Bob Barr Sues Texas

You know what would be interesting here, is if Texas was the only state that had such a deadline. I have to agree though was a great move, but it won't go anywhere.

MY GUESS OF THE FUTURE RULING: A state law written to intentionally or otherwise prevent candidates from running for national office would be unconstitutional because states are obligated to allow for national representation. They cannot deny their citizens the right to vote for who would be president.

MY GUESS OF THE FUTURE RULING: A state law written to intentionally or otherwise prevent candidates from running for national office would be unconstitutional because states are obligated to allow for national representation. They cannot deny their citizens the right to vote for who would be president.

If that's the case then every candidate would have to be on all 50 state ballots. Bob Barr was kept off the ballot in West Virginia because he could not file before the deadline.

Let's not forget that it's the Republicans and Democrats that made these laws in the first place in an attempt to derail third party candidates from getting on the ballots and "stealing" their votes.

I think this will get as far as Barrack Hussein Obama being born in Kenya.

I do not think there should be a popular vote for President.

I think this will get as far as Barrack Hussein Obama being born in Kenya.

I do not think there should be a popular vote for President.

Well unlike Obama being born in Kenya, this is a fact and should have been upheld by the law. Another fact is that the ruling stands because the Barr campaign can't afford to challenge it.

Time to move on I guess.

Forum List

Back