citizens judged President Obama to be the man for the job of President. Now he can propose legislation to bring this nation back to economic stability, but the Congress has to pass that legislation.

About half of Americans judged him to be the man for the job. And the President doesn't propose legislation. There should be a test required for voting.

Oh and Christie doesn't do anythng that isn't for political gain.

bohner may just have to cry about this

Like this...
images

At least he cries about something, not EVERYTHING!!! :lol:

The American Citizens judged President Obama to be the man for the job of President. Now he can propose legislation to bring this nation back to economic stability, but the Congress has to pass that legislation.

About half of Americans judged him to be the man for the job. And the President doesn't propose legislation. There should be a test required for voting.

Oh and Christie doesn't do anythng that isn't for political gain.

A required test to be able to vote? Really? I suppose you want to bring back the poll tax as well.

Do you even know what a 'Trump Card' is? Have you played spades or Bridge?

A trump card is more akin to... um, VETO power.

Does Johnny have that? Nope.

Now who has the veto power.

The CBO projects Obama debt to be over $20 billion by the end of this term.

Is that driving the country into the ground, or not?

Republican intransigence over workable solutions is what's driving us into the ground. They keep talking about not raising taxes to give the job-creators room to do their thing. We haven't. Where are the jobs? This election proves Americans are getting wise to that and '14 & '16 will only be worse, unless the Republicans get wise, too.

Increasing taxes massively is not a workable solution. Ask California or Illinois.

Forum List

Back