Bobcat kills 120 pound pit bull

The Bobcat (Lynx rufus)?Another Pleistocene Survivor | GeorgiaBeforePeople

The dog owner went outside to try to drive away the cat with a broom, but the cat chased her back inside her trailer.

as a kid my mom and her sisters had a bobcat as a pet

dad said the cat was very protective

They do make excellent pets, do bobcats — if you snatch them when they're three to four weeks old.

And best of luck to you if you meet their mothers when you do that. :badgrin:

Raise one right, and it may actually be so domesticated that it'll be afraid to go outside alone by the time it's fully grown.

They are very precious, gentle animals if they are raised right.

I, too, know this from experience: I used to have a pet bobcat. (R.I.P. Lillianne.)

What's beautiful about both the bobcat and the mountain lion is that—unlike most of the big cats—they both know how to purr.

Aside from them, the only other big cat who (not that; cats are people, too) can purr is a cheetah.

God bless 'em all, the cats. I've never met a breed, size or species whom I haven't liked. :thup:

Last edited:
The Bobcat (Lynx rufus)?Another Pleistocene Survivor | GeorgiaBeforePeople

The dog owner went outside to try to drive away the cat with a broom, but the cat chased her back inside her trailer.

as a kid my mom and her sisters had a bobcat as a pet

dad said the cat was very protective

They do make excellent pets, do bobcats — if you snatch them when they're three to four weeks old.

And best of luck to you if you meet their mothers when you do that. :badgrin:

Raise one right, and it may actually be so domesticated that it'll be afraid to go outside alone by the time it's fully grown.

They are very precious, gentle animals if they are raised right.

I, too, know this from experience: I used to have a pet bobcat. (R.I.P. Lillianne.)

What's beautiful about both the bobcat and the mountain lion is that—unlike most of the big cats—they both know how to purr.

Aside from them, the only other big cat who (not that; cats are people, too) can purr is a cheetah.

God bless 'em all, the cats. I've never met a breed, size or species whom I haven't liked. :thup:

This reminds me of what people say about my Dingo. The idea that "wild" animals cannot be tamed. When you get them young, they may turn out to be the best companions. Athena - in my avie - is the best dog I've ever been around. There is nothing even remotely wild about her. Now the Aussie -Greyhound pup we have, SHE is wild....

This reminds me of what people say about my Dingo. The idea that "wild" animals cannot be tamed. When you get them young, they may turn out to be the best companions. Athena - in my avie - is the best dog I've ever been around. There is nothing even remotely wild about her. Now the Aussie -Greyhound pup we have, SHE is wild....

Yep. :thup:

It's very possible to domesticate a mountain lion, and let it run around inside your house.

Key to that is, you'd better have a pretty durned big house, because you wouldn't be being very kind to that critter if you put him/ her into a small, confined space.

Yep. :thup:

It's very possible to domesticate a mountain lion, and let it run around inside your house.

Key to that is, you'd better have a pretty durned big house, because you wouldn't be being very kind to that critter if you put him/ her into a small, confined space.

after ringo passes away

we plan to make our next pet a bobcat

my mom and her sisters had one

when they were kids

Wild animals belong in the wild. If we really "love" them, we work to save their habitat and share our planet with them. IMO.

Very cool video - as it says, these are "real men".

BTW, this is illegal in most states so if you do it, keep your identity to yourself.

Wild animals belong in the wild. If we really "love" them, we work to save their habitat and share our planet with them. IMO.

BTW, this is illegal in most states so if you do it, keep your identity to yourself.

My Dingo is not considered a "wild" animal, but an exotic pet. I had to get a permit, and I pay a bond for her to cover any potential liability.

She is convinced that she belongs on the couch.

You are an animal hater in general, so you really wouldn't grasp the bond between people and pets.

That had to be either one mighty hungry Bobcat, or it had rabies, which isn't that uncommon, being it normally would eat an infected raccoon, even eat a dead raccoon or other animal that dies from the disease.

Oh cats will definitely kill dogs. They don't have to have rabies....but where did the infected raccoon come in? I guess I should read the story. I was too busy tripping on the number of idiots who claim to keep wild animals as pets.

Oh cats will definitely kill dogs. They don't have to have rabies....but where did the infected raccoon come in? I guess I should read the story. I was too busy tripping on the number of idiots who claim to keep wild animals as pets.
But didn't you say you have kept or do keep exotic birds?

That had to be either one mighty hungry Bobcat, or it had rabies, which isn't that uncommon, being it normally would eat an infected raccoon, even eat a dead raccoon or other animal that dies from the disease.

Hard to tell what you're trying to say here but animals don't have some magical sense telling what is harmful to eat.

If they did, we wouldn't have to watch for harmful things our pets eat.

OTOH, possums are considered to be resistant to rabies, as are rodents and lagomorphs. And, last I knew, there has only been one confirmed case of rabies in squirrels.

Of greater concern with raccoons is the roundworm they carry that can be fatal to humans.

the bobcat will be domesticated

and have a wonderful life

Attachments

• cats.jpeg
    cats.jpeg
    432.8 KB · Views: 21
If you are ever out hunting or walking in the woods and hear the distinct screech of a bobcat in the brush.

You need to get the hell out of there because a bobcat will tear you a new one. .. :eek:
Being out in the woods and smelling cat piss is not a good feeling. It brings goosebumps and chills. Here, it's more likely a panther.

They range like 70 miles.

Forum List

Back