Board Game geeks?

Trivial Pursuit, Monopoly, Risk, Dominos.

Love card games too. Poker, Gin, Rummy, Euchre.

Euchre???!!! Wow... someone that knows how to play Euchre... :beer:

It's like the state past time up here in Wisconsin. They have 'Euchre Tournaments' in the bars here and yes, I've left with prize money more than once. I've been playing Euchre since I was really young. A single player variation of Euchre is 'Dirty Clubs.'

Last edited:
Axis and Allies. Settlers of Catan. Citadels.

Have about 80 board war games rotting in my garage. Collected them when I was younger.

All time fav?

Mines risk. Some strategy, some luck. Can't beat it.

While I like risk these games are NOT risk. They are mostly Avalon Hill with some Strategy and tactics thrown in. My favorite fell apart from over use. War in Europe. Division level game with one week turns of the entire war in Europe ( WWII ) 9 Maps that when put together were 6 foot by 4 foot and went from Spain to the Urals from just above Norway to the North African Desert.

I still play it as I now have CWIE. Computer War in Europe.

I used to play those military strategy games (you know..the ones with maps divivded into hexagons, that take days or weeks to play?) when I was I was college.

Try looking dumb and playing the flibbertigibbet...it works wonders for me. (Errrrrr....maybe because it comes naturally, but you could try).

:lol:
You? A flibbertigibbet? Impossible. ;)
Oh, GC, you have noooooooo idea. LOL.

I am very serious whenever something interests me, but not at all for the rest. Poker, while fun, I don't take seriously and that works for me.

:lol:

I knew I liked you for a reason. Life's too short to stop playing.

Have about 80 board war games rotting in my garage. Collected them when I was younger.

All time fav?

Mines risk. Some strategy, some luck. Can't beat it.

While I like risk these games are NOT risk. They are mostly Avalon Hill with some Strategy and tactics thrown in. My favorite fell apart from over use. War in Europe. Division level game with one week turns of the entire war in Europe ( WWII ) 9 Maps that when put together were 6 foot by 4 foot and went from Spain to the Urals from just above Norway to the North African Desert.

I still play it as I now have CWIE. Computer War in Europe.
That the GDW series?

I still have something like 150+ wargames packed away from younger days.

I was into the original squad leader and its moduals, hated ASL.

Favorites also included VIP, Russian Campaign and some non AH stuff like SPI's Conquistador.

It's like the state past time up here in Wisconsin. They have 'Euchre Tournaments' in the bars here and yes, I've left with prize money more than once. I've been playing Euchre since I was really young. A single player variation of Euchre is 'Dirty Clubs.'

My roommate in college and I would go to parties and play Euchre until 5, 6 in the morning and kick a$$~I love to play it still, just have trouble finding 3 others that want to play, or know how!

My roommate in college and I would go to parties and play Euchre until 5, 6 in the morning and kick a$$~I love to play it still, just have trouble finding 3 others that want to play, or know how!
Never played it, did like playing the game of life, where I would usually lose, just like reality.

I love card games too! Hearts, spades, rummy, euker. And I kick ass in pinochle. :cool:
The only people I know around here who play cards like poker, and I'm not great at poker. It's the face. I can't hide anything.
Try looking dumb and playing the flibbertigibbet...it works wonders for me. (Errrrrr....maybe because it comes naturally, but you could try).

flibbertigibbet - I learned a new word. Thanks Si.

I love card games too! Hearts, spades, rummy, euker. And I kick ass in pinochle. :cool:
The only people I know around here who play cards like poker, and I'm not great at poker. It's the face. I can't hide anything.

flibbertigibbet - I learned a new word. Thanks Si.
:)

Forum List

Back