Boehner floats deficit ceiling deal.

Boehner opts for 'red meat' on debt ceiling - May. 9, 2011

Naw, I think it is time to default...I have always wanted to know how it feels to live in a third world county. Besides, the Chinese language has a certain appeal to it...you know?

Not raising the debt ceiling will not make us default, but I wouldn't expect an uneducated ignoramus like yourself to understand that. It's easier for you to just repeat talking points you know nothing about.

Naw, I think it is time to default...I have always wanted to know how it feels to live in a third world county. Besides, the Chinese language has a certain appeal to it...you know?

Not raising the debt ceiling will not make us default, but I wouldn't expect an uneducated ignoramus like yourself to understand that. It's easier for you to just repeat talking points you know nothing about.

What do you think will happen if we default on any single security for even one day? Hint: it won't be good.

It wouldn't necessarily make us default but it might. We will eventually have to cut SS, defense or Medicare and Medicaid, given that those three account for $2.4 trillion in spending, interest payments are $200 billion, and total revenues are $2.2 trillion.

Last edited:
This move on Boehner's part is actually quite empty, considering that he's saying "Everything except tax hikes is on the table." (direct quote)

Spain that to me Lucy. How will not paying our bills to debt holders outside the US, not be default. Is this the new Republican math?

Well, after you put that so nicely I hate to disagree but: yes, it will. There would be no funds to make interest payments - unless you believe the government would first stop paying all medicare payments, shut down the military and close the Treasury department before it would default.

Last edited:

It wouldn't necessarily make us default but it might. We will eventually have to cut SS, defense or Medicare and Medicaid, given that those three account for $2.4 trillion in spending, interest payments are $200 billion, and total revenues are $2.2 trillion.

We cannot DEFAULT on social security,

The government owes SS $2.4 TRILLION dollars.

Even if we cut bennies down to ZERO, that debt still must be paid.

WQhy?

Because it is just like all other government promises to pay that we owe to CHINA, JAPAN, our pension funds etc.

Sometimes, cutting up the credit cards is the right thing to do.

Sometimes it is.

So you'd be willing to cut $400 billion from defense this year then?
Yes. Americans were able to cut their expenses during this economic downturn, gov't can do the same.

They told us the sky is falling in 2008 so they could get TARP passed. Let's not fall for it twice ok?

I don't see how the Republicans think we can cut a Trillion dollars..? Taking a tax cut off the table, even returning to the pre-Bush tax cut for the rich days is a mistake. I guess they just want to remove the lower class, lower income. Just totally eliminate them...

I don't see how the Republicans think we can cut a Trillion dollars..? Taking a tax cut off the table, even returning to the pre-Bush tax cut for the rich days is a mistake. I guess they just want to remove the lower class, lower income. Just totally eliminate them...

How much will eliminating the Bush era tax cuts really move the needle?

This move on Boehner's part is actually quite empty, considering that he's saying "Everything except tax hikes is on the table." (direct quote)

The only thing empty is your head, wonky-boy.

Boehner is putting the screws to Obama. I love it. He will make Obama sign stuff he wouldn't in a million years.
I like Boehner mroe and more. And the more the Left vilifies him, the better job he is doing.

Boehner is putting the screws to Obama. I love it. He will make Obama sign stuff he wouldn't in a million years.
I like Boehner mroe and more. And the more the Left vilifies him, the better job he is doing.

Maybe Obama will let the country default when Beaner doesn't agree to anything. Now, who do you think the country will blame when they have to pay 21% interest rates?

Maybe Obama will let the country default when Beaner doesn't agree to anything. Now, who do you think the country will blame when they have to pay 21% interest rates?

They'll blame Obama and the Democrats. The public already blames them for this mess.
I guess the Dems will become The Party of No.

They'll blame Obama and the Democrats. The public already blames them for this mess.
I guess the Dems will become The Party of No.

Yeah, like they blamed them for the government shutdown in 1995...:lol:

Everyone knows who the Party of No is.

Forum List

Back