Board standing still for anybody else

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
The past couple days have been kind of sketchy. At times the board isn't coming up at all. I get a "server has timed out" message, and then other times the board will come up, but it moves like a snail, and then it will scream right along. It like a box of chocolates... you never know what you're going to get.

And just now when I clicked "submit reply" to post the above message, I got a "connection interrupted" message.

Charter delivers those same messages to me once in awhile... I don't think it's the board..

it's been horrible for me.....slow, timeouts, freezes....very frustrating....i thought it was my verizon wireless..... :(

it's been horrible for me.....slow, timeouts, freezes....very frustrating....i thought it was my verizon wireless..... :(

Me too. But just now it's fast again. It's just completely erratic, and I have Mediacom, 8M down stream, high speed cable. I don't think it's that, because I can go to any other website and it loads like lightening. This is the only place I've been having problems the past couple days.

And just now a got another "connection interrupted" message when I posted the message above. That makes twice the same message in the same thread. Weird.

The board is still locking up for me, and now I got this message...

Network Timeout

The server at www.usmessageboard.com is taking too long to respond.

The requested site did not respond to a connection request and the browser has stopped waiting for a reply.

* Could the server be experiencing high demand or a temporary outage? Try again later.
* Are you unable to browse other sites? Check the computer's network connection.
* Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy? Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.
* Still having trouble? Consult your network administrator or Internet provider for assistance

Me too. But just now it's fast again. It's just completely erratic, and I have Mediacom, 8M down stream, high speed cable. I don't think it's that, because I can go to any other website and it loads like lightening. This is the only place I've been having problems the past couple days.

mine seems faster on other sites too.... i think we have been over loaded with pop ups perhaps ads....? i got them blocked, but maybe that is slowing it down?

it ain't fun going slow and timeouts....:(

at 4am it rocks!

Regardless the fancy name of your ISP, I have found that during peak hours, mine slows down anyway. Doesn't matter how spiffy the High-speed turbo blah, blah, blah is if it's overloaded.

I quit having problem for the most part by dumping Explorer and going with Firefox. The only time I've timed out since then is when I inadvertently logged on with Explorer.

Of course, the fact you decided to move to Bumfuck II, WI (Dis lives in Bumfuck I), might have something to do with it. That 12/3 stranded wire that serves your entire town could be at fault.:lol:

PR -- have you tried cleaning out your temporary files, history, and cookies? That sometimes speeds things up. FYI, I haven't had any problems connecting to USMB.

It is slow for me a few times too but I cleaned my cache and all was well. I didn't have to delete my cookies, just the temp files. Of course I think my problem is with VISTA and not a server issue. LOL

Running a program called CCleaner works well, too..

What exactly does that do?
Nothing you can't do on your own. It goes through all your browser files and cleans the junk out.

CCleaner - Home

In about 30 second flat. It also fixes open ended issues without the need to dick around. Works great for those of us who do nothing more on a compluter than poke around here, messenger, and a bit of shopping.

Forum List

Back