Boardwalk Empire

omg ghook are you serious?

SparkNotes: The Picture of Dorian Gray

book by oscar wilde....the main character, gray, sits for a protrait....he never ages...his evil acts dont age him...but does age the protrait which changes as gray becomes more corrupt

yes i aged myself with a classic education....you should be so embaressed to have even had to ask that

last night really shocked me.....i think the series is great....i loved jimmys g/f's reaction to him coming home ....mrs schroder is starting to use her 'powers'

is it just me....or does the nelson character seem to have the face of dorian gray...his face seems to be getting worse

I loved how the $400 dress she got by using her newfound powers was ruined by blood

This show is exactly what I was hoping for based on the early hype. It has simply superb production values - every episode is like a mini movie production - and YES it is shot on 35 mm film. It has three dimensional characters - with warts and all - that have really developed over the 7 or 8 episodes. To top it off it has very interesting and compelling story lines.......SO far - I am loving it!

i really enjoyed last night...capone getting the new hat to prove hes not a kid...etc....when jimmy shot the guy with that line...i wasnt gonna but you talked me into it.....i nearly died laughing....and what did nucky mean when he told schroder he knew what she was.....great show....great show last night....only 2 more to go

book by oscar wilde....the main character, gray, sits for a protrait....he never ages...his evil acts dont age him...but does age the protrait which changes as gray becomes more corrupt

yes i aged myself with a classic education....you should be so embaressed to have even had to ask that

One doesn't age oneself by reading classics - one just shows one has excellent taste.

Wilde, Dickens, Austen, Eliot, Trollope....I'd rather read them them instead of the mostly vulgar garbage that is currently published.

And now must exit thread: I DVRed last night and haven't watched it yet.

I read your link and they do sound similar! :clap2:

I finally got around to watching the last episode last night. Notes:

- Nelson is a seriously frelled up mofo, fo shizzle ma whizzle.
- The scene with Margaret reading the Wizard of Oz and turning Harrow into the Brave Tin Man in the eyes of her children was lovely. I'm liking the chemistry between Margaret and Harrow.
- The Bar Mitzvah scene where Capone had his epiphany was well done.
- Jimmy is truly a tragic character. He is at heart a good man, headed towards a disastrous end due to some bad associates and choices.

nelson appears to have some serious sexual issues....but hey dont we all?

i really like the character jimmy, he kinda grows on you....he can see how things need to be...but has no real long range vision...

i still think he is nucky's son ....

thankfully there was not a nude scene with steve buscemi this week....i think he is a great actor but damn it...keep that shirt on

nelson appears to have some serious sexual issues....but hey dont we all?

i really like the character jimmy, he kinda grows on you....he can see how things need to be...but has no real long range vision...

i still think he is nucky's son ....

thankfully there was not a nude scene with steve buscemi this week....i think he is a great actor but damn it...keep that shirt on

I think he's Nucky's son as well. Considering how Nucky's father was an abusive, distant asshole, Nucky's relationship with Jimmy is more understandable.

And yes, Steve should keep his shirt on.

well we iz wrong....commodore claims jimmy,....jillian is trying to off him...what a hoot and mrs schroder has flown the coop after her and nucky lock horns....jimmy's wife makes a majorly bad move in leaving the note...i thought it was a pretty good show ...

o and not to mention ....fucking nelson....

the little down by river scene.....that man is crazy...just plain crazy...

Most recent episode (11/28) was a disappointing set-up for the finale but I expect a whole lot of action next week. I expect Nelson to kill himself but I can't anticipate what's going to come of Nucky and Margaret. And I hope Jimmy Darmody doesn't hurt his wife.

Most recent episode (11/28) was a disappointing set-up for the finale but I expect a whole lot of action next week. I expect Nelson to kill himself but I can't anticipate what's going to come of Nucky and Margaret. And I hope Jimmy Darmody doesn't hurt his wife.

The purpose of the final episode is to leave you guessing. These questions ..and more will be answered next season

It appears that Jimmy Darmody is becoming a loose cannon.

But the most interesting thing about tonight's episode is Nelson van Alden being told he got that bimbo pregnant. After last week's utterly insane event at the baptizing pond, which is hard to accept that he just got away with as if it didn't happen, I can't imagine what's next with him. He being the consummate authoritarian it just doesn't follow that he would consider giving up his power trip to become a businessman.

It appears that Jimmy Darmody is becoming a loose cannon.

But the most interesting thing about tonight's episode is Nelson van Alden being told he got that bimbo pregnant. After last week's utterly insane event at the baptizing pond, which is hard to accept that he just got away with as if it didn't happen, I can't imagine what's next with him. He being the consummate authoritarian it just doesn't follow that he would consider giving up his power trip to become a businessman.

Margaret needs to make up her mind who she really is.

Great finale all the way around! Tied up loose ends and answered questions. The man in the iron mask is one heck of a great character. Glad to see peace be made between Rothstein and Nucky!

I love the historical reference points. What people at the time were doing.

Loved the season finale.

HBO's next great show is bound to be "A game of thrones". I have read all of the George RR Martin Books and have been anticipating the next book in the series for over 3 years!! GRRR!!! Maybe the show will motivate him to finally get it done!!

BE over, Dexter over, In Treatment over.. These series are so good but the seasons are too short.

Finales were all great though!

New Topics

Forum List

Back