Board standing still for anybody else

Mozilla has a spellcheck? Where?

Click on tools, then go down and click on options, then click on the advanced tab. You can see in the browsing section you have to check, "check my spelling as I type."

3358229343_c7f47ec4a3_o.jpg

Whoa there bro...................
Prairie du Chien?
You do live in Bumfuck nowheresville.

Yep. Lovin' it too... after eight years out west living in big cities. I love the country.

I actually like both. I live on the edge of town. Had my daughter not still been in high school, we might live even further out. At the same time, the city DOES offer many conveniences not available out in the sticks.

I used to thrive on all the stuff that goes on in the city, but not anymore. Course I know what you mean, the city has more places to shop, more things open on the weekend, more things going on but, I'll take the country. I just don't like people or big crowds that much anymore, or traffic. Madison is only fifty five miles from me, and Milwaukee another ninety. Those are both big cities and I can be in either one in no time at all. I really do like the quite, slower pace of a small town though. Even this house I'm renting while I look for one to buy, is in town, but still nothing like living in the city. It's pretty quite.

The thing I miss the most about Reno... riding with the Vagos. That was freakin' fun.
The thing I don't miss about Reno... EARTH QUAKES!!! :lol:

I have always lived in the so called "city" but when we bought this house that is now concidered "Deep in the bubba nation" I'm loving it. I must admit it was a little hard for me to get use to. Now when I have to drive the 45 miles to the Mall or other places I cannot wait to get back home.

I cannot see me living in the City again.

Whoa there bro...................
Prairie du Chien?
You do live in Bumfuck nowheresville.

Yep. Lovin' it too... after eight years out west living in big cities. I love the country.

I live on the outskirts of a fairly large city. Well, not large compared to LA, SD or NY, but a damn huge metroplolis compared to Prairie du Chien. Might retire to some place like this though, Maiden, North Carolina NC, town profile (Catawba County) - hotels, festivals, genealogy, newspapers - ePodunk
Sounds like maybe you've been to Prairie Du Chien... (?)

I have always lived in the so called "city" but when we bought this house that is now concidered "Deep in the bubba nation" I'm loving it. I must admit it was a little hard for me to get use to. Now when I have to drive the 45 miles to the Mall or other places I cannot wait to get back home.

It was fun while I was young. Hell I lived in Las Vegas for four years and loved it. But I was 24 years old and in the Air Force. All the action. Everything that was going on. It was a blast. Now, it would be more of a hell than fun. I want my space. My peace and quite. My little slice of sanctuary.

"Bubba nation?"

Last edited:

It was fun while I was young. Hell I lived in Las Vegas for four years and loved it. But I was 24 years old and in the Air Force. All the action. Everything that was going on. It was a blast. Now, it would be more of a hell than fun. I want my space. My peace and quite. My little slice of sanctuary.

"Bubba nation?"
Yeah that's what I said to the person who told us "Oh you live deep in the bubba nation". I had no idea what that meant!

From what I learned its nascar, friday night fun is to go mudding in the truck. The serious Nascar fans! My neighbor races cars, he is a nice man and very helpful all the time, but he is a bubba. His dad speaks Guinea (sp?)

I live on the outskirts of a fairly large city. Well, not large compared to LA, SD or NY, but a damn huge metroplolis compared to Prairie du Chien. Might retire to some place like this though, Maiden, North Carolina NC, town profile (Catawba County) - hotels, festivals, genealogy, newspapers - ePodunk
Sounds like maybe you've been to Prairie Du Chien... (?)
Never been there, but an old Army friend of mine is from there, and last I talked to him he was still living there.

The accent here is like this:

House is pronounced houes,
Out is pronounced ouet,
A Thousand is pronounced ah thoesend,
Wipe is pronounced wahp,
Wash is pronounced warsh,
Store is pronounced stow,
Water is pronounced whuter,

and they say things like instead of "I'm going to go to the store" they will say "I'm going up tha road"

"Bubba nation?"
Yeah that's what I said to the person who told us "Oh you live deep in the bubba nation". I had no idea what that meant!

From what I learned its nascar, friday night fun is to go mudding in the truck. The serious Nascar fans! My neighbor races cars, he is a nice man and very helpful all the time, but he is a bubba. His dad speaks Guinea (sp?)
I'm not a big NASCAR fan but hey, going mudding in the truck sounds like a ton of fun to me. I guess I'd fit into the bubba nation too... :D

This is my truck, so you can see why I think going mudding would be fun. We have some sand dunes around here, and this thing is bad ass in the sand. Talk about fun... I've had it air born a couple times already...

3358345289_8f4d645ebb_o.jpg

Last edited:
The accent here is like this:

House is pronounced houes,
Out is pronounced ouet,
A Thousand is pronounced ah thoesend,
Wipe is pronounced wahp,
Wash is pronounced warsh,
Store is pronounced stow,
Water is pronounced whuter,

and they say things like instead of "I'm going to go to the store" they will say "I'm going up tha road"
You ain't lived until you've heard the terms,
"cut off the lights"
"carry me to the store"
and thought them to be acceptable.

ok watch this and listen this is how people talk where I live, and My family on my father's side are from wenoa Maryland and talk like this too.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIZgw09CG9E]YouTube - The odd accent of Tangier VA (from AMERICAN TONGUES)[/ame]

it's been horrible for me.....slow, timeouts, freezes....very frustrating....i thought it was my verizon wireless..... :(

Me too. But just now it's fast again. It's just completely erratic, and I have Mediacom, 8M down stream, high speed cable. I don't think it's that, because I can go to any other website and it loads like lightening. This is the only place I've been having problems the past couple days.

Regardless the fancy name of your ISP, I have found that during peak hours, mine slows down anyway. Doesn't matter how spiffy the High-speed turbo blah, blah, blah is if it's overloaded.

I quit having problem for the most part by dumping Explorer and going with Firefox. The only time I've timed out since then is when I inadvertently logged on with Explorer.

Of course, the fact you decided to move to Bumfuck II, WI (Dis lives in Bumfuck I), might have something to do with it. That 12/3 stranded wire that serves your entire town could be at fault.:lol:

Yes of course. EVERY other site runs fine, this one doesn't, so IT MUST BE ON OUR END.

Let's think about that for a second shall we? You never were a tech so I forgive you that you have no idea how to trouble shoot things. Basically you look for patterns or similarities. When you have a network and EVERY thing but one site runs fine it makes no sense to claim it is the network. That is illogical. Now if you are slow everywhere then ya it probably is your end. Could it be your end? Sure it could, but not likely. That would be the LAST thing you check.

I use firefox and have complained several times about how slow this place can be just like several posters in this thread. And always get told that even though every other connection works fine it must be my end.

Forum List

Back