Bob Kerrey changes his mind, will run for Senate

ridiculous on its face.

It's basically spot on. Which Democratic war hero hasn't the right eviserated in one way or another. Most famously John Kerry..who's service record was ridiculed so badly that the RNC nuts war little purple heart bandages to disparage his war wounds.

He still carries shrapnel from that war in his body.

bs Who on the left hasnt hammered on the right.

However my focus was the BS about the drug test.

Why dont you just post maples take along with the forged memos.

Bob Dole's war record was never called into question. Neither was John McCain's. Come to think of it..I can't think of one war veteran on the right who got the treatment John Kerry got. And by WAR veteran..I mean someone that actually FOUGHT in a WAR. Not avoided it by joining the TANG..and admitted that he was trying to avoid fighting.

Bob Kerrey changes his mind, will run for Senate, source says

Posted by Aaron Blake and Chris Cillizzaat 12:14 PM ET, 02/27/2012

Updated at 2:46 p.m.

Former senator Bob Kerrey (D-Neb.) has changed his mind and plans to run for the open Senate seat in Nebraska, according to a senior Democratic aide.

The aide said Kerrey has called Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) to inform him of his plans.

Kerrey announced earlier this month that he decided against attempting a return to the Senate, citing his family.

Kerrey’s former campaign manager, Paul Johnson, confirmed to The Fix that Kerrey is reconsidering his previous decision, but stopped short of saying it was a done deal.

“I know he is reconsidering, but I don’t think he has made a final decision,” Johnson said.

Kerrey’s return would give Democrats new hope in a race that would likely be lost if he doesn’t run. The Democratic bench in Nebraska is very thin behind retiring Sen. Ben Nelson (D-Neb.) and Kerrey.

Kerrey, of course, will have to overcome charges of carpetbagging. Despite being a former governor and senator from Nebraska, he moved to New York after retiring from the Senate in 2001 and even flirted with running for mayor of New York City.

The filing deadline in Nebraska is this week.

Bob Kerrey changes his mind, will run for Senate, source says - The Washington Post

Yayy Kerrey!

i wish he was the Democratic guy in my area.....i would vote for him....Loretta Sanchez sucks....

I know but I love my Sherrod Brown. I think I'll keep him.

I have a problem with Clinton because he lied to an ROTC officer about his willingness to serve. Then he went out and protested the war in the UK, desecrating the flag.

Cheney got deferments when we weren't at war (he was born in 1941, and his eligibility for the draft was between 1959 and 1964). Bush served, and really the reason he didn't take that exam was that he didn't want to take an intrusive exam when he knew he wasn't going to be flying again...

I respect the fact John Kerry served. I don't respect the fact after the war he lied about soldiers committing attrocities. I respect the fact Bob Kerrey served, but he was involved in an incident where civilians were killed.

You're kidding about Cheney and Bush. Cheney could have enlisted..and Bush has said in public that he was trying to avoid Vietnam. Given that he was a really good pilot, he would have been valued there.

And several million Vietnamese civilians died as a result of American actions. All Kerrey did was fess up about his role in that.

cheney got five deferments. he didn't just not "volunteer".

He got five deferments when MOST people got deferments.

And that's the rub. Between 1953 and 1965, all males were eligible for the draft, and most got deferments because the military neither wanted nor needed them. You went down to the induction center, they separated the "can serve" from the can't serve and then let you on your way.

Yeah, techinically, you were eligible until you were 30. My late father had to retain a draft card until the 1950's, even though he had served in WWII. Realistically, the peacetime military was for those who really didn't have anything better to do in that time period.

Oh my. Democrats singing, gotta love Bob Kerrey. :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWaDkGXzs_M]Bob Kerrey sings after being elected to Senate - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back