Bobby Jindal Rediscovers Federal Government With Oil Spill, Asks For Help

If Jindal were President,he would have handled this terrible disaster much better than this current President has. His response has been agonizingly slow & inept. When did this explosion happen? Now he's sending in SWAT to fix things? Yea SWAT will stop that leak. If our MSM wasn't so blatantly corrupt and dominated by Liberals,they would be pointing this stuff out as well. I'm sure if a Republican was in there,the CNN's,NBC's,and NY Times would have already blamed the White House for this tragedy. This thing is much much worse than this White House and the MSM have told the people. It's very sad.

BP can't stop their own leak? That's not what they originally told the Administration. And btw, why is BP drilling somewhere and in a manner that they can't cope with the consequences if an accident occurs?
Why they should pay for this ultimately but accidents can occur anywhere, why, just a few years ago, I slipped in my own bathtub:eek:

[ Regulations are feel good acts, they have never prevented a single catastrophe from happening.

You've emerged as a crackpot. There's never been an offshore drill rig explosion and spill in any area where offshore drilling, by regulation, was prohibited. lol, so you're wrong.

If Jindal were President,he would have handled this terrible disaster much better than this current President has. His response has been agonizingly slow & inept. When did this explosion happen? Now he's sending in SWAT to fix things? Yea SWAT will stop that leak. If our MSM wasn't so blatantly corrupt and dominated by Liberals,they would be pointing this stuff out as well. I'm sure if a Republican was in there,the CNN's,NBC's,and NY Times would have already blamed the White House for this tragedy. This thing is much much worse than this White House and the MSM have told the people. It's very sad.

BP can't stop their own leak? That's not what they originally told the Administration. And btw, why is BP drilling somewhere and in a manner that they can't cope with the consequences if an accident occurs?
Why they should pay for this ultimately but accidents can occur anywhere, why, just a few years ago, I slipped in my own bathtub:eek:

Besides, I thought "conservatives" were all about personal responsibility????:eusa_shhh:

Blaming BP is obviously justifiable but that doesn't absolve this White House from their terribly incompetent handling of this calamity. Is sending in SWAT really gonna stop the leak? Way way too little too late. Jindal has worked hard and has led while this President was busy working on his Golf game. If you're going to criticize Jindal,then you should also be prepared to heavily criticize your Hopey Changey. Jindal has shown much more leadership on this than your Hopey Changey has. That's just how i see it anyway.

What is perhaps the greatest ecological catastrophe any of us have ever seen in this country and it boils down to nothing more that fodder for more political hackery from the usual USMB suspects. It may well be time for some to step back and gain a little perspective.

What is perhaps the greatest ecological catastrophe any of us have ever seen in this country and it boils down to nothing more that fodder for more political hackery from the usual USMB suspects. It may well be time for some to step back and gain a little perspective.

Well, this is a "political" discussion board afterall.

[ Regulations are feel good acts, they have never prevented a single catastrophe from happening.

You've emerged as a crackpot. There's never been an offshore drill rig explosion and spill in any area where offshore drilling, by regulation, was prohibited. lol, so you're wrong.

Offshore prohibition must be the answer then, what do you do, fart into your gas tank to get enough energy to propel yourself where your going?:lol:

Very true, Mr. C, very true. Considering this fact, I suppose it is too much to expect that some topics could rise above the partisan bullshit...

Mr. Jindal has handled this awful disaster far more competently than the President has. Sending in SWAT?? This White House really has f*cked this one up. God help the people of the Gulf Coast.

As he should.....

The 10th Amendment says this is a State issue....why should the rest of us have to pay to bail out Jindal?

The founding fathers would be appalled

when one engages in hazardous endeavors one is generally strictly liable for damages they cause. why should the government pay to clean up a mess made by a private corporation?

Technically, the wind blowing the oil from the gulf, into the USA is causing the problem.

:eusa_whistle:

Very true, Mr. C, very true. Considering this fact, I suppose it is too much to expect that some topics could rise above the partisan bullshit...

Clearly, your vacation from partisan bullshit wasn't long enough.

As an American, I would normally be inclined to help my fellow citizens out in times of trouble. But the discussions here over the last few months have made me realize that upholding the original intent of the Constitution is more important than helping out Americans in need.

Those States who have been wrapping their arms around the 10th Amendment have made it clear that they do not want their States Rights violated. I think we should all abide by Bobby Jindals wishes

when one engages in hazardous endeavors one is generally strictly liable for damages they cause. why should the government pay to clean up a mess made by a private corporation?

Technically, the wind blowing the oil from the gulf, into the USA is causing the problem.

HOLY SHIT! That's some funny stuff. Now hear this! Samson, in an ever increasing state of denial now wants to blame this disaster on the WIND! Of course this has NOTHING to do with BP's obvious lack of preparedness to handle an OIL SPILL....

They should get the bill, I think if a corporation wants the benefits then they should accept the responsibilities, that would make for a good thread.

No amount of money in the World is going to fix the awful damage done by BP. BP execs should probably be arrested. As we speak,the leak is still gushing toxic chemicals into the ocean. Much of the damage wont ever be seen by humans. Much of the carnage is going to take place deep down in the ocean. Wildlife is going to virtually disappear in the coming years. What will that do to the local fishermen. Not to mention the toxic chemicals that will be coming ashore any day now. This carnage is almost impossible for us to fathom. Money isn't going to fix this. Nothing's going to fix this. It's time to take the extra step and arrest BP execs. BP should also be booted from our country. None of that's likely to happen though. There is no silver lining on this one folks. It is what it is.

Last edited:

As an American, I would normally be inclined to help my fellow citizens out in times of trouble. But the discussions here over the last few months have made me realize that upholding the original intent of the Constitution is more important than helping out Americans in need.

Those States who have been wrapping their arms around the 10th Amendment have made it clear that they do not want their States Rights violated. I think we should all abide by Bobby Jindals wishes

:clap2:

What comes around, goes around, biatches.

HOLY SHIT! That's some funny stuff. Now hear this! Samson, in an ever increasing state of denial now wants to blame this disaster on the WIND! Of course this has NOTHING to do with BP's obvious lack of preparedness to handle an OIL SPILL....

I don't suppose I should mention it, but the dinosaurs could have picked an inland location to die.

Damn short sighted of them.

No amount of money in the World is going to fix the awful damage done by BP. BP execs should probably be arrested. As we speak,the leak is still gushing toxic chemicals into the ocean. Much of the damage wont ever be seen by humans. Much of the carnage is going to take place deep down in the ocean. Wildlife is going to virtually disappear in the coming years. What will that do to the local fishermen. Not to mention the toxic chemicals that will be coming ashore any day now. This carnage is almost impossible for us to fathom. Money isn't going to fix this. Nothing's going to fix this. It's time to take the extra step and arrest BP execs. BP should also booted from our country. None of that's likely to happen though. There is no silver lining on this one folks. It is what it is.

You DO realize that oil floats on top of water, right?:eusa_eh:

I don't suppose I should mention it, but the dinosaurs could have picked an inland location to die.

Damn short sighted of them.

Yeah...and thanks for that warning of "owning" me....

Forum List

Back