Boehner and GOP quietly cave

Boehner might as well register as a Democrat since he bends to their will so much.
The man has no backbone and will not stand up for what is right.

Yeah, there is no more 'Republican/Democrat.' They're all just fellow members of the same exclusive Ruling Class Elite Club. It's very sad.

Boehner might as well register as a Democrat since he bends to their will so much.
The man has no backbone and will not stand up for what is right.

I know what you mean. I hate it when politicians put pragmatic actions to keep their jobs over doing the "right" thing.

One thing for sure though. John likes his job a lot more than he cares about you Republicans opinions of him.
Unless you live in Ciinci or Miami County. And a portion of Green Co,. Reliably Republican though. So you all won't be rid of John for a long time. Redistricting made sure of that. Are you not glad?

He won't run. How about you address what I actually said?

You want me to comment on your opinions? Why?

My opinion, hardly.

What is the trend in deportation of immigrants under the Obama administration? This seemingly simple question is proving very hard to answer. Consider three characterizations from recent media reports. Here is The Economist in February 2014:

America is expelling illegal immigrants at nine times the rate of 20 years ago; nearly 2m so far under Barack Obama, easily outpacing any previous president.

In April, the Los Angeles Times wrote:

A closer examination shows that immigrants living illegally in most of the continental U.S. are less likely to be deported today than before Obama came to office, according to immigration data. Expulsions of people who are settled and working in the United States have fallen steadily since his first year in office, and are down more than 40% since 2009.

Lies damned lies and Obama s deportation statistics - The Washington Post

Uuuummm, looks like at least some of the GOP is learning from past mistakes. Guess Boehner and many other Republicans knew who would be blamed if there was a shutdown.
I'm surprised you three aren't bemoaning Boehners move.......... :eusa_whistle:

:lol:

The reason why we have no problem with what boehner did is because we put America first. Not any party.

I know that's what you conservatives do but stop projecting what you would do on everyone you disagree with.

We're happy that the funding went through on a clean bill. We're happy about it because it means that the DHS is properly funded through the rest of the fiscal year.

It's not about a gotcha. It's about the safety of America.
Us conservatives??
You honestly believe it's about the safety of America????!!!!!!!!! You honestly think that ANY politician or political party is altruistic in any of it's motives??!! Talk about gullible!
:lmao:

I wasn't talking about politicians. Neither were you in the post I replied to. You expected for liberals and democrats to be upset with boehner doing the right thing.

We're not. We are glad he did the right thing.

That means that DHS will be properly funded through the rest of the fiscal year.

Unlike conservatives, it's not about politics. It's about America to people like me. But then I've been a registered Independent since 1978. I don't follow parties.

I can't speak for politicians. I can only speak for myself and people like me. Plus if it was about politics with the democrats in the House, none of them would have voted for that bill. But in reality most, if not all, voted for that bill. The republicans put party before the nation and most of them voted against that bill. It would have failed if the democrats had put party first. The democrats didn't do that, they put the nation first and voted for the bill.

And therein lies your fallacy, you honestly believe the Dems put the country first, whether they are politicians or voters and that the Pubs only care about their party and not America regardless of whether they're politicians and voters. Yes you can only speak for yourself but the truth is both side only care about what's best for their party whether they are politicians or voters.

I always get amused with a conservative tells me what I think, what I"m doing or what I believe. Even though conservatives don't know me and we've never met.

That is some miraculous ability you and conservatives have.

Unfortunately, you're wrong.

In this situation yes, democrats did the right thing. Which they seem to do much more than conservatives. Do democrats always do the right thing? NO. However in my lifetime I have very rarely seen conservatives do the right thing. In fact I can't think of a situation that a conservative or republican did the right thing for the good of our nation and people.

However you've assigned a political party to me that's incorrect. I guess that miraculous ability you have isn't so miraculous.

I've been a registered Independent since I first registered to vote in 1978. I'm a liberal. Not a democrat. Which means that I see BOTH parties for what they really are.

It also means that I've never voted for a conservative or republican in my life. It also means that I've voted for liberals and moderates. I've voted Independent, Green, Democrat and even once voted Libertarian.

So cut the garbage. Democrats did the right thing and it really bothers you. If it didn't you wouldn't have been wasting so much time trying to discredit the truth I posted.

You also need to recognize that you're projecting your beliefs on me. Which you can't be more wrong. I'm not you. You maybe a sheep following the herd but I'm not and I will post the truth no matter how much you don't like it.

Don't bother replying to this . I won't read it. I'll scroll right past your posts without reading them from now on. If you reply, you're replying to no one. I lost all my patience for stupid, hate and lies in the 20th century.

Last edited:
Obama once again calls Boehners bluff

But but...Obama is weak.

Which makes the GOP even weaker
Regretfully, it is true. Obama has outmaneuvered the GOP - more specifically, the Tea Party - for six years now. You would think the teapers would get the clue that you can't play checkers when the enemy is playing chess. I have said it a million times...the Tea Party is destroying the GOP. They are amateurs...children playing a man's game. It's fucking pathetic and embarrassing.
What's really embarrassing is Americans who no longer care enough about their country to the point that they have no problem with criminals who sneak into our country and take jobs which keep blue collar wages down.
Shame on you people !
Where is the Republican Bill that places extremely heavy consequences for anyone hiring illegals?

*crickets*

Where's the Dim bill ? Why wasn't something done during Obama's first two years when his party had control of everything ?

So you're saying that you know that republicans will never pass an immigration bill so you expect democrats to do it. Wow. Why not get the republicans to actually do their job?

Democrats had control of the House only. The republicans in the senate kept control of the senate with their no stop filibusters of just about every bill that was brought to the senate. The democrats never had 60 people to override that filibuster.

If you were honest you would admit that Al Franken didn't take his senate seat until July 2009. By that time senators Kennedy and Byrd were dying. They weren't in the senate to actually vote so the democrats never had that 60 votes to override the republican non stop filibuster.

A bipartisan immigration bill was passed in the Senate in the last congressional term. It went to the republican controlled House where boehner killed it.

So if you want to whine about an immigration bill you better be honest about it.

Why did boehner kill that bipartisan immigration bill? He didn't even bring it to the floor for debate.

Stop trying to blame the people who have been trying to solve this problem. Why not start telling your republican politicians to start doing the jobs they were hired to do and pass an immigration bill?

But but...Obama is weak.

Which makes the GOP even weaker
Regretfully, it is true. Obama has outmaneuvered the GOP - more specifically, the Tea Party - for six years now. You would think the teapers would get the clue that you can't play checkers when the enemy is playing chess. I have said it a million times...the Tea Party is destroying the GOP. They are amateurs...children playing a man's game. It's fucking pathetic and embarrassing.
What's really embarrassing is Americans who no longer care enough about their country to the point that they have no problem with criminals who sneak into our country and take jobs which keep blue collar wages down.
Shame on you people !
Where is the Republican Bill that places extremely heavy consequences for anyone hiring illegals?

*crickets*

Where's the Dim bill ? Why wasn't something done during Obama's first two years when his party had control of everything ?

So you're saying that you know that republicans will never pass an immigration bill so you expect democrats to do it. Wow. Why not get the republicans to actually do their job?

Democrats had control of the House only. The republicans in the senate kept control of the senate with their no stop filibusters of just about every bill that was brought to the senate. The democrats never had 60 people to override that filibuster.

If you were honest you would admit that Al Franken didn't take his senate seat until July 2009. By that time senators Kennedy and Byrd were dying. They weren't in the senate to actually vote so the democrats never had that 60 votes to override the republican non stop filibuster.

A bipartisan immigration bill was passed in the Senate in the last congressional term. It went to the republican controlled House where boehner killed it.

So if you want to whine about an immigration bill you better be honest about it.

Why did boehner kill that bipartisan immigration bill? He didn't even bring it to the floor for debate.

Stop trying to blame the people who have been trying to solve this problem. Why not start telling your republican politicians to start doing the jobs they were hired to do and pass an immigration bill?

Why do you insist on lying, Read never sent the immigration bill to the House. Reid is the one that killed it, while your dear leader lied his ass off, how about you be honest.

S.744 - 113th Congress 2013-2014 Border Security Economic Opportunity and Immigration Modernization Act Congress.gov Library of Congress

Last edited:
Uuuummm, looks like at least some of the GOP is learning from past mistakes. Guess Boehner and many other Republicans knew who would be blamed if there was a shutdown.
I'm surprised you three aren't bemoaning Boehners move.......... :eusa_whistle:

:lol:

The reason why we have no problem with what boehner did is because we put America first. Not any party.

I know that's what you conservatives do but stop projecting what you would do on everyone you disagree with.

We're happy that the funding went through on a clean bill. We're happy about it because it means that the DHS is properly funded through the rest of the fiscal year.

It's not about a gotcha. It's about the safety of America.
Us conservatives??
You honestly believe it's about the safety of America????!!!!!!!!! You honestly think that ANY politician or political party is altruistic in any of it's motives??!! Talk about gullible!

I wasn't talking about politicians. Neither were you in the post I replied to. You expected for liberals and democrats to be upset with boehner doing the right thing.

We're not. We are glad he did the right thing.

That means that DHS will be properly funded through the rest of the fiscal year.

Unlike conservatives, it's not about politics. It's about America to people like me. But then I've been a registered Independent since 1978. I don't follow parties.

I can't speak for politicians. I can only speak for myself and people like me. Plus if it was about politics with the democrats in the House, none of them would have voted for that bill. But in reality most, if not all, voted for that bill. The republicans put party before the nation and most of them voted against that bill. It would have failed if the democrats had put party first. The democrats didn't do that, they put the nation first and voted for the bill.

And therein lies your fallacy, you honestly believe the Dems put the country first, whether they are politicians or voters and that the Pubs only care about their party and not America regardless of whether they're politicians and voters. Yes you can only speak for yourself but the truth is both side only care about what's best for their party whether they are politicians or voters.

I always get amused with a conservative tells me what I think, what I"m doing or what I believe. Even though conservatives don't know me and we've never met.

That is some miraculous ability you and conservatives have.

Unfortunately, you're wrong.

In this situation yes, democrats did the right thing. Which they seem to do much more than conservatives. Do democrats always do the right thing? NO. However in my lifetime I have very rarely seen conservatives do the right thing. In fact I can't think of a situation that a conservative or republican did the right thing for the good of our nation and people.

However you've assigned a political party to me that's incorrect. I guess that miraculous ability you have isn't so miraculous.

I've been a registered Independent since I first registered to vote in 1978. I'm a liberal. Not a democrat. Which means that I see BOTH parties for what they really are.

It also means that I've never voted for a conservative or republican in my life. It also means that I've voted for liberals and moderates. I've voted Independent, Green, Democrat and even once voted Libertarian.

So cut the garbage. Democrats did the right thing and it really bothers you. If it didn't you wouldn't have been wasting so much time trying to discredit the truth I posted.

You also need to recognize that you're projecting your beliefs on me. Which you can't be more wrong. I'm not you. You maybe a sheep following the herd but I'm not and I will post the truth no matter how much you don't like it.

Don't bother replying to this . I won't read it. I'll scroll right past your posts without reading them from now on. If you reply, you're replying to no one. I lost all my patience for stupid, hate and lies in the 20th century.
No, you made some claims that are incorrect, including what a true independent is. just because you're a registered independent doesn't make you one, I on the other hand am a true independent, not a conservative as you claim, true independent because I vote all moderate regardless of party affiliation, you're just a leftist hack (not a liberal, true liberals are few and far between these days as are true conservatives.
Hell you probably think you're a middle of the road moderate because most people these days tend to vote middle to far left, well I hate to be the one to break it to ya Sputz but the middle is defined by the extremes, the sides of the road.
You can ignore it or you can read it, I don't care, besides you were the one who initially discounted what I said then you had an issue when I came back at you?? And accused me of "desperation"??!!! Projection is thy name.

Shame on you people !

*crickets*

Why do you insist on lying, Read never sent the immigration bill to the House. Reid is the one that killed it, while your dear leader lied his ass off, how about you be honest.

S.744 - 113th Congress 2013-2014 Border Security Economic Opportunity and Immigration Modernization Act Congress.gov Library of Congress
The worst part is this Dana creature actually believes the crap it's spewing, especially about it's being an independent.
We know for a fact that one third of all registered Independents tend to vote nearly straight ticket red or blue, generally with little or no deviation.
So basically this one is lying not only to us but possibly to itself.
Dana, if you weren't a DNC stooge you'd would understand how politics really work, how both sides are just as bad as the other when it comes to playing politics and you wouldn't constantly be pointing the finger solely at the Republican party and claiming they're at fault.
Basically you're a fraud and you've just outed yourself.

Funny thing is that conservatives yell that Obama is spineless yet ignore the fact that Boehner never stands his ground and always caves when push come to shove..
Say what you will about Obama but you don't see him doing that. Obama just figures out another way to get his ideas done, legal or not.

Sounds ominous.

But I can tell you now, the people of Cinci will not stand by quietly while Boner is drawn and quartered.
People of Cinci and Miami Co, Ohio love them some John Boner..They elect him over and over. Of course he had to have the districts redrawn to protect his job, but hey, what's a career politician to do.

I think they (politicians) ALL need to be drawn and quartered at this point. It's also why I believe we need to remove the professional political class from existance.

Shame on you people !

*crickets*

The worst part is this Dana creature actually believes the crap it's spewing, especially about it's being an independent.
We know for a fact that one third of all registered Independents tend to vote nearly straight ticket red or blue, generally with little or no deviation.
Dana, if you weren't a DNC stooge you'd would understand how politics really work, how both sides are just as bad as the other when it comes to playing politics and you wouldn't constantly be pointing the finger solely at the Republican party and claiming they're at fault.

Yep, this one appears to be totally out of touch with reality. They won't admit it though, you provide proof they're wrong, they just disappear.

*crickets*

Yep, this one appears to be totally out of touch with reality. They won't admit it though, you provide proof they're wrong, they just disappear.
Over the years I've seen many posters show up claiming they're moderates, Independents, etc and quickly end up showing their true colors. One of the problems is many have convinced themselves that they are what they claim however the real test is how many on both sides end up calling that poster both a moonbat and a wingnut with equal frequency. All but a very few have failed that test.
With this one I'm not sure yet whether it's self delusion, intentional deflection/obfuscation or a combination of both.

With Netanyahu grabbing the headlines, Boehner and the Republicans try to sneak their capitulation under the radar:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner cleared the way for a vote as soon as Tuesday on a bill to fund the Department of Homeland Security for the rest of the fiscal year, dealing a blow to conservative Republicans who wanted to include language blocking President Barack Obama's immigration actions....

U.S. House to vote on security bill without immigration provisions - Yahoo News

With any luck this will end gutless John as speaker.
So, you would rather that Homeland Security not be funded? Because there was no way the immigration language was going to be passed.

Yep, when you have a regime that is determined to illegally grant 5 million illegal aliens legal status, issue them social security cards, work permits and allow them to get past earned income credits, congress has a duty to uphold the Constitution over any thing else. We are suppose to be a nation of laws, if we give that up, we give up everything that make us a country.
You're no American. You probably pray for an attack on this country so that you can blame Obama.

Shame on you people !
:lol: So you want to defund the very department assigned to keeping illegals out. Teaper logic is pathetic. And now that you lost...again, you want to assign false arguments.

Why the hell not, your dear leader won't allow them to do their jobs anyway.
Obama has deported more illegals than any POTUS in history.

What other bullshit would you like to try to sell?

Bullshit, can you say cooked books, this regime does its calculations differently than any other to make it appear that way, they're really good at marketing, smoke and mirrors.
And the whole world's press is in on it.

You're an idiot. A prominent characteristic of Texans, along with being un-American.

Shame on you people !
:lol: So you want to defund the very department assigned to keeping illegals out. Teaper logic is pathetic. And now that you lost...again, you want to assign false arguments.

Why the hell not, your dear leader won't allow them to do their jobs anyway.
Obama has deported more illegals than any POTUS in history.

What other bullshit would you like to try to sell?

Bullshit, can you say cooked books, this regime does its calculations differently than any other to make it appear that way, they're really good at marketing, smoke and mirrors.
And the whole world's press is in on it.

You're an idiot. A prominent characteristic of Texans, along with being un-American.

Actually their not asshole, try reading the link I posted in post 164. Stop acting like a fool.

Really, how about you condemn your dear leaders illegal executive actions right now.
What makes them illegal? Because you don't agree with them?

You mean other than they violate US law? Damn I can't think of a thing. You're not that fucking stupid, stop acting like it.
They do not violate the law.

Stop listening to that moron Mark Levin. He's a piece of shit.

Tell it to the judge that slapped his ass down.

Shame on you people !

*crickets*

You're a fucking idiot:

Immigration reform bill 2013 Senate passes legislation 68-32 - POLITICO.com

Just because the senate passed it doesn't mean Reid ever sent it to the House.

Last recorded action on the bill was the following:

Date Chamber Action

12/10/2014 Senate Committee on the Judiciary. Hearings held.
Type of Action: Committee Consideration
Action By: Senate Judiciary

Actions - S.744 - 113th Congress 2013-2014 Border Security Economic Opportunity and Immigration Modernization Act Congress.gov Library of Congress

This site will not maintain formatting.

Open mouth, insert foot, chew vigorously. FOOL

*crickets*

You're a fucking idiot:

Immigration reform bill 2013 Senate passes legislation 68-32 - POLITICO.com

Just because the senate passed it doesn't mean Reid ever sent it to the House.

Last recorded action on the bill was the following:

Date Chamber Action

12/10/2014 Senate Committee on the Judiciary. Hearings held.
Type of Action: Committee Consideration
Action By: Senate Judiciary

Actions - S.744 - 113th Congress 2013-2014 Border Security Economic Opportunity and Immigration Modernization Act Congress.gov Library of Congress

This site will not maintain formatting.

Open mouth, insert foot, chew vigorously. FOOL

And we're to believe that if Reid sent the bill to the House (he did)....The House would've passed it? Really now? After what just happened when Boehner couldn't even get 217 votes to fund the DHS for three weeks. Really?

Forum List

Back