Bob Barr Forms Presidential Exploratory Committee

JeffWartman

Jul 13, 2006
Suburban Chicago
http://www.jeffwartman.com/2008/04/bob-barr-forms-presidential-exploratory.html

...Addressing Midwestern activists at the Heartland Libertarian Conference today, former Congressman Bob Barr announced the launch of the Bob Barr 2008 Presidential Exploratory Committee (BobBarr2008.com).

In his speech, Barr noted that, “America today faces a grave moral and leadership crisis, and those of us who care about our country’s future can no longer sit on the sidelines and remain neutral.” “As Dante Alighieri said many centuries ago,” Barr observed, “the hottest places in Hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.” Continuing, Barr stated that, “some say it is not now expedient or politically pragmatic to do the right thing, for the right reason.” But, he then asked his audience, “When has there been a better time? When has the risk of inaction carried more serious consequences? When will it be appropriate to take extraordinary steps? What must happen to our Constitution before we set aside our complacency and expediency in favor of principle?”...

I personally think this guy is great, but come on, do you really think the majority of the members here even have a clue who he is?

Most posters here obviously rely on the MSM to pick their candidates, so I would doubt if very many, if any, have even heard of him.

I looked at his site. I do find it a bit phony for a libertarian to be for an amendment which denies rights to millions of people. Aren't libertarians about freedom?

http://www.bobbarr.org/default.asp?pt=newsdescr&RI=426

What amendment? It was a piece of federal legislation which protected the rights of the individual states.

States' rights are a huge platform of Libertarians.

And in his defense, he's not exactly the staunchest Libertarian on the planet. I believe he was once a Republican, and has since joined the LP due to discontent with the RP.

Something I'm about to do myself, pending the final outcome of this presidential election.

You'd probably hate him more for the fact that he was among the first, if not THE first, to initiate impeachment hearings on Clinton.

Well I suppose if you want to play into the whole idea of third party candidates playing spoiler than Barr takes more from McCain then Gravel does by far.

I personally hope multiple known 3rd party candidates run and take votes away from BOTH main parties. They both need an enormous wake-up call from voters.

Nader and Paul would be optimal. Both could take more than 10% of the vote from each side.

The chance a third party candidate wins is remote as hell. The chance a libertarian even gets on enough State ballots to do much damage is remote as hell as well.

Just admit it Paul you want Obama to be President. Go ahead it is ok to join the Liberal left, you ARE free to be as dumb or as smart as you can be in this country.

The chance a third party candidate wins is remote as hell.
You and the rest of the electorate thinking that is the main reason why. But no one, at least not me anyway, said anything about one winning, in this thread.
The chance a libertarian even gets on enough State ballots to do much damage is remote as hell as well.

They have automatic access to almost 40 states RGS, and with the right candidate, they could get more. Ron Paul would probably garner 50 state ballot access if he ran Libertarian.

Just admit it Paul you want Obama to be President. Go ahead it is ok to join the Liberal left, you ARE free to be as dumb or as smart as you can be in this country.

You got me RGS. And I thought I was hiding it so well, too. :rolleyes:

I won't vote for a libertarian because they are to far right. They are foolish in their beliefs on Government as a whole. Do yourself a favor and learn what they really believe.

Given a choice of voting for McCain or Obama, no problem at all, McCain is the only choice. Between Clinton and McCain I will probably vote for Clinton, since both are liberals might as well ensure the liberals get blamed for the fucked up Government we will have for the next 4 years.

I won't vote for a libertarian because they are to far right. They are foolish in their beliefs on Government as a whole. Do yourself a favor and learn what they really believe.

I know what they believe. I also know that each one is their own, like any other party. I'm not ignorant enough to assume one label for every single person that is registered with, or running for office in the LP.

At the same time, these days they're probably the most fiscally conservative party that can get access to ballots. It's your choice, of course.
Given a choice of voting for McCain or Obama, no problem at all, McCain is the only choice. Between Clinton and McCain I will probably vote for Clinton, since both are liberals might as well ensure the liberals get blamed for the fucked up Government we will have for the next 4 years.

Right. It's all just a fucking game to you. It's like a sporting event. Do you have TIVO? You can pause and rewind live debates and vote tallies, so you'll never miss the most exciting moments while you pop your popcorn!

I know what they believe. I also know that each one is their own, like any other party. I'm not ignorant enough to assume one label for every single person that is registered with, or running for office in the LP.

At the same time, these days they're probably the most fiscally conservative party that can get access to ballots. It's your choice, of course.

Right. It's all just a fucking game to you. It's like a sporting event. Do you have TIVO? You can pause and rewind live debates and vote tallies, so you'll never miss the most exciting moments while you pop your popcorn!

It is about REALITY. Obama is dangerous for this country so I will vote McCain. Take Obama out and then I have two liberals to chose from that won't ruin this country, are not racist and don't hate the United States or the majority of the people in this country.

But you go ahead and keep believing voting for someone that has no chance is a good idea.

I personally think this guy is great, but come on, do you really think the majority of the members here even have a clue who he is?

Most posters here obviously rely on the MSM to pick their candidates, so I would doubt if very many, if any, have even heard of him.

Would it not be worth your while to inform?

Both libertarianism and conservatism are bound to fail because they are inexplicit attempts to preserve white America. That's what's really motivating calls for less government (when the government sends in troops to 'integrate' schools at bayonet point, that's something you want less of), lower taxes (the system is basically a wealth transfer from white to black), less immigration (obviously) and some tangentials like abortion, gay marriage, etc., which aren't as directly related but along for the ride (and thus get dumped by libertarians).

Bob Barr has a little pro-white in him (Google the trouble he's gotten into for that - speaking to the Council of Conservative Citizens) so I know that's part of what's motivating him. But, of course, he knows as well as anyone you can't run as a member of the White Party, USA because in the current climate, you'd go down like a lead balloon.

Solution: begin the process of more explicit advocacy for whites. Stop hiding (so much) behind principles that are oblique. Paulitics, are you aware of who Sam Francis was, btw?

Both libertarianism and conservatism are bound to fail because they are inexplicit attempts to preserve white America. That's what's really motivating calls for less government (when the government sends in troops to 'integrate' schools at bayonet point, that's something you want less of), lower taxes (the system is basically a wealth transfer from white to black), less immigration (obviously) and some tangentials like abortion, gay marriage, etc., which aren't as directly related but along for the ride (and thus get dumped by libertarians).

Bob Barr has a little pro-white in him (Google the trouble he's gotten into for that - speaking to the Council of Conservative Citizens) so I know that's part of what's motivating him. But, of course, he knows as well as anyone you can't run as a member of the White Party, USA because in the current climate, you'd go down like a lead balloon.

Solution: begin the process of more explicit advocacy for whites. Stop hiding (so much) behind principles that are oblique. Paulitics, are you aware of who Sam Francis was, btw?

What BULLSHIT. Conservative thought and belief politically is NOT white power.

But you go ahead and keep believing voting for someone that has no chance is a good idea.

When you, and the rest of the electorate, vote for the lesser of evils instead of perhaps a 3rd party candidate that actually reflects your views the closest, you give away another piece of your country to scumbags.

The only one telling you that 3rd party candidates can't win is the MSM. They do it every single election cycle. They place the "dark horse" and "long shot" labels upon the ones who actually seem to have SOLUTIONS, while they pimp the ones that are DC darlings.

You must be aware of that by now. So must most of the electorate. But for some strange reason, every year without fail, another establishment scumbag gets elected.

You say Ron Paul is a kook, meanwhile his domestic policy is about as close as YOU will personally get to what I've seen you call for. You disagree with him on foreign policy, ok, I get that. But all you're really doing is trading the domestic policy you'd like, for a foreign policy you'd like. You won't like Paul's foreign policy, and you won't like McCain's domestic policy. But you choose the one with the foreign policy you like. So you're voting to build OTHER nations, instead of rebuild our own. Makes complete sense.

Until the electorate grows a collective set of balls and strays from the norm, we're always going to be arguing over what EVILS to choose from instead of rejoicing over a true victory for the PEOPLE.

What BULLSHIT. Conservative thought and belief politically is NOT white power.

But in so many respects, it is. It's the thing conservatives are loathe to admit. The reason they go apeshit when accused of being racists is... there's a kernel of truth to it. I say let's make popcorn!

But in so many respects, it is. It's the thing conservatives are loathe to admit. The reason they go apeshit when accused of being racists is... there's a kernel of truth to it. I say let's make popcorn!

Sure thing, except you do not even care about white people, you are one of those people that if you got your "white only" country would be busy making new laws determining who was white enough and who was not white enough.

You hate because thats what you are, a hateful person that hates other people just because of the color of their skin or the ancestory.

I remember Bob Barr. If I recall correctly he was a raving lunatic.

a hateful person that hates other people just because of the color of their skin

Uh huh. Actually, I think whites in general steer clear of blacks in general because their behavior is terrible. I don't think skin color is the driving issue. When a white computer programmer gets mugged by six black teenagers in NYC, it's not 'skin color' that bothers him, dude. It's that part where they force him to the ground and beat him senseless over a wallet with 20 bucks in it.

New Topics

Forum List

Back