Boehner Agrees To Trade Tax Rate Hikes For Entitlement Savings. Obama Says, Thanks Fo

Both predictions turned out to be true.

Until they turn out to be not true.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

Ah, the 16 TRILLIONS! Only, as you might have said, the history didn't start in 2008.

Federal Debt held by public as % of GDP:

fredgraph.png

I am sorry, but you are a cretin. Do you realize that even if the government stops spending on everything except national security, Medicare, Medicaid and Social Secuirity we would still be running deficits?

Do you really believe that spending on DOD or Medicare constitutes communism, and you don't want that?

If you think we have spending problem, can you answer a simple question -- what government program is unnecessary and can be eliminated? Or what else the government can do to save -- where are those billions in wasteful spending the right-wingers keep lying about?

That, BTW, is the question that Obama and democrats keep asking Republicans -- but they won't answer.

We need to restructure medicare, medicaid, social security, welfare programs and cut military spending.

Restructure how?

You don't have an answer to that and neither has the guy in that YouTube clip. Yet you still keep repeating, like a broken gramophone, that the government spends way too much.

The guy in YouTube gives a hint -- rethink the role of government he says, by which he means, as anyone can easily guess, what all other right-wingers dream of, although most are afraid to admit. They want to dismantle all social programs, period.

They -- and you, my friend -- think that the government has no business caring for our elderly and disabled, or, God forbid, helping the low income earners with food and basic necessities.

And anyone who disagrees with you on that is a communist, pure and simple.

They need to be restructured in a way that encourages the person receiving said benefits from getting off them - not becoming dependent.

As to how, exactly? Put restrictions on how long a person can receive benefits, instate mandatory drug testing for unemployment, ect..

If your unemployment is about to run out, you will find a job. It may not be a pretty job, or a job you enjoy. But you will find one.

And as far as the elderly and disabled go? Those are the ones we should take care of the most. I have no problem paying more taxes so that those people will be taken care of.

The GOP has yet to identify any "savings".

Obama owns the tax "hikes"..which is what he ran on.

If the GOP wants entitlement cuts they should put out EXACTLY what they want to cut.

And own that.

Okay....I'll play...what are the spending cuts offered by Obama...exactly? That's what I thought

Play all you want.

The Obama administration cut nearly a trillion dollars from entitlements over the last couple of years. Romney called it "stealing from medicare".

Well now they can do the "identifying".

Like I posted, Obama ran on the tax hikes...and owns them.
Moving money to another program is not a cut.

That kind of makes you a liar, doesn't it?

We need to restructure medicare, medicaid, social security, welfare programs and cut military spending.

Restructure how?

You don't have an answer to that and neither has the guy in that YouTube clip. Yet you still keep repeating, like a broken gramophone, that the government spends way too much.

The guy in YouTube gives a hint -- rethink the role of government he says, by which he means, as anyone can easily guess, what all other right-wingers dream of, although most are afraid to admit. They want to dismantle all social programs, period.

They -- and you, my friend -- think that the government has no business caring for our elderly and disabled, or, God forbid, helping the low income earners with food and basic necessities.

And anyone who disagrees with you on that is a communist, pure and simple.

They need to be restructured in a way that encourages the person receiving said benefits from getting off them - not becoming dependent.

As to how, exactly? Put restrictions on how long a person can receive benefits, instate mandatory drug testing for unemployment, ect..

If your unemployment is about to run out, you will find a job. It may not be a pretty job, or a job you enjoy. But you will find one.

And as far as the elderly and disabled go? Those are the ones we should take care of the most. I have no problem paying more taxes so that those people will be taken care of.

Well, here is a news for you. We need more taxes in the long run just to maintain our defense and care for elderly and disabled. If only because of aging population and new medical treatments that prolong people's lives -- sometimes at substantial cost.

Helping the poor consumes far less money, and most of it is not a welfare -- rather it is help to the working poor.

Bottom line, there is not much we can do to cut spending. Eventually we will have to rise taxes.

I say give it to him and let 'em own it. Rand Paul has the right idea:

Rand Paul: Voting Present On Tax Hikes Would Be Better For GOP | RealClearPolitics

I agree.

Give that fuck and his pack of Dem idiots anything they want.

Let the Bush tax cuts expire and get the tax rate back to where it was before the tax breaks. Of course asshole in the WH won't do that. He only wants to raise taxes on 200K, 250K and up. Won't get him anything but he sure will feel good about raising the're taxes and of course the rich have to pay "the're fair share." Watch the economy take off like a rocket. NOT.

When the whole thing crashs, and it will, guess who will be at the helm??

Yup. Barry, the lefty loon, and his pack of incompetent boobs and if I were the Reps I'd be pointing that out in every speech made.

I say give it to him and let 'em own it. Rand Paul has the right idea:

Rand Paul: Voting Present On Tax Hikes Would Be Better For GOP | RealClearPolitics

I agree.

Give that fuck and his pack of Dem idiots anything they want.

What a brilliant idea -- give Obama what he wants!

Of course Republicans can't do that because the ensuing economic recovery would expose them for frauds that they are.

So even if they can't prevent Obama from fixing the budget, at the very least they need to have their fingerprints on the deal.

With this compromise the GOP has infact shown good faith in trying to deal with the problem. If the media is honest they will have to report it and it would bode well going into next year when we do go over the cliff.
It can't be reported just as the GOP obstructionists.
People DO want the rich to pay more, but they also want less spending, so the ball may very well be in Obama's court.
Hear, hear!

I hope America works together and creates opportunities for a balanced budget and for Obama to realize he can still do as he promised before if he has the courage to back himself up. I hope he at least tries a little harder:

[ame=http://youtu.be/SaQUU2ZL6D8]Obama will cut deficit in half FEB 2009 - YouTube[/ame]

Considering his first year in office, he was handed a yearly debt of 1.45 TRILLION and this year, it's barely over 1 TRILLION, he has cut it by nearly a third. It this rate, by the third year of this term, he will begin lowering the national debt that was given to him by Republicans and their unpaid for wars and tax cuts and subsidies for corporations.

Forum List

Back