Board Libs Concerning Homosexuality

Pale Rider said:
Well you've got all the classic characteristics of a liberal, including contempt for anyone that thinks differently than you. You liberals are so predictable.

Ad hominem.

Your narcisistic tendencies make you look like a premadonna. Did you hurt yourself twisting your arm around far enough to pat yourself on the back?

Ad hominem.

Don't flatter yourself son. You couldn't strike anything with me. I've seen dozens of you "all full of yourself" liberals come and go here. We fuck with you for awhile for entertainment, and then you're usually gone. Gone because you can't argue against the fact and reasoning of a conservative. So, have a ball congradulating yourself, because you're the only one going to be doing it.

Really now? I seem to be holding my own. And look! That all so "important" reputation that you mentioned earlier seems to be going up! Oh NOES!!! WHATEVER WILL PALE RIDER DO!!!!

Kathianne said:
Sorry, I don't want epidemics. They are NOT providing workers for jobs Americans won't do, you're way wrong on the OCA. Perhaps not for the wages, but then again, doubt you would do your job for $10 bucks an hour, never mind 5, in the case of illegals, less than 3.

Let's just drop the pretenses. Building a wall is not going to keep illegal immigrants out. The fact of the matter is Mexico is so shitty to live in at the moment, that people will do anything to get access to a better life. How do we truly stop illegal immigration... Well we have one or two actual, legitimate options. 1 - Spend money to develop Mexico's infrastructure (unlikely). 2 - Make it significantly easier for people to obtain worker's passes into the United States so that they can come in and work.

Of the two, I think the second is the most probable, for a number of reasons.

1 - They're going to find a way across, regardless of what we do.

2 - If we make it so its easier, people will be more inclined to do that then to try a harrowing border crossing.

3 - If Mexicans utilize the new worker pass, we will AT THE VERY LEAST KNOW who they are, and where they are. Which is more than we can say at the moment about our new system.

Kathianne, I'll bite. What if Americans started performing hard labor on farms again? At $10 an hour, that suddenly cuts drastically into farmer profits. Farmers have to raise their prices. Suddenly that impact gets dropped onto grocery stores. It's a chain reaction, and what we see is an increase in the Consumer Price Index. I'm sorry... But low wage, unskilled workers are a necessity to prevent rampant price increase.

GunnyL said:
Or, it could just be jacked-up behavior by people unable to cope with the strees and strain of the ups-n-downs of the male-female relationship.

In other words, when the going gets rough -- and let's face it, it DOES get R-O-U-G-H -- they cop out.
Definitely a possibility as well....

PsuedoGhost said:
Ad hominem.

Lame.

PsuedoGhost said:
Ad hominem.

Lame.

PsuedoGhost said:
Really now? I seem to be holding my own. And look! That all so "important" reputation that you mentioned earlier seems to be going up! Oh NOES!!! WHATEVER WILL PALE RIDER DO!!!!

Looked to me like it just went back ten.

Good thread for you to be talking about "holding your own". I bet you do.

Kathianne said:
Sorry, I don't want epidemics. They are NOT providing workers for jobs Americans won't do, you're way wrong on the OCA. Perhaps not for the wages, but then again, doubt you would do your job for $10 bucks an hour, never mind 5, in the case of illegals, less than 3.

Kathianne could you please let me know what experience you have in this area in Chicago of all places that makes you believe i'm wrong.

I have plenty, my maternal grandmother, after my grandfather passed away in 83 remarried a Greek apple farmer in Selah, WA, a suburb of Yakima. Here is how his yearly cycle went and let me inform you he owned alot of acreage around town and untold thousands of trees on that acreage: he took out a loan from the bank to pay for the cost of harvesting his apples, harvested and sold them, then took the profits and paid the bank off and did the whole thing over again year after year......all this with the help, THE ONLY HELP AVAILABLE FOR THIS KIND OF WORK.....MEXICANS, there were no teenage natives or adults for that matter willing to do the manual labor that was involved no matter the amount of money he offered.

Face it, this mythical American worker you so romanticize about does not exist any longer, oh sure it did at one time but in todays high tech and highly educated America he/she is sitting behind a desk designing computer programs because it is more profitable and less laborious. We are a nation of 'want it now" types and i'm not saying that there is anything wrong with that, that is progress but many industries still need the labor and the illegals provide this. Now with that said I do believe in border security, where I differ is with the illegals already here, grant the amnesty and there will be no suffering by these industries that depend on their labor, your plan of sending them back will cause mass devastation in some sectors and be bad in the long run for America. Now I know you want what is best for America, right?

But a question, why all of the sudden the outrage over immigration when they've been crossing for decades? Couldn't be to take the heat off because of Iraq, could it?

OCA said:
But a question, why all of the sudden the outrage over immigration when they've been crossing for decades? Couldn't be to take the heat off because of Iraq, could it?

Hardly. Bush is screwing up immigration so bad that the GOP base is leaving him. Meanwhile, the Iraqi gov't is forming and top terrorists are dying.

5stringJeff said:
Hardly. Bush is screwing up immigration so bad that the GOP base is leaving him. Meanwhile, the Iraqi gov't is forming and top terrorists are dying.

The government is a tangled mess of warring parties at best and the base leaving its sitting president is bad, very bad.

Do you really think that killing Zarqawi is going to stop the violence even a little given all the different factions in Iraq? I mean its a great thing but from all accounts he's but one of a handful of terrorist leaders there. Face it, as soon as we leave, whenever that will be and no matter the atmosphere it is in on the day we leave it will soon thereafter be engulfed by civil war. Its a mess no matter how you slice it because Bush is unwilling to fight a war but rather fights it as a police action. Ahhhhh the lessons of Vietnam are so soon forgotten.

5stringJeff said:

Oh also I forgot...why the outrage only NOW over immigration? Seems you guys didn't give a rip just a few years ago.

Mr.Conley said:
I do find it strange that immigration has now become a "crisis."

However it is true that many who live in the border states and on border land are telling the rest of us that traffic has tripled if not quadroupled in the last few years. I would say people are now finally seeing the result of 20 years of unchecked illegal immigration come to fruition so it's easy to understand the "panic".

Bonnie said:
However it is true that many who live in the border states and on border land are telling the rest of us that traffic has tripled if not quadroupled in the last few years. I would say people are now finally seeing the result of 20 years of unchecked illegal immigration come to fruition so it's easy to understand the "panic".

First of all lets be honest? Unchecked? No, it was under the watchful of the feds and state governments who benefited from these illegals.

Could you please tell me the results of "unchecked" immigration? Anything detrimental to my everyday life I have yet to notice.

OCA said:
The government is a tangled mess of warring parties at best and the base leaving its sitting president is bad, very bad.

Do you really think that killing Zarqawi is going to stop the violence even a little given all the different factions in Iraq? I mean its a great thing but from all accounts he's but one of a handful of terrorist leaders there. Face it, as soon as we leave, whenever that will be and no matter the atmosphere it is in on the day we leave it will soon thereafter be engulfed by civil war. Its a mess no matter how you slice it because Bush is unwilling to fight a war but rather fights it as a police action. Ahhhhh the lessons of Vietnam are so soon forgotten.

Oh also I forgot...why the outrage only NOW over immigration? Seems you guys didn't give a rip just a few years ago.

Zarqawi's death certainly isn't the end, but the Army is doing a bunch of raids to exploit the temporary loss of top leadership, gaining droves of info, etc. It's going to be a major setback for AQ in Iraq when the dust settles. What's important is that we are hurting terrorist operations, allowing the Iraqi government to establish itself more and more firmly each day.

As to immigration, I've never been a fan of our blind eye towards illegals coming over, but since the illegals seem to think they can march for a day and demand Citizenship Now, it's time that we stand up and put an effective policy in place: one that seals the border from illegal immigration, one that deports illegals who come into contact with law enforcement, and one that allows for closely enforced legal immigration.

Forum List

Back