Bob Ross is a fucking genius

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
I bought one of his DVD learn to paint deals some time back. It ended up on a shelf for awhile but after buying the needed supplies I decided to give it a go.

I made a lot of happy accidents but more importantly that man is just what the Dr ordered for a sleepless nights. He makes a better sleeping aid than a paint teacher! Put him on and 15 minutes later.....out like a light!

I bought one of his DVD learn to paint deals some time back. It ended up on a shelf for awhile but after buying the needed supplies I decided to give it a go.

I made a lot of happy accidents but more importantly that man is just what the Dr ordered for a sleepless nights. He makes a better sleeping aid than a paint teacher! Put him on and 15 minutes later.....out like a light!

His series is on Netflix now Gramps. He was awesome.
Yeah right after buying his DVD I found out his shows are on YouTube. 22 seasons so far. It's like an endless bottle of sleeping pills. He's on Twitch tv all the time too.

Shame he died
Yup. A couple of the paintings from his episodes are on e-bay right now. If I had $20,000 to spare, I'd have one hanging over my mantle right now.

• Banned
Yeah right after buying his DVD I found out his shows are on YouTube. 22 seasons so far. It's like an endless bottle of sleeping pills. He's on Twitch tv all the time too.

Shame he died
Yup. A couple of the paintings from his episodes are on e-bay right now. If I had $20,000 to spare, I'd have one hanging over my mantle right now.
Have you tried painting along with him? It's not as hard as one would think. I have two so far. Water is my stumbling block at the moment. When I get frustrated I just turn on the games and shoot something. Stupid happy waves.

A happy little forest, by some happy little mountains:

9a9d538017ad85d4076727800a3e6d15.jpg

Does it come with paint by the numbers?

I saw that his series got five stars. . . at least on my queue.

So I went and started up an episode and went to the middle of it and showed my son what we watched in the seventies and eighties when there were only three or four channels to watch on the TV. Still better than bowling or soaps.

I couldn't believe something so boring ranked so many stars. I told him it was probably nostalgia. If Mr. Rogers was available on Netflix, it would probably get five stars too.

His style is all right. . .

If you like the type of painting that comes in picture frames. :eusa_dance:

I saw that his series got five stars. . . at least on my queue.

So I went and started up an episode and went to the middle of it and showed my son what we watched in the seventies and eighties when there were only three or four channels to watch on the TV. Still better than bowling or soaps.

I couldn't believe something so boring ranked so many stars. I told him it was probably nostalgia. If Mr. Rogers was available on Netflix, it would probably get five stars too.

His style is all right. . .

If you like the type of painting that comes in picture frames. :eusa_dance:
Velvet painters musta learned their craft watching Bob........ :eusa_whistle:

I think maybe Ill put a little bed over here in the tree, maybe we can make a happy little granpa live in it. I still have a few minutes left so maybe I'll grow a mountain out of grampas head. now lets blend up, just a hair and some air...
Its your painting, you put what you want in it.

Forum List

Back