Bob Barr: Libertarians should vote for Gingrich

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
Former Georgia Republican Rep. Bob Barr supports Newt Gingrich’s campaign for president, and told The Daily Caller other libertarians should consider joining him.

Barr was elected to Congress in 1994 and worked alongside Gingrich as he became Speaker of the House. Barr left office in 2003 and in 2008 ran as the Libertarian Party’s presidential candidate, receiving more than 500,000 votes nationwide.

Explaining his support for Gingrich, a politician not often considered a libertarian darling, Barr told The Daily Caller, “I’m very comfortable and happy supporting Newt,” adding, “it’s not to say that other candidates like Ron Paul don’t have very good ideas.”

The former congressman has served as a surrogate for Gingrich’s campaign, primarily reaching out to groups supportive of the Second Amendment. He said he has some policy differences with Gingrich, but finds his political track record reassuring.

Newt Gingrich | Libertarians | Bob Barr | Ron Paul | The Daily Caller

Yeah, we'll get right on that. :rolleyes:

Former Georgia Republican Rep. Bob Barr supports Newt Gingrich’s campaign for president, and told The Daily Caller other libertarians should consider joining him.

Barr was elected to Congress in 1994 and worked alongside Gingrich as he became Speaker of the House. Barr left office in 2003 and in 2008 ran as the Libertarian Party’s presidential candidate, receiving more than 500,000 votes nationwide.

Explaining his support for Gingrich, a politician not often considered a libertarian darling, Barr told The Daily Caller, “I’m very comfortable and happy supporting Newt,” adding, “it’s not to say that other candidates like Ron Paul don’t have very good ideas.”

The former congressman has served as a surrogate for Gingrich’s campaign, primarily reaching out to groups supportive of the Second Amendment. He said he has some policy differences with Gingrich, but finds his political track record reassuring.

Out of all the GOP candidates, Newt is the only one with the intricate knowledge to kick the government in its ass. Get things rolling so to speak.

But he is the ultimate big government guy.

Rescue Rangers 2012 Its Chip and Dale:lol:

The only down side they have is they collect nuts, not unlike the parties, so what the hell.

Out of all the GOP candidates, Newt is the only one with the intricate knowledge to kick the government in its ass. Get things rolling so to speak.

But he is the ultimate big government guy.

Rescue Rangers 2012 Its Chip and Dale:lol:

The only down side they have is they collect nuts, not unlike the parties, so what the hell.

Maybe, maybe not. The problem is that no libertarian should want the ball to roll where Newt would send it.

Never did like Barr. The Libertarians screwed the pooch nominating him last time around. Hopefully they'll do better this time.

Maybe, maybe not. The problem is that no libertarian should want the ball to roll where Newt would send it.

I think the biggest problem is we dont know where he will send it. What his rhetoric suggests and what he's actually done are two totally different things.

I think the biggest problem is we dont know where he will send it. What his rhetoric suggests and what he's actually done are two totally different things.

That was a damned roundabout way of calling Newt a liar ;)

I have no idea whether he's lying now or not. But he doesnt have a good track record with integrity.

Never did like Barr. The Libertarians screwed the pooch nominating him last time around. Hopefully they'll do better this time.

Looks like Gary Johnson. He may be marginally better than Barr, but not that much.

I think we have some idea just looking at his record. For all his bluster he hasn't ever done much to actually limit government in his career.

Oh wow I'm jack's lack of surprise that Barr is actually just an establishment tool.

This is totally why I voted for him in '08.

Wait, no I didn't.

Bob Barr: Libertarians should vote for Gingrich

We're (of course) talkin'-about.....

Bob "I Really AM White" Barr

barr13.jpg
272e1e002f22012f2fce00163e41dd5b

Forum List

Back