Body Language

What became very clear out of this debate. Obama really does not do well without that teleprompter.

What was remarkable on the economic crisis: Jim Leher continually asked what they were going to have to cut out of their expenditures in the budget to handle this 700 billion dollar bailout.

I]

Obama did brillianty without a teleprompter. He presented facts at the right time to discount what John said, time and time again, and 'John' couldn't say anything, he just kept coming back with the same, unqualified opinions on Obama, which really don't mean much.

Economic crisis: McCain didn't come up with anything either!!

McCain is full of crap in everything he does, and it is exemplified in his body language, as an inauthentic and disengenuine display of rhetoric and childhood like tactics to try to put down Obama, and not deal with world problems like an adult. On this level, you look at your opponent. It's good 'sportsmanship.' It made him look like an a-hole, and I hope the American people are smart enough to understand just what went on here. Of course, Americans believe what they want, to make themselves feel better. Hence, you have the existence of McCain supporters, and republicans in general. I hope to God Obama wins, or else we're all in serious, serious trouble, and so are generations to come.

Last edited:
You should be shocked. That same Pew poll I mentioned above shows that 39% of Fox viewers are Republicans and 33% are Democrats. Republicans are slightly overrepresented and Democrats slightly underrepresented - but nowhere NEAR the level as it exists with MSNBC viewers where Democrats are significantly overrepresented and Republicans pathetically represented.

MSNBC isn't a news channel anyone watches who expects unbiased reporting -mainly because MSNBC doesn't even pretend to be. Their audience is one of the most heavily liberal leaning with liberals way overrepresented beyond their numbers in the general public - and MSNBC caters to them. It was a deliberate managerial decision to do so. If you are looking to get your own liberal views validated while making sure you don't "have" to hear anything from any other point of view or at least not without watching interviewers blatantly kissing Democrat ass -you got the right channel for you then. Just not sure I'd bother calling it news instead of an outreach Obama campaign rally though.

Are you still selling that tired media bias bullshit? :eusa_boohoo:

Oh, and McCain didn't interrupt the actual proctor of the debate to put in his little comments about being a Prisoner of War and whining about veterans?

I'm pretty sure Obama has the right to interrupt when McCain is saying things that aren't true about Obama's own personal opinion. In fact, McCain was really foolish to try to determine so many other people's opinions, such as General Petreus. He literally said "This is exactly what he would think of what you're saying."

And Obama hardly raised his voice. McCain was being childish by slipping in pointless arguments at the end of a lead discussion anyways.

And Obama's fame goes so far beyond his ability to speak well. I don't know, it might have to do with what he's actually saying.

do you honestly think Obama was more qualified than Hilary...do you think he won soley on his policies?

I think it was motivation..not qualification

Man, this thread just tells me that people have their minds focused on one thing: the other candidate sucked. So many people fail to see the upsides of both sides, and fail to see the downsides of their own. Typical American single-mindedness.

They both argued very well. McCain's biggest issue was they he didn't own up to anything Obama said, he didn't mention a single word about his cutting taxes for the wealthy, he wasted time telling little stories about how he was a POW and how much "experience" he has and trying to make it look like he's more liberal than Obama with clean energy and tax cuts. Not to mention he states things about Obama's own opinions and policies that aren't true.

Obama's problems I guess were that he...interrupted his opponent when his opponent was giving misinformation, which he normally does. I'm not seeing many other arguments against Obama in this thread, or anywhere else. I tend to just hear "He's stupid, he sucks, he has no experience, he lost the debate." All the things that are being clinged too as failures are completely irrelevant and childish. Please prove me wrong, I'm open to seeing honestly how Obama did poorly in this debate.

McCain seeemed hooked on saying "Senator Obama doesn't understand...",
probably the same phrase he's been saying to Palin all month long.

do you honestly think Obama was more qualified than Hilary...do you think he won soley on his policies?

I think it was motivation..not qualification
It's more than that. It has to do with his qualities as a human being who is capable of leading. I'd much rather have Obama who is clearly able to inspire the people, and can do everything Hilary can if not more, than her, who won't stray much from the normal path of Washington politics, and completely makes her own femininity illegitimate by acting more cold than most men.

Obama won for a reason. Experience isn't everything, if George W. Bush is an example of anything. And let's not even mention the old hat argument of the choice of Governor Palin.

It's more than that. It has to do with his qualities as a human being who is capable of leading. I'd much rather have Obama who is clearly able to inspire the people, and can do everything Hilary can if not more, than her, who won't stray much from the normal path of Washington politics, and completely makes her own femininity illegitimate by acting more cold than most men.

Obama won for a reason. Experience isn't everything, if George W. Bush is an example of anything. And let's not even mention the old hat argument of the choice of Governor Palin.

Experience isn't everything.
but neither is motivation.

The motivational train can only run on hopes and dreams so long before some experience is required...

Experience isn't everything.
but neither is motivation.

The motivational train can only run on hopes and dreams so long before some experience is required...
I think how strongly he held the debate tonight has proven that he knows what the hell he's doing. And...maybe the fact that he is the candidate and Hilary is not. This "Experience" argument has run out of gas, and it's pointless to even discuss. It means nothing in the long run if you actually understand the psychosocial context of what a "leader" is, what the president is, and who can succeed in these positions.

I think how strongly he held the debate tonight has proven that he knows what the hell he's doing. And...maybe the fact that he is the candidate and Hilary is not. This "Experience" argument has run out of gas, and it's pointless to even discuss. It means nothing in the long run if you actually understand the psychosocial context of what a "leader" is, what the president is, and who can succeed in these positions.

Don't get me wrong, I believe Obama has a certain amount of experience...

I just think that the majority of it was gained while campaigning for president.

:lol:

Don't get me wrong, I believe Obama has a certain amount of experience...

I just think that the majority of it was gained while campaigning for president.

:lol:
Well, we're going to have some "fundamental differences in opinion" when you think that matters and it doesn't actually matter.

George.
W.
Bush.
Was president of the United States.
And in comparison to Barack Obama, or even McCain.
George.
W.
Bush.
Is a squirrel.

Forum List

Back