Board slow for anyone else?

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
It's taking much too long to load the individual pages. I ran a tracert to the server here and all is ok except for one hop that consistently comes back over 250ms - unknown.level3.net

Anyone else?

At least if it is fast for others I know it's not the board!

If this helps Jim, I checked in with one of my office servers that constantly monitors worldwide internet traffic at crucial router points, the only ones in North America with problems are :

router.spindustry.com, Iowa 62ms Ping 62% Packet Loss

ac-gw.dandy.net, New Jersey (Atlantic City) 538ms Ping 50% Loss

sl-gw26-pen-0-0-0.sprintlink.net, Virginia 202ms ping 0% Loss

mail.pugetsoundcenter.org, Washington 0ms ping 100% Loss

Check the tracert for these.

I have noticed that my connection to internet in general has been much slower than usual. But that should have nothing to do with the board. What do you think that could be, eric? Is the Corporate Man screwing me again, slowing down dialups so everyone pays to switch to a direct connection? :D

I was about to post that everything was back to normal this morning, that was until I clicked on this thread! It took a little over a minute to fully load, where it usually takes about 3 seconds.

Tracerts all come out fine today.

It just takes forever to load all the .gif files. It'll have 20 or more left to load and just hang. Doubtful it's the board, Sql server or www server as everyone would experience the same issues. I use Optimum Online as my provider, but so do at least 4 other users on here. Not all users are routed in the same fashion though. Even stranger is that I don't have trouble with any other sites, although I'm not sure if I'm hitting any on the west coast where this site is hosted.

Here's a little screen shot of my futility!

P.S. Eric - thanks for the tests.

P.S.S Bry, you're still on dialup? Any DSL or cable where you are located? Just curious why anyone stays with dialup when there are faster alternatives these days that don't cost too much more.

I had problems yesterday, everything running slow, and I tried to post something and got 3 errors then finally posted. Today, running much better.

Originally posted by jimnyc
P.S.S Bry, you're still on dialup? Any DSL or cable where you are located? Just curious why anyone stays with dialup when there are faster alternatives these days that don't cost too much more.

Because we are poor!!! :)

Chuck, your poor? what happened to that big raise? you can afford it bitch! :D

Well, then next pay check order up cable! make your inlaws pay for it! :)

HAHAHAHA!! She is THE cheapest lady I have ever met!! She wont even let us wash the car here!! Kids bath has to be less than halfwayfull!! It ridiculous. Anyone want to shoot me and put me out of my misery!?!?!?!

Come up here, i will shoot you! :) Sounds like fun! is it one of those where you take you shower and get, ok, turn water on, get wet, turn it off, soap up, shampoo up, then turn water back on, rinse and get the hell out, deal??? haha, hates to be you!

This is now officially driving me nuts as the problem is coming and going.

Most of the time the text loads immediately, but then takes forever to load all the .gif images which are all extremely small. Almost seems as if I am back to my old problem of loading images properly! They eventually do load though unlike my previous problem.

It has to be one of the hops between me and Cali though, everything else can pretty much be eliminated at this point.

I don't know, i am not having any problems today! smooth sailing!

Originally posted by janeeng
Come up here, i will shoot you! :) Sounds like fun! is it one of those where you take you shower and get, ok, turn water on, get wet, turn it off, soap up, shampoo up, then turn water back on, rinse and get the hell out, deal??? haha, hates to be you!

You got it!! Thank God I take a quick shower or else I would have to hear it all the time!! Sure does suck to be me right now!!

Actually, I tried to switch over to one type of direct connection (I don't remember which...) but for some reason it was wreaking havoc on my little laptop. Besides, that, Jackass is right. I can't really afford it anyway.

It does seem to be loading better today, though. In my case, it's probably just a problem of traffic.

-Bry

Originally posted by Bry
Actually, I tried to switch over to one type of direct connection (I don't remember which...) but for some reason it was wreaking havoc on my little laptop. Besides, that, Jackass is right. I can't really afford it anyway.

It does seem to be loading better today, though. In my case, it's probably just a problem of traffic.

-Bry

Try taking a look at http://www.broadbandreports.com

It's a great resource for broadband providers just about everywhere. Pop in your zip code and it will give you all your alternatives.

Besides that, their forums are pretty much second to none in their assistance to a variety of computer related issues.

Forum List

Back