Bob Barr: Obama Can Debate Me

jillian

Princess
Apr 4, 2006
The Other Side of Paradise
Brilliant....

Bob Barr: Obama Can Debate Me
by Russell Berman

Bob Barr has finally sensed his opening. With Senator McCain calling for Friday's debate to be postponed, the former Georgia congressman and Libertarian Party nominee says he is eager to fill in as a replacement.

"Given Senator McCain's political stunt to avoid the debate, I ask that Friday's debate moves forward without him, as I am more than willing to step in to participate," Mr. Barr said in a statement this morning.

Mr. Barr, who is polling in the low single digits, was excluded from the three presidential debates and had been planning to host a separate, simultaneous event Friday night in which he responded to the candidates and the questions in real time.

Bob Barr: Obama Can Debate Me - Latest Politics

I have to admit to a bit of schadenfreude about this... I'm sorry. I'm just so used to the right being in lockstep that this is intriguing to me. But I digress.

Gotta give Barr kudos for cojones. Good on him. And well played.

Brilliant....

Bob Barr: Obama Can Debate Me - Latest Politics

I have to admit to a bit of schadenfreude about this... I'm sorry. I'm just so used to the right being in lockstep that this is intriguing to me. But I digress.

Gotta give Barr kudos for cojones. Good on him. And well played.

I wish Obama would. Ask him about his GOP days when he went after Clinton for having affairs and Bob Barr ended up having affairs. Hypocrite.

Plus, he is a de-regulator.

Anyways, Barr didn't earn a right to debate Obama. Why don't you make Obama debate Ann Coulter. She can say anything she want because she doesn't care about winning anything. Neither does Barr. He would just love to help McCain this way.

And don't say he's not a GOP anymore, because Bob Barr still donates the maximum to the GOP.

I wish Obama would. Ask him about his GOP days when he went after Clinton for having affairs and Bob Barr ended up having affairs. Hypocrite.

Plus, he is a de-regulator.

Anyways, Barr didn't earn a right to debate Obama. Why don't you make Obama debate Ann Coulter. She can say anything she want because she doesn't care about winning anything. Neither does Barr. He would just love to help McCain this way.

And don't say he's not a GOP anymore, because Bob Barr still donates the maximum to the GOP.

I don't know if Barr still donates money to the GOP. He has that right even if he's running third party. But I don't see anything wrong with putting Obama's ideas up against his. Let McCain show up or not. If he didn't show up, that would be HIS problem.

I think Obama would hold up just fine.

i think obama should come and allow the moderators to ask him questions. it will be a nice 90 minute free commercial.

i think obama should come and allow the moderators to ask him questions. it will be a nice 90 minute free commercial.

That's pretty much what it will be if McCain doesn't show.

But don't worry. I figure by 4 pm, they'll do a deal that tries to make McCain look like super candidate and he'll show up with the Rocky theme playing in the background.....

or Bob Barr can take his place.:D

i think more people are seeing this as a political stunt by mccain. politics before country.

Would have been far more interesting had Barr replaced McCain, or been involved at all really.

i think more people are seeing this as a political stunt by mccain. politics before country.

I believe it was part political strategy part being genuinely concerned...

however, to use the argument of "politics before country"

the fact that Obama initially didn't want to go to Washington also falls in that category...

therefore it would be unwise to use this argument against McCain unless you are in agreement that Obama also put politics first...

Forum List

Back