Board outage

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
You may or may not have noticed that the board was 'suspended' and to contact billing/support when trying to access the board earlier.

This was not a financial situation. The site was suspended due to high traffic and large SQL queries that were affecting other sites on the same shared server. There are about 200 websites on that server.

I immediately had the site upgraded to the semi-dedicated plan which only allows 10 sites per server. This should increase both speed and reliability.

Thanks for your understanding.

jimnyc said:
You may or may not have noticed that the board was 'suspended' and to contact billing/support when trying to access the board earlier.

This was not a financial situation. The site was suspended due to high traffic and large SQL queries that were affecting other sites on the same shared server. There are about 200 websites on that server.

I immediately had the site upgraded to the semi-dedicated plan which only allows 10 sites per server. This should increase both speed and reliability.

Well that sure does explain a lot :tng:

jimnyc said:

I thought maybe I was banned...or...Air America bombed ya...killed time at bashanything.com...nice people but way too slow! ;)

archangel said:
I thought maybe I was banned...or...Air America bombed ya...killed time at bashanything.com...nice people but way too slow! ;)

I also wondered if I got banned! I'd appreciate in the future if the board is down, if it wouldn't bring up that other website, that says I must check with bill or something.

I kept wondering if I had said something in a post that offended a moderator, but for the life of me couldn't think of anything.

I was hoping that I had not killed the board. I would have felt bad about that.

I thought that either it was a liberal conspiracy, or perhaps DU had launched a pre-emptive strike.

Forum List

Back