Board Game geeks?

A few years ago me and my buddies used to get together and play trivial pursuits and drink beer on monday nights, being a fountain of useless information i usually won, one night to my surprise one of my less bright friends some how won and pretty much kicked everybody's as,, i suspected something was up and a few years later my friends fessed up and admitted they were feeding him the answers.:lol:

I grew up playing all the popular board games but it's difficult to find anyone who wants to play nowadays.

Most of the classic board games don't "translate" very well to computers either. I get more pleasure playing "live" than simulated. (If that's the right vernacular) The closest I've seen come to the fun of actual play was a computerized version of the classic "Battleship" game.

Same thing with books. I'd rather read an actual book in my hands than a representation of it on a computer.

There are two schools of thought on board games: Eurotrash or Ameritrash.

The Eurotrash games involve more complex mechanics. Auction phases, acquisition of goods and means of transport that sort of thing.

Ameritrash games involve more random luck. Lots of dice rolling, drawing the right card.

Love Backgammon. (Like card games more than board games, tbh)

My Candyland league can get pretty rowdy every third Thursday night, though.

I grew up playing all the popular board games but it's difficult to find anyone who wants to play nowadays.

Most of the classic board games don't "translate" very well to computers either. I get more pleasure playing "live" than simulated. (If that's the right vernacular) The closest I've seen come to the fun of actual play was a computerized version of the classic "Battleship" game.

Same thing with books. I'd rather read an actual book in my hands than a representation of it on a computer.

Monopoly translates well.

Trivial Pursuit, Monopoly, Risk, Dominos.

Love card games too. Poker, Gin, Rummy, Euchre.

I love games period! All kinds.

I love card games too! Hearts, spades, rummy, euker. And I kick ass in pinochle. :cool:
The only people I know around here who play cards like poker, and I'm not great at poker. It's the face. I can't hide anything.

I love card games too! Hearts, spades, rummy, euker. And I kick ass in pinochle. :cool:
The only people I know around here who play cards like poker, and I'm not great at poker. It's the face. I can't hide anything.
Try looking dumb and playing the flibbertigibbet...it works wonders for me. (Errrrrr....maybe because it comes naturally, but you could try).

Try looking dumb and playing the flibbertigibbet...it works wonders for me. (Errrrrr....maybe because it comes naturally, but you could try).

:lol:
You? A flibbertigibbet? Impossible. ;)

:lol:
You? A flibbertigibbet? Impossible. ;)
Oh, GC, you have noooooooo idea. LOL.

I am very serious whenever something interests me, but not at all for the rest. Poker, while fun, I don't take seriously and that works for me.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back