Body Piercing

Do You Have a Body Piercing?

• Total voters
I have my ears pierced. Tattoos are more my speed.

But I have seen some tastefully done piercings.

To each their own.

I had a nose piercing and a belly button piercing. My ears have been pierced since I was a baby. The nose piercing came out when I went for a job and the belly button piercing came out when I was pregnant.

I wasn't old enough for the Punk rock subculture so when it came back around I got them then.

I don't care what other people do, not my problem. Although, it's pretty funny when I meet up with someone now and they have piercings and have this-"What? I'm a rebel." attitude. It takes everything I have not to say-pfftt...you don't know the half of it.

I can't decide of which is creepier: tattoos or body piercings.

At least with body piercings (except for those ear lobe stretching things), when you wake up one day and find you made a stupid mistake, you can pull out all the bits of metal you attached to yourself and maybe things will go back to normal.

But with tattoos, you're more or less stuck with them for life.

At least with body piercings (except for those ear lobe stretching things), when you wake up one day and find you made a stupid mistake, you can pull out all the bits of metal you attached to yourself and maybe things will go back to normal.

There is such a thing as tattoo removal.

tattoos and piercings are horridly ugly. They simply are. Remember in Pirates of the Caribbean, they were stranded on the island with the crazy people with bones shoved in every part of their bodies, sticking out in all directions.

You remember what you did when you saw them? You laughed, didn't you? Right.

Why? Because it was ugly and funny. Same thing.

When the movies do something because they know it's funny... that's a hint. Society knows what is ridiculous and funny.

Years ago I pulled up into a fast food joint, and the girl at the window was facing the register, I assume taking an order. I thought she was a nice looking chick. Then she turned to me, and on the side of her nose, was a massive metal booger. Big ol booger. To this day, I have no idea what she looks like. No idea what hair color, eyes, anything. I can only remember that big ol metal booger.

That's sad, when people distract from their natural good looks, to cover themselves with ugly metal boogers and crap. No value to that whatsoever.

I was never a big fan of butchering one's self.... but the thing that ended it for me, was years ago there was a youtube video of a guy who got struck by lighting, and every single piercing in his body melted to the flesh which burned, and he had many many piercings.

The guy was absolutely a mess. Just a total wreck of a human being from that. The medics had to tear him up to remove all the metal that had melted to him.

I have no idea what that video clip was called, or if it is still somewhere on youtube... but seeing that guy all torn up... how anyone can think "Oh I'll shove this lighting rod through my eye brow, and it will look good" after seeing that video.... beyond me. Some people just crazy.

There's this singing group I listen to, and the girl in the group, for whatever insane reason, decided to get one of those metal rods shoved through her eyebrow. Well it got infected of course, and they had a video shoot going on. So there she is, in the video, with one eye half swollen shut.

How is this a plus? Does anyone anywhere, think she looks more attractive with that metal rod shoved in her face? Eye half shut? There must be someone that is attracted to that, but I question it...

There's this singing group I listen to, and the girl in the group, for whatever insane reason, decided to get one of those metal rods shoved through her eyebrow. Well it got infected of course, and they had a video shoot going on. So there she is, in the video, with one eye half swollen shut.

How is this a plus? Does anyone anywhere, think she looks more attractive with that metal rod shoved in her face? Eye half shut? There must be someone that is attracted to that, but I question it...

Eyebrow piercings can be incredibly sexy on the right person, but you've gotta keep them clean.

I used to have a ring through my eyebrow but stopped wearing it when I was teaching Kempo. Then I got it pierced again with a small horozontal barbell and wore it that way for a few years. I never got any infection.

Forum List

Back