Boehner admits Obamacare should be fixed, not replaced.

The GOP has painted themselves in a corner regarding ACA. They are now forming up a circular firing squad. After all these years of outrage about the evil Obamacare, they can't back down now. Frankly, I think it is hilarious, and always look forward to Ryan trying to explain why their plan, which would leave 23 million without health insurance, and would have less benefits, is better!
I think I can answer this question. You only need to drop the fatsos, then you have instantaneously fixed the entire ACA balance sheet. It will even be affordable after that. Then the fatsos can go back to the private insurance market and sponsor the old system there.

ACA is the law, all plans are written by insurance companies. There was not a government health insurance plan.

That's the irony of it. Most of ACA was designed the insurance companies. We're letting corporations write the laws. What a fucking mess.

Nope, you still don't understand, the govt came up with the Law and the insurance companies had to design plans to comply with the law. It was the insurance companies that came up with the mandate or they wouldn't play.

America. THE most incarcerated and surveilled population in the history of empire, with the shittiest, most expensive and inefficient healthcare system on the planet amongst advanced post industrial nations. We choose to occupy the planet to further the interests of Wall Street and the "job creator" class instead.

Sure, Matt

The GOP has painted themselves in a corner regarding ACA. They are now forming up a circular firing squad. After all these years of outrage about the evil Obamacare, they can't back down now. Frankly, I think it is hilarious, and always look forward to Ryan trying to explain why their plan, which would leave 23 million without health insurance, and would have less benefits, is better!
I think I can answer this question. You only need to drop the fatsos, then you have instantaneously fixed the entire ACA balance sheet. It will even be affordable after that. Then the fatsos can go back to the private insurance market and sponsor the old system there.

ACA is the law, all plans are written by insurance companies. There was not a government health insurance plan.

That's the irony of it. Most of ACA was designed the insurance companies. We're letting corporations write the laws. What a fucking mess.

Nope, you still don't understand, the govt came up with the Law and the insurance companies had to design plans to comply with the law. It was the insurance companies that came up with the mandate or they wouldn't play.

Are you really that naive?
Obamacare architect leaves White House for pharmaceutical industry job | Glenn Greenwald

The best Democrats could come up with was a bad Republican plan?

No, the best Democrats can come up with is single payer, but because Conservatives are married to their dogma we are prevented from getting it.

There are only two ways our health insurance industry can go from here:

1. Back to what it was before, where pre-existing conditions caused some people to have prohibitively high premiums and deductibles

or

2. Single payer

There are no other paths forward on insurance reform. That's it. Obamacare does something really well; it exposes how extraneous, pointless, and expensive private health insurance is. Without pre-existing conditions, there is no sustainable business model for private insurance. That's why it needs to be abolished completely and replaced with single payer.

Obamacare architect leaves White House for pharmaceutical industry job | Glenn Greenwald
Is the pharmaceutical company now an insurance company?

No, the best Democrats can come up with is single payer, but because Conservatives are married to their dogma we are prevented from getting it.

Nope. Doesn't fly. No Republicans voted for ACA. Democrats got exactly what they wanted
There are only two ways our health insurance industry can go from here ...
There is always more than "two ways".

Last edited:
Nope. Doesn't fly. No Republicans voted for ACA. Democrats got exactly what they wanted.

Yes, they got Obamacare which shows everyone how stupid, useless, and pointless private insurance is. Now, you guys have had 7 years to come up with a replacement and you got nothing. That means you're either a bunch of bullshitting liars, or you're just a bunch of lazy fucks.

Not sure which is the better choice there...

Nope. Doesn't fly. No Republicans voted for ACA. Democrats got exactly what they wanted.

Yes, they got Obamacare which shows everyone how stupid, useless, and pointless private insurance is.

It shows us how stupid, useless and pointless it is to force people to buy it.

Now, you guys have had 7 years to come up with a replacement and you got nothing. That means you're either a bunch of bullshitting liars, or you're just a bunch of lazy fucks.

Not sure which is the better choice there...

I'm not a Republican. I'd never vote Republican because, as you're pointing out here, they're just as bad as the Democrats.

Is the pharmaceutical company now an insurance company?

Did you read the article? Do you think Glenn Greenwald would just make it up? How about Bill Moyers?

Washington’s Revolving Door Is Hazardous to Our Health | BillMoyers.com

Too bad for Democrats, Boehner's opinion means nothing.

Actually, less than nothing.

:rofl:

I love how liberals are constantly posting about RINOs like they're making some kind of point. It's like they slept through the midterms and the presidential election.

What percentage of the Republicans in Congress are 'RINOs', in your estimation?

It shows us how stupid, useless and pointless it is to force people to buy it.

People cannot afford the cost of health care on their own. That is why they collectively pool their money together and providers are reimbursed from that pool. Everyone is going to need health care at some point in their lives. All we are talking about is enrolling everyone in Medicare, doing away with all other forms of insurance, doing away with private insurance, and saving us nearly half of the cost in the process while putting more money in the hands of most consumers. Right now, according to the Kaiser Family Foundation, it costs about $17K a year to insure a single worker. Of that $17K, the worker pays about $5K and the business pays $12K. For a business of 50 employees, that cost could run about $600K. Under Sanders' single payer, Medicare-for-all proposal, workers would no longer pay premiums, deductibles, co-pay, co-insurance, drug costs, ambulance rides, etc. Instead, they would pay a flat 6.2% of their income and that would be their premium. The average wage in this country is about $53K a year, so $53K x 6.2% = $3,286 a year. Now is $3,286 > or < $5,000? Likewise, a business of 50 employees would have to generate about $10M in profit in order to pay the same for health care they pay right now. And very few, if any, small businesses even clear $1M in profit a year. Those that do are hedge funds, in which case fuck those guys anyway. So clearly, a Medicare-for-all system makes the most economic sense for businesses and workers. Plus, no more Obamacare. No more Medicaid. No more S-Chip. No more private insurance. No more Medicare supplemental plans. A streamlined, single payer that handles all reimbursement that can use its leverage as the single payer in the marketplace to play providers and drug companies off one another for cheaper fees, rather than vice-versa as it is right now.

ItI'm not a Republican. I'd never vote Republican because, as you're pointing out here, they're just as bad as the Democrats.

Oh right, the Conservative who isn't a Conservative. LOL! Heard that one before. You're not Conservative or Republican, you just kind of find yourself agreeing with them on everything, you espouse their stupid positions, you willfully believe everything they say. But you're not one of them. LOL! You expect me to believe that? In my experience, those who try to equate Republicans with Democrats are self-loathing Conservatives who just don't want to be held to account for all the shit they sipped up over the years.

Have some fucking dignity, dude. Own your fuckups.

LOL! Depends what day of the week it is. Conservatives love to move the goalposts when a fellow Conservative employs Conservative rhetoric and policies, and those policies inevitably fail...only after they have failed do Conservatives say they weren't Conservative at all.

That's why they all say Bush isn't a Conservative, even though he clearly was, and the reason he was so terrible was because he pushed Conservative shit through.

Too bad for Democrats, Boehner's opinion means nothing.

Actually, less than nothing.

:rofl:

I love how liberals are constantly posting about RINOs like they're making some kind of point. It's like they slept through the midterms and the presidential election.

To come to an accurate count I'd have to go through voting records of all of them....not gonna happen.
But the obvious ones are Boner,McCain,McConnell,Graham the list goes on.

Or you could do a Google search to get a more complete list.
CR Top 25 Rinos

But the Repubs are power hungry and will screw the country, rather than admit the ACA will work well if amended.

Problem is because Obamacare was their plan, they have no ideas to improve it to make it better.

There are plenty ideas. Unless you live on Mars, you should knows the Repubs are in charge. They don't want the Dems to get credit for an Obama fix.

Just another example of the GOP Party over Country. But their days are numbers, along with the Comrade's.

People cannot afford the cost of health care on their own. That is why they collectively pool their money together and providers are reimbursed from that pool.

That's fine with me. I don't think it's the best way to go, but if people want to try that, I don't mind. What I have an issue with is that some people (especially people who run insurance companies) think that the problem is that their pool isn't big enough. And they're trying to use government to force the rest of us to join their preferred plan(s). It's corporatist horse-trading, and the worst sort of government.

ItI'm not a Republican. I'd never vote Republican because, as you're pointing out here, they're just as bad as the Democrats.

Oh right, the Conservative who isn't a Conservative. LOL! Heard that one before. You're not Conservative or Republican, you just kind of find yourself agreeing with them on everything, you espouse their stupid positions, you willfully believe everything they say. But you're not one of them. LOL! You expect me to believe that? In my experience, those who try to equate Republicans with Democrats are self-loathing Conservatives who just don't want to be held to account for all the shit they sipped up over the years.

Where in the world did you get the idea that I agree with, and believe, everything Republicans say? Are you sure you don't have me mixed up with another poster?

Last edited:

There are only two ways our health insurance industry can go from here:

1. Back to what it was before, where pre-existing conditions caused some people to have prohibitively high premiums and deductibles

or

2. Single payer

There are no other paths forward on insurance reform. That's it. Obamacare does something really well; it exposes how extraneous, pointless, and expensive private health insurance is. Without pre-existing conditions, there is no sustainable business model for private insurance. That's why it needs to be abolished completely and replaced with single payer.
IT may be the best Democrats can come up with, but that means they think the worst possible system is the best.

People cannot afford the cost of health care on their own. That is why they collectively pool their money together and providers are reimbursed from that pool.

That's fine with me. I don't think it's the best way to go, but if people want to try that, I don't mind. What I have an issue with is that some people (especially people who run insurance companies) think that the problem is that their pool isn't big enough. And they're trying to use government to force the rest of us to join their preferred plan(s). It's corporatist horse-trading, and the worst sort of government.

Where in the world did you get the idea that I agree with, and believe, everything Republicans say? Are you sure you don't have me mixed up with another poster?

I have to ask...
Where did you get these posts from because it wasnt from this thread.

I have to ask...

Fixed. (thanks for the heads up!).

I have to ask...

Fixed. (thanks for the heads up!).

You did it twice?

Forum List

Back