Bob Kerrey changes his mind, will run for Senate

Sarah G

When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left
Mar 4, 2009
NW Ohio
Bob Kerrey changes his mind, will run for Senate, source says

Posted by Aaron Blake and Chris Cillizzaat 12:14 PM ET, 02/27/2012

Updated at 2:46 p.m.

Former senator Bob Kerrey (D-Neb.) has changed his mind and plans to run for the open Senate seat in Nebraska, according to a senior Democratic aide.

The aide said Kerrey has called Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) to inform him of his plans.

Kerrey announced earlier this month that he decided against attempting a return to the Senate, citing his family.

Kerrey’s former campaign manager, Paul Johnson, confirmed to The Fix that Kerrey is reconsidering his previous decision, but stopped short of saying it was a done deal.

“I know he is reconsidering, but I don’t think he has made a final decision,” Johnson said.

Kerrey’s return would give Democrats new hope in a race that would likely be lost if he doesn’t run. The Democratic bench in Nebraska is very thin behind retiring Sen. Ben Nelson (D-Neb.) and Kerrey.

Kerrey, of course, will have to overcome charges of carpetbagging. Despite being a former governor and senator from Nebraska, he moved to New York after retiring from the Senate in 2001 and even flirted with running for mayor of New York City.

The filing deadline in Nebraska is this week.

Bob Kerrey changes his mind, will run for Senate, source says - The Washington Post

Yayy Kerrey!

Former senator Bob Kerrey (D-Neb.) has changed his mind and plans to run for the open Senate seat in Nebraska, according to a senior Democratic aide.

The aide said Kerrey has called Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) to inform him of his plans.

Kerrey announced earlier this month that he decided against attempting a return to the Senate, citing his family.

Kerrey’s former campaign manager, Paul Johnson, confirmed to The Fix that Kerrey is reconsidering his previous decision, but stopped short of saying it was a done deal.

“I know he is reconsidering, but I don’t think he has made a final decision,” Johnson said.

Kerrey’s return would give Democrats new hope in a race that would likely be lost if he doesn’t run. The Democratic bench in Nebraska is very thin behind retiring Sen. Ben Nelson (D-Neb.) and Kerrey.

Kerrey, of course, will have to overcome charges of carpetbagging. Despite being a former governor and senator from Nebraska, he moved to New York after retiring from the Senate in 2001 and even flirted with running for mayor of New York City.

Bob Kerrey changes his mind, will run for Senate, source says - The Washington Post

Yayy Kerrey!

Why support someone that doesn't want to live with the people he would represent?

Yayy Kerrey!

Why support someone that doesn't want to live with the people he would represent?

He does want to live there.

Yayy Kerrey!

A good man that always was a credit to the political process. Welcome back, Senator.

Yayy Kerrey!

A good man that always was a credit to the political process. Welcome back, Senator.
Agreed.

This would be the same Bob Kerry who admitted in 2000 that troops under his command shot unarmed civilians in Vietnam...

Kerrey: Civilian killings in Vietnam a mistake - CNN

Yeahhhhh. Don't see that going really well.

This would be the Navy SEAL, amputee, Medal of Honor Recipient.

If the GOP tries to swift boat him, they will look like asses.

I don't care what he has done. Those days and those games are over. You guys made the calls in the last two elections that any military service just really doesn't count.

So. I can't wait to shred the old man. It's really gloves off. Nasty, nasty nasty is coming to this election.

You made it this way since 2000 (not you personally) but your party. Well game on.

No holds barred. ECW. I don't give a crap how anyone served in Nam or Korea or anywhere. I want to know how they voted and how they represented their people.

Oh this is a dream come true. Get ready you old man.

No mercy.

jeez, you're a moron.

Look you douche bag, I don't give a flying fuck what you think of me. You hate me.:lol: I don't have the time to waste on even feeling anything for you but standard disgust for moronic liberals.

But I do work boards and I do get what I want in election results. If this old bastard wants to re enter politics, may he get ready for a whole world of hurt.

New game in town.

No mercy.

jeez, you're a moron.

Look you douche bag, I don't give a flying fuck what you think of me. You hate me.:lol: I don't have the time to waste on even feeling anything for you but standard disgust for moronic liberals.

But I do work boards and I do get what I want in election results. If this old bastard wants to re enter politics, may he get ready for a whole world of hurt.

New game in town.

always classy, dude.

you're a drug addled imbecile. go eat another mushroom.

and you might want to seek help for your delusions of relevance.

Last edited:

Yayy Kerrey!

1197086068917675051egore_Thumb_Up_.svg.med.png
.​

No mercy.

jeez, you're a moron.

New game in town.

Old? He's only 68. He is very handsome too and a Navy Seal. Thought you wingers liked the military.

jeez, you're a moron.

New game in town.

always classy, dude.

you're a drug addled imbecile. go eat another mushroom.

and you might want to seek help for your delusions of relevance.

I tell the truth. I don't need to lie.

All you are is an opinion bitch from hell who can't back up one sentence with a link loser.

All you do is throw out insults. "drug addled imbecile go eat another mushroom" is such a response to what?

How fucked up are you?

Seek help for my delusions of relevance? What are you talking about? You are babbling.

I've put my resume out there. I know what I am. And I am real.

Who are you little cartoon nasty bitch character on the net.?

Who are you ****?

Forum List

Back