Boardwalk Empire:

I don't have any predictions. I do, but they're not really fleshed out. But I must say that the last ep was probably the best ep of the series so far. Very dark. Just the way I like 'em. This show and The Wire are my two favorite shows of all time. I think that The Wire was a more important show for its message, but damn, BE is so freakin' entertaining. Can't wait for the season finale. Then I'll have to turn around and watch both seasons again.

I don't have any predictions. I do, but they're not really fleshed out. But I must say that the last ep was probably the best ep of the series so far. Very dark. Just the way I like 'em. This show and The Wire are my two favorite shows of all time. I think that The Wire was a more important show for its message, but damn, BE is so freakin' entertaining. Can't wait for the season finale. Then I'll have to turn around and watch both seasons again.
The first season of The Wire was excellent in every way. But something was missing in the subsequent seasons. It became just another clichè cop show.

The first season of The Wire was excellent in every way. But something was missing in the subsequent seasons. It became just another clichè cop show.

I disagree. the Wire was excellent, wire to wire...;)

yes, damn is my sentiment as well. it was a great finale, but it makes me wonder what character we can be rooting behind next season. with nucky finally deciding he is going to be an evil bastard, who is there? with breaking bad, the next and final season the audience will have jesse pinkman to root for as walter white is now also committed to being an evil bastard. cant wait to see how nucky reacts to margrets actions regarding his land deal and owen slater. it was sad to see jimmy go, but he knew what was coming. why else did he go unprepared. he was at peace with it all. the war memorial was a fitting place. and now we see how cold nucky truly is. i am surely awaiting next season, but james darmody will be a surely missed character, very complex. i was happy to see him doing what he felt was right, i thought he would eventrually, all season. definately didnt expect that ending, up untill nucky's phone call. there werent any wtf moments yet, and with only a few mins remaining in the show there just had to be a twist. its a shame that nucky believed eli instead of jimmy... even though i dont know who will be the main protagonist to get behind, maybe righard harrow, there is no doubt next season will provide and perhaps exceed the standard that we have come to expect from boardwalk empire. another great show this season has been homeland on shotime. the special 90 min season finale next sunday it some good tv to look forward to... and i so wanted to believe that brody wasnt a terrorist.. i wonder if any americans watching are okay with what he is doing? i am sure some of the occutareds are, maybe.

well i sure didnt see any of this coming.....
Neither did I. And that's the entertaining thing about well-woven plots. They spin you.

I was disappointed to see Margaret sitting in that lady prosecutor's office. But when the prosecutor said "I will compel you to testity" it foretold the coming marriage to Nucky, because a wife can't be compelled to testify against her husband. But that doesn't mean a wife can't choose to testify against her husband -- and I believe that twist will be woven into next season.

When Nucky finds out Margaret has signed over those valuable acres of property to the church, if he doesn't lose it and go violent on her then he surely will when he finds out about her fling with Owen. That betrayal will be the dènouement. And that's my prediction.

As for vanAlden, I can't imagine what will come of that strange development. I'm hoping Nucky finds him, has him captured and tortures him. But that's just a reflection of my profound loathing for the degenerate nature written rather brilliantly into the vanAlden character. What really happens should be interesting.

Another random piece bouncing around in my head is Jimmy's loyal but suicidal accomplice. He knows Nucky took Jimmy out and he's not going to just let it go. Between him, Jimmy's mother and Nucky's treacherous, degenerate brother, Nucky is by no means in the clear.

Finally, I feel badly about how Jimmy's end came about. He was doing his best to make amends with Nucky and redeem himself. But the cruelty Nucky displayed was not only ugly, it portends how he will react to Margaret when he finds out about her and Owen.

So far Boardwalk Empire ranks with Deadwood and Rome. I think it deserves a bunch of Emmys.

to clarify there were wtf moments... what i meant was there wasnt a crazy twist, and all throuought the show the protagonists we were rooting for were just kickin a-- and taking names- and withj only a few mins left in the show when nucky called him i thought something was wrong. although i am sad to see him go, i am glad that James did not become a heroin addict as i have seen too many deaths, and people who wished they were dead as a result of tha destruction it can cause. more kids from my high school died from heroin overdoses, suicides, and stupid stuff like driving a car through a house on drugs than died in action overseas... im sending an ipod in that care package im sending, loaded with movies and tv shows and music albums. i think they are gonna love boardwalk empire

Last nights episode had a lot of Godfather tie ins

The mixing of murdering an enemy while getting married

Killing Jimmy was a lot like killing Fredo when it looked like you had made peace

o no no no.....

you dont gamble much do ya....

you took one line....jimmy becomes a heroin addict....i disagreed...but look at all the options left to me....the only option i didnt have was that jimmy becomes a heroin addict

somehow i dont see richard as the new sexy hero.....but hey....i could be wrong...basically all of jimmys family is gone...but for mother and son.....but the son has a fortune....which now gillian has control over...

nucky killing jimmy i think was totally in style with him....he did his own dirty work...he made sure it was done...he manned up to the job..unlike jimmy who contracted it out and got it totally fucked up.....nucky likes playing dad and always has...with jimmy and now with peg's kids....

what the hell was that woman thinking.....nucky doesnt love her anymore...he has seen her feet of clay....she is being a stupid woman giving stuff to the catholic church

What in the hell is Nucky going to do when he realizes Margaret signed over the deed to the church!

She pretty crazy.. :lol:

New Topics

Forum List

Back