Boehner: 'Great concerns' Obama is exceeding Constitution

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) said that he has "great concerns" that President Obama may be exceeding his constitutional authority in ordering his administration to adjust regulations surrounding "underwater" mortgages and student loans, saying, "this idea that you are just going to go around the Congress is ... almost laughable."

"I thought we were a nation of laws and that our country was governed by our Constitution," Boehner said Thursday on the "Laura Ingraham Show."

The Speaker went on to caution that Republicans in Congress were keeping "a very close eye on the administration to make sure they are following the law and following the Constitution."
Obama announced a series of programs this week that would enable those with mortgage or student loan debt to refinance to more favorable terms and repayment plans. The administration says such action was necessary after Republicans blocked the president's jobs plan proposal to stimulate the economy.

Boehner: 'Great concerns' Obama is exceeding Constitution - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

rogersz.jpg

100001_600.jpg

Kind of an odd position to take:

-- We're watching to see if they do anything unconstitutional

-- But we can't identify anything unconstitutional they've done

-- But we think that they're doing something unconstitutional anyway

Why doesn't he write an article of impeachment, instead of going on a talk show?
Because "Boner" is full of shit that's why. And stupid partisan Conservatives just eat it up, that's why it was served on talk radio.

Dennis Kucinich and Ron Paul are the only Reps I know of that have openly talked of impeaching Obama up to this point. In fact Kucinich has started proceedings to that end which were ignored by Almighty "Boner the Tanned One".

House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) said that he has "great concerns" that President Obama may be exceeding his constitutional authority in ordering his administration to adjust regulations surrounding "underwater" mortgages and student loans, saying, "this idea that you are just going to go around the Congress is ... almost laughable."

"I thought we were a nation of laws and that our country was governed by our Constitution," Boehner said Thursday on the "Laura Ingraham Show."

The Speaker went on to caution that Republicans in Congress were keeping "a very close eye on the administration to make sure they are following the law and following the Constitution."
.....Especially for ol' Boner.....'cause he's spending some badly-needed time in The Dick; Cheney's "undisclosed location"!!!!

Progressives clash with Boehner over standing with the 99%! - YouTube

Last edited:
Congress is the ONLY Federal Branch of Government allowed to forgive Federal debt. The President can NOT use signing statements to unconstitutionally forgive US debt.

Of course the House won't do anything about this either, just like everything else.

So you seem to not have a problem with what obama is doing? Aren't you the one that likes to use court rulings in all your post to support what you say?

I'm wondering why you only seem to blame republicans for everything and never a democrat? Oh that's right it does no good to blame the democrats because they will never change and continue as they always do. People who support democrats are useful idiots.

Boehners a big boy....why doesn't he do something about it?

Here's an idea......why not try to obstruct the President?

Yes the President should do whatever he wants. Checks and balances be damned.

According to the left ONLY a Democrat should be able to break the law, ignore the Constitution and lie to us. They were opposed to what Obama is doing when Bush did it on a much smaller LEGAL limit.

In fairness...they said this about Reagan BIG time.
They they said this about Clinton.
They they said this about Bush Jr.
Now Obama.

They were all right of course, however, nothing EVER gets done in the houses. And when it does - it is usually a mere shadow of what was intended and filled with pork spending and pay-offs.
Unfortunately the only way sometimes a President can get things done is to apply executive order - even when it is over his authority.

The President is allowed to act within the purview of Chief Executive

If Boehner thinks he is overstepping his authority, he has Constitutional recourse .......I suspect he will just sit and pout

If Boehner thinks he is overstepping his authority, he has Constitutional recourse .......I suspect he will just sit and pout

His main recourse is Impeachment or Congressional acts. The democrats lead by Reid in the Senate have REFUSED to hold Obama accountable for a single unlawful Unconstitutional act he has committed. But then you know that.

Basically the left has declared the Constitution null and void and you fucking traitors support them.

His main recourse is Impeachment or Congressional acts. The democrats lead by Reid in the Senate have REFUSED to hold Obama accountable for a single unlawful Unconstitutional act he has committed. But then you know that.

Basically the left has declared the Constitution null and void and you fucking traitors support them.

Obama has yet to exceed his constitutional authority. Just because Glenn Beck says so, doesn't make it true

From what I see, it is the Republicans who continually whine about changing the Constitution

Forum List

Back