Board standing still for anybody else

What exactly does that do?
Nothing you can't do on your own. It goes through all your browser files and cleans the junk out.

CCleaner - Home

In about 30 second flat. It also fixes open ended issues without the need to dick around. Works great for those of us who do nothing more on a compluter than poke around here, messenger, and a bit of shopping.
It's a good reliable freeware program, don't get me wrong. Very handy.

Nothing you can't do on your own. It goes through all your browser files and cleans the junk out.

CCleaner - Home

In about 30 second flat. It also fixes open ended issues without the need to dick around. Works great for those of us who do nothing more on a compluter than poke around here, messenger, and a bit of shopping.

I've never had a virus on my computer, and I know just enough to be dangerous, and/or keep mine running pretty well, so whatever helps too accomplish that is god enough for me. :)

CCleaner - Home

Download it, run the cleaner, go down to "issues" (left side of screen), scan for them, fix them (no need to save/back anything up), scan for issues again, fiix them if any.. Once you get a clean (no issues found) scan, you're finished.

Do that an average of once a week, depending on the sites you visit. It just clears up a lot of garbage that slows you down.

The past couple days have been kind of sketchy. At times the board isn't coming up at all. I get a "server has timed out" message, and then other times the board will come up, but it moves like a snail, and then it will scream right along. It like a box of chocolates... you never know what you're going to get.

Not to worry.

That up again down again proformance just means that Homeland Security isn't ALWAYS monitoring your every keystroke.

I've never had a virus on my computer
Same here. Nor any adware, spyware, keyloggers, and so on.

Seems to be running just fine for me.
But then Gunny likes my post so much, he gave me a direct line to the server. :)

Pffft ...:eusa_hand:

I'm the one bogging down people's computers. Haven't you heard? I AM the secret right wing conspiracy.:evil:

Yer name wasn't listed on the Right Wing Conspiracy newsletter I get. :confused:

*smacks you upside the head* Did you miss the part where it's a fukkin SECRET? Jeez ... the slow I have to suffer .....:lol:

Pffft ...:eusa_hand:

I'm the one bogging down people's computers. Haven't you heard? I AM the secret right wing conspiracy.:evil:

Yer name wasn't listed on the Right Wing Conspiracy newsletter I get. :confused:

*smacks you upside the head* Did you miss the part where it's a fukkin SECRET? Jeez ... the slow I have to suffer .....:lol:

Well crap,
the reason I said yer name wasn't on it was because I was keeping it a secret.
Now I had to let the cat out of the bag so people know who the slow one is here.

Well crap,
Now I had to let the cat out of the bag so people know who the slow one is here.

Huh. My computer works just fine. YOURS is about to have a problem though.:badgrin:

Well crap,

Huh. My computer works just fine. YOURS is about to have a problem though.:badgrin:
I've got 3 (counting the work laptop), I ain't skeered.

it's been horrible for me.....slow, timeouts, freezes....very frustrating....i thought it was my verizon wireless..... :(

Me too. But just now it's fast again. It's just completely erratic, and I have Mediacom, 8M down stream, high speed cable. I don't think it's that, because I can go to any other website and it loads like lightening. This is the only place I've been having problems the past couple days.

Regardless the fancy name of your ISP, I have found that during peak hours, mine slows down anyway. Doesn't matter how spiffy the High-speed turbo blah, blah, blah is if it's overloaded.

I quit having problem for the most part by dumping Explorer and going with Firefox. The only time I've timed out since then is when I inadvertently logged on with Explorer.

Of course, the fact you decided to move to Bumfuck II, WI (Dis lives in Bumfuck I), might have something to do with it. That 12/3 stranded wire that serves your entire town could be at fault.:lol:
I was told by the Mediacom tech that hooked me up here that southern Wisconsin from Milwaukee to Prairie DuChein has been strung with fiber optic, and as I said, the board here is the only problem I have. Nothing else bogs down, locks up or times out like this place. I imagine it has something to do with the way Mediacom talks to this places server. Maybe the path it takes gets busy. But it doesn't do it all the time. As a matter of fact this past couple of days is really the worst it's ever been.

I do have a clean up utility called Tuneup Utilities, 1-click maintenance. Works great. Also have Norton anti virus that I keep updated *daily*, and I also run Webroot anti spyware/adware. I've never had a computer virus in all the years I've had a computer. That's why I update my Norton daily. I just heard something on the news about all the new viruses being cooked up by the bad guys, and how important it is keep your anti virus up to date.

And I'll tell ya, living in BumfuckII, Wisconsin isn't so bad Gunny. It's a real change from the big city, and a welcome one at that. I like to look at fields and trees and lakes and rivers instead of buildings, streets and parking lots. Gonna go get new Wisconsin plates on the Harley tomorrow and take me a little put with some brothers around the country side... :D

Oh, and I use Firefox too. Love it. Have been using it for quite awhile now. Has a built in spell checker.

Last edited:
Me too. But just now it's fast again. It's just completely erratic, and I have Mediacom, 8M down stream, high speed cable. I don't think it's that, because I can go to any other website and it loads like lightening. This is the only place I've been having problems the past couple days.

Regardless the fancy name of your ISP, I have found that during peak hours, mine slows down anyway. Doesn't matter how spiffy the High-speed turbo blah, blah, blah is if it's overloaded.

I quit having problem for the most part by dumping Explorer and going with Firefox. The only time I've timed out since then is when I inadvertently logged on with Explorer.

Of course, the fact you decided to move to Bumfuck II, WI (Dis lives in Bumfuck I), might have something to do with it. That 12/3 stranded wire that serves your entire town could be at fault.:lol:
I was told by the Mediacom tech that hooked me up here that southern Wisconsin from Milwaukee to Prairie DuChein has been strung with fiber optic, and as I said, the board here is the only problem I have. Nothing else bogs down, locks up or times out like this place. I imagine it has something to do with the way Mediacom talks to this places server. Maybe the path it takes gets busy. But it doesn't do it all the time. As a matter of fact this past couple of days is really the worst it's ever been.

I do have a clean up utility called Tuneup Utilities, 1-click maintenance. Works great. Also have Norton anti virus that I keep updated *daily*, and I also run Webroot anti spyware/adware. I've never had a computer virus in all the years I've had a computer. That's why I update my Norton daily. I just heard something on the news about all the new viruses being cooked up by the bad guys, and how important it is keep your anti virus up to date.

And I'll tell ya, living in BumfuckII, Wisconsin isn't so bad Gunny. It's a real change from the big city, and a welcome one at that. I like to look at fields and trees and lakes and rivers instead of buildings, streets and parking lots. Gonna go get new Wisconsin plates on the Harley tomorrow and take me a little put with some brothers around the country side... :D

Oh, and I use Firefox too. Love it. Have been using it for quite awhile now. Has a built in spell checker.

Whoa there bro...................
Prairie du Chien?
You do live in Bumfuck nowheresville.

Prairie du Chien?

Yep. Lovin' it too... after eight years out west living in big cities. I love the country.

Prairie du Chien?

Yep. Lovin' it too... after eight years out west living in big cities. I love the country.

I actually like both. I live on the edge of town. Had my daughter not still been in high school, we might live even further out. At the same time, the city DOES offer many conveniences not available out in the sticks.

Prairie du Chien?

I live on the outskirts of a fairly large city. Well, not large compared to LA, SD or NY, but a damn huge metroplolis compared to Prairie du Chien. Might retire to some place like this though, Maiden, North Carolina NC, town profile (Catawba County) - hotels, festivals, genealogy, newspapers - ePodunk

Attachments

• $Mis-spelled1.gif
    $Mis-spelled1.gif
    2.4 KB · Views: 66

Forum List

Back