Boardwalk Empire:

Leaves a lot open for the storyline for next season

Is Eli off the hook?
With Jimmy gone, does Gillian become a player?
Jimmy was the tie in to Al Capone....does Al get dropped?
What happens with Richard now that Jimmy is gone? Gillian can't stand him

I don't have any predictions. I do, but they're not really fleshed out. But I must say that the last ep was probably the best ep of the series so far. Very dark. Just the way I like 'em. This show and The Wire are my two favorite shows of all time. I think that The Wire was a more important show for its message, but damn, BE is so freakin' entertaining. Can't wait for the season finale. Then I'll have to turn around and watch both seasons again.
The first season of The Wire was excellent in every way. But something was missing in the subsequent seasons. It became just another clichè cop show.

I disagree completely. The Wire was the antithesis of the cliche cop show.

Great finale. I did not expect Nucky to take Jimmy out.

"You don't know me, James. You never did. I am not seeking forgiveness."

it did not surprise me frankly, nucky was always the calculating pragmatic. he did what he had to do with the commodore gone, why leave any open flanks? remember, rats or turn coats are never fully trusted again, nor should they be again. jimmy turned and there was no turning back.

and its worth remembering, the show is in year 1922-23, he was the king until he got sent away in 39 I think, so there is plenty of road to go and villains like Luciano and Manny and Waxy and Meyer to keep him busy.

Last edited:
it did not surprise me frankly, nucky was always the calculating pragmatic. he did what he had to do with the commodore gone, why leave any open flanks? remember, rats or turn coats are never fully trusted again, nor should they be again. jimmy turned and there was no turning back.

When you put it that way, yeah I can see what you mean. I guess I'm a sucker for redemption. Not that I thought Nucky would turn "good" (and not that I wanted him to); but maybe he had enough room in his heart to forgive Jimmy - or at least use him to his advantage (though, I guess Jimmy really had nothing to offer Nucky). I especially started thinking that way about Nucky after he broke down at his father's casket.

Last edited:

and its worth remembering, the show is in year 1922-23, he was the king until he got sent away in 39 I think, so there is plenty of road to go and villains like Luciano and Manny and Waxy and Meyer to keep him busy.

This is a good summary of the meeting between Nucky and Luciano early on.

Lucky is a young, ambitious gangster on the rise with his sights set on the big-time. He relies mainly on his own ruthless cunning, and is not only smart but oppurtunistic.

Season 1Edit

Boardwalk Empire (pilot)Edit

Main article: Boardwalk Empire
Luciano's first appearance is in Boardwalk Empire, where he is seen primarily accompanying Arnold Rothstein during his trip to Atlantic City.

The next night they have dinner with Torrio, Colosimo and Nucky at the Traymore Hotel. Luciano appears impatient as the older gangsters exchange jokes and other pleasantries. Though Luciano complements Rothstein during the conversation, Luciano makes curt comments to the other men. When Torrio outlines his reasons bringing Nucky and Rothstein together in flowery language, Luciano interupts him mid-setence, telling Torrio to "talk English." Getting to the point, Luciano then ask Nucky if Nucky could supply them with alcohol. Nucky, taken aback by Luciano's impertinence, chastises him for not appreciating the art of conversation. Embarrassed, Luciano leaves the table, forcing Rothstein to apologize for his behavior. Rothstein makes a more subtle approach and makes a deal for Nucky to supply him with alcohol starting with a 100 crate shipment for 60000 dollars.

Lucky Luciano - Boardwalk Empire Wiki

Picture of Charles "Lucky" Luciano (played by Vincent Piazza) is an up-and-coming Italian-American gangster destined for greatness.

250px-Lucky-infobox.png

I remembered the meeting but wanted to post this great pic too.

I don't have any predictions. I do, but they're not really fleshed out. But I must say that the last ep was probably the best ep of the series so far. Very dark. Just the way I like 'em. This show and The Wire are my two favorite shows of all time. I think that The Wire was a more important show for its message, but damn, BE is so freakin' entertaining. Can't wait for the season finale. Then I'll have to turn around and watch both seasons again.
The first season of The Wire was excellent in every way. But something was missing in the subsequent seasons. It became just another clichè cop show.

Your a douche bag, the Wire was great from beginning to end. That was a show that ended way too early!

What in the hell is Nucky going to do when he realizes Margaret signed over the deed to the church!

She pretty crazy.. :lol:

Or a women who doesn't give a damn about her children. First, she gave all the money she socked away to the Church. Now she signed over valuable land to Church. Nucky will kick her and her children to the curb. She will have no money, a crippled child that needs medical attention and no where to go. Not a smart move.

Darmondy was a great character, sad to see him killed off. Glad to see Nucky and his brother make amens. I loved walking the White's gang beat the crap out of the KKK guys.

The murder ("suicide") scene was brilliant and glad to see Nucky get off.

I just PRAY Margarett comes to her senses and doesn't hand over the Deed to the Church or the Father gives the Deed to Nucky!

This is a good summary of the meeting between Nucky and Luciano early on.

Lucky is a young, ambitious gangster on the rise with his sights set on the big-time. He relies mainly on his own ruthless cunning, and is not only smart but oppurtunistic.

Season 1Edit

Boardwalk Empire (pilot)Edit

Main article: Boardwalk Empire
Luciano's first appearance is in Boardwalk Empire, where he is seen primarily accompanying Arnold Rothstein during his trip to Atlantic City.

The next night they have dinner with Torrio, Colosimo and Nucky at the Traymore Hotel. Luciano appears impatient as the older gangsters exchange jokes and other pleasantries. Though Luciano complements Rothstein during the conversation, Luciano makes curt comments to the other men. When Torrio outlines his reasons bringing Nucky and Rothstein together in flowery language, Luciano interupts him mid-setence, telling Torrio to "talk English." Getting to the point, Luciano then ask Nucky if Nucky could supply them with alcohol. Nucky, taken aback by Luciano's impertinence, chastises him for not appreciating the art of conversation. Embarrassed, Luciano leaves the table, forcing Rothstein to apologize for his behavior. Rothstein makes a more subtle approach and makes a deal for Nucky to supply him with alcohol starting with a 100 crate shipment for 60000 dollars.

Lucky Luciano - Boardwalk Empire Wiki

Picture of Charles "Lucky" Luciano (played by Vincent Piazza) is an up-and-coming Italian-American gangster destined for greatness.

250px-Lucky-infobox.png

I remembered the meeting but wanted to post this great pic too.

yea, but they totally hacked his character to death, he was never that wild or stupid.

Your a douche bag, the Wire was great from beginning to end. That was a show that ended way too early!

While I agree (obviously) that every season of The Wire was great, I don't think that it ended too early. Though I have confidence that David Simon and Ed Burns (and whoever they partnered with) would have continued to write good stories and produce some excellent shows; sometimes things need to end. I hate it when shows go on for too long and end up becoming parodies of themselves. The newer Battlestar Galactica is a good example. I'm not a huge scifi tv fan, but that was a good one. It should have ended at like season 3. The Shield is another example. Good show for the first 3 seasons. After that, it became a joke. Anyway, just my opinion.

yea, but they totally hacked his character to death, he was never that wild or stupid.

I don't know too much about the real Luciano - just what I've seen on various gangster documentaries. But from what I have seen, it does seem like he was more level-headed than the way he's portrayed on B.E.

GHook93 i like all your quotes, esp the homer simpson one... The Simpsons was great, i liked the first few seasons only myself. i think it is a perfect example of a show that should have ended way earlier. people can disagree with me, and i have been flamed online by people all the time for their reasons why the new ones are so great, but i it is just my opinion. the first seasons were great, but after a point it became like a totally different show. that prohibition ep of The Simpsons from where that line GHook93 quoted is a great one, and an example of an era when i looked forward to new episodes of The Simpsons as a kid. "To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems!"

James Darmody's death apparently a shock even to Michael Pitt!

Source: CBS News
i havent posted enough to include urls, so you will just have to copy and paste this into your browser (cbsnews.com/8301-31749_162-57341219-10391698/boardwalk-empire-season-2-finale-sends-fans-into-an-outrage)

Great finale. I did not expect Nucky to take Jimmy out.

[...]
Neither did I. And I was disappointed by it. I expect this ruthless aspect of Nucky's personality will arise when he learns of Margaret's betrayals, both sexually with Owen and by turning over Nucky's real estate fortune to the Church. I believe we'll see Nucky's horns pop out.

I wonder what Richard is going to do when he realizes what happened to his only friend, Jimmy. I'm sure he was affected by the killing of Jimmy's wife because he liked her. But killing Jimmy will push him over the edge and we already know he is suicidal. So we can expect something interesting from him.

Really cant believe they killed off Jimmy.Nucky better get whats coming next season and hopefully in a bad way.Also is it all going continue in the same time line because surely jimmy's son got grow up at some stage and next season is suppose to be the last i beleive i read somewhere.

Forum List

Back