Board standing still for anybody else

Those having a problem did you do a tracert on it?

To perform a tracert select start > Run and then type in CMD clicking ok at the bottom. If you are using Vista select start > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt.

Enter the word tracert, followed by a space and then the domain name.

Me too. But just now it's fast again. It's just completely erratic, and I have Mediacom, 8M down stream, high speed cable. I don't think it's that, because I can go to any other website and it loads like lightening. This is the only place I've been having problems the past couple days.

Regardless the fancy name of your ISP, I have found that during peak hours, mine slows down anyway. Doesn't matter how spiffy the High-speed turbo blah, blah, blah is if it's overloaded.

I quit having problem for the most part by dumping Explorer and going with Firefox. The only time I've timed out since then is when I inadvertently logged on with Explorer.

Of course, the fact you decided to move to Bumfuck II, WI (Dis lives in Bumfuck I), might have something to do with it. That 12/3 stranded wire that serves your entire town could be at fault.:lol:

Yes of course. EVERY other site runs fine, this one doesn't, so IT MUST BE ON OUR END.

Let's think about that for a second shall we? You never were a tech so I forgive you that you have no idea how to trouble shoot things. Basically you look for patterns or similarities. When you have a network and EVERY thing but one site runs fine it makes no sense to claim it is the network. That is illogical. Now if you are slow everywhere then ya it probably is your end. Could it be your end? Sure it could, but not likely. That would be the LAST thing you check.

I use firefox and have complained several times about how slow this place can be just like several posters in this thread. And always get told that even though every other connection works fine it must be my end.

...and when 25 other people are on, and YOU are the only one that's running slow, and 25 other people are running find, logic dictates that yeah, the assumption is it's your end.

To perform a tracert select start > Run and then type in CMD clicking ok at the bottom. If you are using Vista select start > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt.

If you're using Vista, that's a problem in, and of itself. :)

Regardless the fancy name of your ISP, I have found that during peak hours, mine slows down anyway. Doesn't matter how spiffy the High-speed turbo blah, blah, blah is if it's overloaded.

I quit having problem for the most part by dumping Explorer and going with Firefox. The only time I've timed out since then is when I inadvertently logged on with Explorer.

Of course, the fact you decided to move to Bumfuck II, WI (Dis lives in Bumfuck I), might have something to do with it. That 12/3 stranded wire that serves your entire town could be at fault.:lol:

Yes of course. EVERY other site runs fine, this one doesn't, so IT MUST BE ON OUR END.

Let's think about that for a second shall we? You never were a tech so I forgive you that you have no idea how to trouble shoot things. Basically you look for patterns or similarities. When you have a network and EVERY thing but one site runs fine it makes no sense to claim it is the network. That is illogical. Now if you are slow everywhere then ya it probably is your end. Could it be your end? Sure it could, but not likely. That would be the LAST thing you check.

I use firefox and have complained several times about how slow this place can be just like several posters in this thread. And always get told that even though every other connection works fine it must be my end.

...and when 25 other people are on, and YOU are the only one that's running slow, and 25 other people are running find, logic dictates that yeah, the assumption is it's your end.

Except when I am on late at night there are not 25 others on at all. But hey you make all the excuses you want.

Last edited:

Except when I am on late at night there are not 25 others on at all. But hey you make all the excuses you want.

Well, I'm sure if you send a "Marinely" worded message to the owner, he's SURE to schedule the board upgrades and/or backups of the servers around YOUR sleep schedule. :cool:

If you're using Vista, that's a problem in, and of itself. :)
I didn't have a problem at all

Forum List

Back