Bob Barr Throws Hat in Ring as Libertarian

There has been speculation for months now about Barr's potential bid, he even formed his own exploratory committee so this news doesn't exactly come as news. I would say despite Barr seeking the nomination that with Gravel also seeking the nomination that the image of their party could finally become more well rounded.

It is funny how there is such a dichotomy between libertarianism and fascism in the Movement.

gotta hand it to WJ, though.. he thinks all the white supremacists are going to vote for Barr.

I'm okay with that.

The trickier one is, who are the Jewish supremacists going to vote for? McCain's better on Israel, but Obama helps push whitey out of the picture. And Hillary hugged Arafat's wife. Oy gevalt!

I’m a little bit poisoned against Barr. I recall when we went after Clinton. I remember thinking that there was probably something phony and hypocritical about him. My dad taught me that quite often the guilty dog barks the loudest. There was just something about him. Finally Larry Flynt put him in his place with the Flynt Report.

For more detailed information see:

http://everything2.com/node/1318357

Recall that Barr was trying to get the President removed because the President lied about having sex with "that woman, Monica Lewinsky". According to dirt dredged up by Flynt, however, Barr:
Divorced his first wife; Divorced his second wife; though a rabid pro-lifer, Barr paid for his second wife to have an abortion in 1983, then lied about it in deposition testimony in his divorce; Had an affair with his future third wife while still married to his second wife (Christians call this "adultery". And talk about cojones: Barr instructed his second wife, who was his secretary, to arrange meetings with soon-to-be third wife!); Was sued multiple times for failure to pay child support for children of previous marriage; keynote speaker at the Council of Conservative Citizens (CCC: a white supremacist organization); received undisclosed campaign contributions, then deliberately concealed the source of the funds in violation of federal election laws; Was photographed in 1992 licking whipped cream off the naked breasts of two women

By the way, hypocrite Bob Barr lied to the courts as well. See these two sites.

http://www.zpub.com/un/wanted-barr.html

Barr's second divorce (he's had so many marriages, you know) involved a trial in which Barr lied about his long-term adulterous relationship with a woman named Jerri Dobbin, the woman Barr destroyed his second marriage for and eventually married as his third wife. Barr's initial answers indicate that he denied the relationship under oath - and because even Jerri has admitted that the adulterous affair took place, that's felony perjury.

http://www.tylwythteg.com/enemies/Barr/barr1.html

Second of all, Barr, in divorce court in 1986, stated that the did object to the abortion. Gail Barr's affidavit, if true, proves that he committed perjury in divorce court. Barr, however, still considers Clinton's "sin" of lying about where and when he touched Ms. Lewinsky to be an impeachable offense. He, himself, will not resign as he claims all the charges against him are false.

I’d almost trust Bill Clinton more than I would trust Barr. Pompous self-righteous hypocritical indignation is just a major pet peeve of mine.

Barr did not go after Clinton for the blowjob, or the lie. He introduced articles of impeachment MONTHS before the Lewinsky scandal even broke. I believe it was due to alleged obstruction of investigations into Clinton campaign fundraising from China.

Barr did not go after Clinton for the blowjob, or the lie. He introduced articles of impeachment MONTHS before the Lewinsky scandal even broke. I believe it was due to alleged obstruction of investigations into Clinton campaign fundraising from China.

Oh. So Barr did not care to go after Clinton on perjury charges?

http://www.swamppolitics.com/news/politics/blog/2008/05/bob_barr_wants_to_be_your_pres.html

Barr, a former federal prosecutor, is probably best remembered as one of the leaders of the Republican House's impeachment efforts against the President Bill Clinton for committing perjury during a grand jury investigation of the president's relationship with Monica Lewinsky.

Read part of the transcript for yourself:

http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/stories/1999/02/09/transcripts/

REP. BOB BARR (R-GA), IMPEACHMENT TRIAL MANAGER:

Thank you, Mr. Chief Justice. ….“Obstruction of justice and perjury must not be allowed to stand. Perjury and obstruction cannot stand alongside the laws and the Constitution. By your oath, you must, like it or not, choose one over the other, up or down, guilt or acquittal.

I respectfully submit, on behalf of the House of Representatives and on behalf of my constituents in the 7th district of Georgia, that the evidence clearly establishes guilt, and that the Constitution and laws of this land demand it.

I thank the members of the Senate and yield to Mr. Manager Buyer.”

again, I say hypocrite.

this is hilarious

posted by mattkramer:

Bob Barr

Divorced his first wife; Divorced his second wife; though a rabid pro-lifer, Barr paid for his second wife to have an abortion in 1983, then lied about it in deposition testimony in his divorce; Had an affair with his future third wife while still married to his second wife (Christians call this "adultery". And talk about cojones: Barr instructed his second wife, who was his secretary, to arrange meetings with soon-to-be third wife!); Was sued multiple times for failure to pay child support for children of previous marriage; keynote speaker at the Council of Conservative Citizens (CCC: a white supremacist organization); received undisclosed campaign contributions, then deliberately concealed the source of the funds in violation of federal election laws; Was photographed in 1992 licking whipped cream off the naked breasts of two women

Another of the self-righteous losers who brought you the impeachment of a president

Savings and Loan scandal
Main article: Savings and Loan crisis
In 1981, after leaving the House Banking Committee, Hyde went on the board of directors of Clyde Federal Savings and Loan, whose chairman was one of Hyde's political contributors. According to Salon.com, from 1982 until he left the board in 1984, Hyde used his position on the board of directors to promote the savings and loan's investment in risky financial options. In 1990, the federal government put Clyde in receivership, and paid $67 million to cover insured deposits. In 1993, the Resolution Trust Corporation sued Hyde and other directors for $17.2 million. Four years later, before pretrial investigation and depositions, the government settled with the defendants for $850,000 and made an arrangement exempting Hyde from paying anything. According to Salon.com, Hyde was the only member of the congress sued for "gross negligence" in an S&L failure.[9]

[edit] Extramarital affair
In 1998, the Internet magazine Salon.com published "This Hypocrite Broke Up My Family" which stated that from 1965 to 1969, Hyde conducted an extramarital sexual affair with Cherie Snodgrass. At the time, Snodgrass was married to another man with whom she had had three children. The Snodgrasses divorced in 1967. Hyde said the affair ended when Snodgrass' husband confronted Mrs. Hyde. The Hydes reconciled and remained married until Mrs. Hyde's death in 1992. Hyde, who was 41 years old and married when the affair occurred, admitted to the affair in 1998, describing the relationship as a "youthful indiscretion".[10] The revelation of this affair took place as Hyde was spearheading the impeachment hearings of President Bill Clinton over the Monica Lewinsky scandal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Hyde

New Topics

Forum List

Back